Best Thread Live Cable Trading

how is it going.. tricky day it has been.. I like these quiet zones because you can seen when they break trend lines clealry and know where it is going.

What I wanna know is where's Marmoset today then ? Maybe too busy with work ? What's new mate as you're the guru I want to follow at the mo...

Priceman said:
What I wanna know is where's Marmoset today then ? Maybe too busy with work ? What's new mate as you're the guru I want to follow at the mo...

Yes, very strange. He was busy in the morning. Maybe he has slept the rest of the day? :cheesy:

Priceman said:

In the morning, got up a bit later than normal.
Then, as I noticed my concentration was shot (MonkeyBounce needed retesting), I simply busied myself with Excel. Very tedious process, guess I'll leave it be till the weekend, will simply write a number cruncher app in Python.

Then it was off to work, where all hell was breaking loose, phone calls every 2 minutes.
Currently working down the pile of queries.

Anyway, will be in front of the screen tonight and tomorrow morning, for some discretionary trading (keeping MB levels in mind).

*starting up a 5min cable chart to have a look at what fun I missed*

:eek: Now I wish I hadn't... Left behind blues :cry:

Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Anyone out there trading ? I have managed to get to about break-even again today after scalping my way back...

Priceman said:
Anyone out there trading ? I have managed to get to about break-even again today after scalping my way back...

short at 85, let's see what develops

long at 8700 (looks like there's a vacuum towards the pivot, 8732)

edited to add: clean through the big fig :cheesy:

re-edited to add: stopped out at b/e. C'mon Tokyo, makee uppee your mindee :|

Last edited:
marmoset said:
went long again at 8704, stop just above pivot

I suppose not much will happen before the US data this afternoon (but we also have some UK data like Import Prices). PS. Where did you place your stop?

Morning guys, I'm just reading up on Elliott theory.... any good for FX ? Do any of you use it ?

Look at how they rate the responses for today's news... Don't you think the house sales will have a bigger impact than this ? Nice news for marmoset during the Japanesey session later tonight !

www.forexfactory.com

Priceman said:
Morning guys, I'm just reading up on Elliott theory.... any good for FX ? Do any of you use it ?

Look at how they rate the responses for today's news... Don't you think the house sales will have a bigger impact than this ? Nice news for marmoset during the Japanesey session later tonight !

www.forexfactory.com

It's amazing that Forex Factory don't understand it's the house data which is the most important.

Another calendar:

http://www.dailyfx.com/story/calend...Economic_Calendar_For_Week_1148064602025.html

PS. Still trading the Darvas method?

Last edited:
Baruch said:
I suppose not much will happen before the US data this afternoon (but we also have some UK data like Import Prices). PS. Where did you place your stop?

We also get UK GDP 8.30 gmt. :p

baruch
I have been trading the darvas method for a long time
but have always called it ,a resting point , or a period of indecision , or a tube ,
so now we have something to cal it

hornblower said:
baruch
I have been trading the darvas method for a long time
but have always called it ,a resting point , or a period of indecision , or a tube ,
so now we have something to cal it

OK, so maybe we should call it The Hornblower Method instead? :cheesy: Darvas' box method is only part of his strategy for long-term investing in growth stocks. I love his books, and I think his strategy is excellent (but it's not for forex...).

ok boys and girls what are the predictions for today then ? I see cable flying up for a little while then down down down !! I am normally wrong though ;-)

Baruch said:

Morning everybody, hi Baruch,

I've used VT's automated trailing stop at -50, am 10 pips away from being stopped out.

Not much going on, everybody seems to be waiting for the data...

Let me get a coffee

looking at the 4h chart, after the double top at 9000, market has almost reached the same width of the uptrend, with no compelling evidence of going up. In fact, I see it as a downpointing triangle, lower highs etc.
US GDP and low initial jobless claims may be the trigger for another 200 pip free fall this afternoon.

Priceman said:
ok boys and girls what are the predictions for today then ? I see cable flying up for a little while then down down down !! I am normally wrong though ;-)

Same here, range up till now 49 pips. The fat lady needs breathing room, and she usually gets it to the downside. But for right now I'd say she wants to test the pivot...