Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kissing 20 pips goodbye: -1
First candle inside Bollinger bands in 2 hours, waiting for the 07 short to get hit

marmoset said:
Kissing 20 pips goodbye: -1
First candle inside Bollinger bands in 2 hours, waiting for the 07 short to get hit

So the asian breakout didn't last an hour, reversal time now maybe down, down... I'm getting back in for a short around the 16 mark

well it didn't pull back to my level so I missed that beauty !! hope you all caught some pips there.

Priceman said:
Was going to ask you mate if you'd tested elsewhere like on the hero (my attempt at wit, nickname for the EUR)

Not yet, Excel is way too slow for such serious fundamental research, it also has the 65000 something rows limitation. Currently writing the outline in editor, first verbose, then plug in the relevant for..next, if..then..else's, later on look up type definition and exact syntax for file reading, output etc.
There'll be a second app, to evaluate results, timezones, to be written. All output in csv format, so I can plug it into Excel. Excel's good for fiddling with variables with not too many data.

Closed out s07 for 13pips, +12

short entry 85, long entry 8710

Ok they're all getting nervous out there for the announcements this PM. I'm shorting at 99... expect it to pass the asian low now, very soon...

Priceman said:
Ok they're all getting nervous out there for the announcements this PM. I'm shorting at 99... expect it to pass the asian low now, very soon...

got my short entry 1 pip below last low (86), also happens to be the S85 MonkeyBounce level. Playing it like a regular b/o :)

Moved long entry to 13, to stay consistent with b/o approach, also near the L15 MonkeyBounce level.

coolTrader said:
Yes I have EUR, CHF and usd JPY confirming the move but also not going anywhere yet except to their respective pivots..

That's the problem with trading BOs. Not all of them succeed. The greenback strong today. Why? Strong new house data yesterday, and today the market expects a very strong GDP (consensus: 5.8).

There seems to be quite a good support line connecting the lows from 3pm yesterday through to now on the 15 min chart. It's a diagonal, but about 1.8684 in the current bar period. My plan is to wait and see if cable breaks through on the downside, in which case I'll short down towards S1, or bounces off again in which case I'll go long to squeeze out a few pips - maybe up to the pivot point at 874.

Baruch said:
That's the problem with trading BOs. Not all of them succeed. The greenback strong today. Why? Strong new house data yesterday, and today the market expects a very strong GDP (consensus: 5.8).

supported by adjusted lower unemployment claims as well.

Bull/bear shoving match, jockeying for positon.

So much for my prediction of touching the low, stopped out for -10. Get down shep ! I'd rather get out than wait to see what happens, to choppy for me

If this is going up again I want to see it comfortably stay above the 8716 morning breakout level first ! Not convincing yet

Aw, fuggetaboutit, taking the 5 pips and hitting the sack: +17

short entry moved to 8700, sl 19 target 60

Well if I traded what I said and waited when I should this would be so much easier. I said let's see cable stay above the 8716 mark so show it's going up, what did I do... got in early and lost some pips again. NOW I SHALL WAIT TO SEE ! Phew I make this hard work !

news news news come on give us some clues !

The yen pairs ie EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY are very active this morning, also they tend to trend better than their $ counterparts. Worth having them on your screen. Looks like a real show of strength from the Jap.
Order of strength this morning Yen>USD>europeans