Best Thread Live Cable Trading

marmoset said:
looking at the 4h chart, after the double top at 9000, market has almost reached the same width of the uptrend, with no compelling evidence of going up. In fact, I see it as a downpointing triangle, lower highs etc.
US GDP and low initial jobless claims may be the trigger for another 200 pip free fall this afternoon.

Maybe - and don't forget house sales today - but I think the odds are against it, because the most impontant data of the week comes tomorrow (PCE Core).

marmoset said:
Same here, range up till now 49 pips. The fat lady needs breathing room, and she usually gets it to the downside. But for right now I'd say she wants to test the pivot...

... I would agree, and it could reach 8744.

decided to stand aside now as the market is undecided. giving the impression it wants to go up but not breaking! make me think the buyers are not convinced yet.

Is she, or isn't she going to vault the pivot... OK, let's chance it, put in an entry long at 36, moving entry short up to 95

coolTrader said:
decided to stand aside now as the market is undecided. giving the impression it wants to go up but not breaking! make me think the buyers are not convinced yet.

Well, the BO was confirmed by euro, so it was more than a cable news spike.

yeh they're both staying just above the asian breakout level so should go up more for now...

Baruch said:

Have a 15min eur/usd chart open as a standard tool now. Thanks again for that pointer Baruch!

marmoset said:
Moved entry short to 07

Yeh I'm getting to like the 15min rather than the 5min now... see more doji's and spinning tops and all that other buzz word talk !! Anyone know what they mean ;)

Still not made it's mind up yet has it whether it's going up or down !! I'm long from 21 will try to get 10-15 from that...

Priceman said:
Yeh I'm getting to like the 15min rather than the 5min now... see more doji's and spinning tops and all that other buzz word talk !! Anyone know what they mean ;)

Still not made it's mind up yet has it whether it's going up or down !! I'm long from 21 will try to get 10-15 from that...

Candlestick analysis: click on the Traderpedia tab on top of the page, find Technical analysis, click on Candlesticks. Interesting reading material.

Well, looks like your 15 pips are in the bag ;)

Baruch said:

Yes I have EUR, CHF and usd JPY confirming the move but also not going anywhere yet except to their respective pivots..

Ok now we've tested the high from US trading, can it go higher ? I got out for +22 there. About even for the morning after not being patient enough during the asian session earlier. I lost 20 pips trying to guess which way next ! Don't try this at home children !! hehe

It's a bit like fishing isn't it, did anyone do that as a kid with their father. I was bored stiff but when it came and you got a catch the rush was amazing !

Dang, do I see a new correlation here, MonkeyBounce-wise?? Should I actually be testing my bounce levels on the eurodolly? 2 bounces off the 2800 big fig on the 15min... cable in lockstep. Definitely need to write that numbercruncher app!

Priceman said:
Ok now we've tested the high from US trading, can it go higher ? I got out for +22 there. About even for the morning after not being patient enough during the asian session earlier. I lost 20 pips trying to guess which way next ! Don't try this at home children !! hehe

It's a bit like fishing isn't it, did anyone do that as a kid with their father. I was bored stiff but when it came and you got a catch the rush was amazing !

Fishing and hunting are my holiday fave passtimes. No phones ringing and when you get a tug on that fly or a nice plump wabbit or grouse bounces into the crosshairs, all the boredom and sore feet are worth it ;) In our case, the sore buttocks :p

marmoset said:
Dang, do I see a new correlation here, MonkeyBounce-wise?? Should I actually be testing my bounce levels on the eurodolly? 2 bounces off the 2800 big fig on the 15min... cable in lockstep. Definitely need to write that numbercruncher app!

Was going to ask you mate if you'd tested elsewhere like on the hero (my attempt at wit, nickname for the EUR)