TP: 8534.6

SELL stop:8356.4
SL: 8381.0
TP: 8203.4

dc2000 said:
if Im right it should go 385 - 354 -385 - 369 then 406 -385 -450+

the last fig is conservative we are expecting 560 as upper target

Whoh is 'we' DC2000?

Morning, er, Noon Gentlemen, short at 05 (euro not reacting to quite good diff. from expected Ind. Output figures and the truth of a newly appointed MPC member out: 'twas but a rumour), selling the news for the moment.

the ones with the knowledge or could just be my imaginary friend

passing the time now trying to work out chows breakout

Hmm cant decide if its a breakout of a timed range or a range created either side of a given number at a point in time

ChowClown said:
DC,

It's a combination of methods from another board posted by SM01 & Hans123. Volatility Expansion Breakout. Backtesting over the last few years looked promising by the guys, so i've begun forward testing manually with Oanda. Fits in nicely with the day-job (tethered to my desk as an IT Recruiter - boooo).

Here you go:

For longs

Set the channel entry margin = (price @ 8AM BST) + (70% of 5AM-8AM range)
Set the Stop level = (price @ 8AM BST) - (50% of 5AM-8AM range)
TP at 150 pips. Close all trades and/or pending orders at 4pm.

Keep the opposite pending order active once the other order is opened.

Reverse for shorts.

As I say, all credit to SM01 and Hans123.

br
chow

And how's it testing Chow ? I did forward test Hans for a few months and it was good for periods and then cable would turn from highs to new lows and then turn again to keep p!ssing me off !!

Sorry to hear that Marm. I was lucky as I just moved my stop on my 341 Long to b/e and hoped the numbers would be weak. Im hoping we can get past 525 Res and up to (close to) 600.

Priceman said:
And how's it testing Chow ? I did forward test Hans for a few months and it was good for periods and then cable would turn from highs to new lows and then turn again to keep p!ssing me off !!
...forward from 1st July and in -ve territory, although today's action looking promising - as you know these BO results swing wildly, you can be well down on the month and a couple decent trending sessions flips it over. I'm posting test results in the T2W journal, if you want to follow progress.

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Buy order stopped in so far...

BUY stop: 8384.6
SL: 8360.0
TP: 8534.6

SELL stop:8356.4
SL: 8381.0
TP: 8203.4
TP on BUY hit for +150 ....that's more like it.

smbtnt said:
http://www.forex-swiss.com/

A recommendation from one of the popular FX forums.

Currently looking at Oanda and abovementioned (though I'm bit weary of something carrying "swiss" in its name and is located in Austria. (See the Contact Us page, left is a pic of the Kappellbridge in Lucerne/Switzerland, right, they're in Salzburg/Austria. Slightly misleading
See for yourself )

Anyway, their homepage is well-written, far more informative than your average broker's pages, which usually read like "dumbed-down for the masses" of what a halfway knowledgeable trader/techie may be looking for.

OOOOOH :eek: 2 pips spread on cable! OK, now I'm interested! (Oanda's is 4pips during Tokyo and 2.7 during the day), even if it turns out to average to 2.7 overall, still quite yummy.

And now for the ball-buster: The underlying broker is FXCH, "Foreign Exchange Clearing House Ltd (FXCH) does not accept funds from citizens of the United States and Switzerland."
They're located in Zurich and have set themselves up as an offshore company (Dominica), probably for tax reasons. As Forex is not regulated in Switzerland (witness the infamous ACM), it can't be for other legal/regulations reasons.

Well, Oanda it is then :confused:

Last edited:
marmoset said:
Currently looking at Oanda and abovementioned (though I'm bit weary of something carrying "swiss" in its name and is located in Austria. (See the Contact Us page, left is a pic of the Kappellbridge in Lucerne/Switzerland, right, they're in Salzburg/Austria. Slightly misleading
See for yourself )

Anyway, their homepage is well-written, far more informative than your average broker's pages, which usually read like "dumbed-down for the masses" of what a halfway knowledgeable trader/techie may be looking for.

OOOOOH :eek: 2 pips spread on cable! OK, now I'm interested! (Oanda's is 4pips during Tokyo and 2.7 during the day), even if it turns out to average to 2.7 overall, still quite yummy.

And now for the ball-buster: The underlying broker is FXCH, "Foreign Exchange Clearing House Ltd (FXCH) does not accept funds from citizens of the United States and Switzerland."
They're located in Zurich and have set themselves up as an offshore company (Dominica), probably for tax reasons. As Forex is not regulated in Switzerland (witness the infamous ACM), it can't be for other legal/regulations reasons.

Well, Oanda it is then :(

I use Oanda and they are very good imo. Charts are hopeless, but I use MT4 anyway for that.

Oanda are excellent, but during big news moments such as NFP, the spreads jump to 10!