Best Thread Live Cable Trading

yup, first time I try this, tiny pipsqueak position though, I may be crazy but I'm not stupid :p

marmoset said:
yup, first time I try this, tiny pipsqueak position though, I may be crazy but I'm not stupid :p

Never enter a new position just before major news.

stopped out at -34, pipwise I'm at +13, moneywise still nicely in the profit zone (when you see me pyramiding, count on it that I'm playing with a not so measly position).

Well, experiment ended, saving numbercruncher outline and off to work.

marmoset said:
Or if you do, don't bet the farm! :p

Right, but if you do, go against the consensus of the market, because 2 out of 3 times the market is wrong. Like today when the market expected a very good GDP number, 5.8, but it was "only" 5.3. ;)

PS. GBP/JPY now down 120 pips..!

Last edited:
As a consensus; are the traders on this board partial to the up or downside today? I get the impression most are biased to the down, am I correct?

:cry: I ain't got a clue anymore to today's range. Outta there for -50 ! Went long when I shoulda gone short and vice-versa !!

I'm off for the long weekend now for some R&R, enjoy the rest of the rollercoaster chaps and good luck to all.

Priceman said:
:cry: I ain't got a clue anymore to today's range. Outta there for -50 ! Went long when I shoulda gone short and vice-versa !!

I'm off for the long weekend now for some R&R, enjoy the rest of the rollercoaster chaps and good luck to all.

Priceman,

Sorry to hear. If you wait another 22 minutes, you can maybe get all your pips back (house sales). Just go with the flow.

Baruch said:
Right, but if you do, go against the consensus of the market, because 2 out of 3 times the market is wrong. Like today when the market expected a very good GDP number, 5.8, but it was "only" 5.3. ;)

PS. GBP/JPY now down 120 pips..!

Point taken Baruch, in fact, in hindsight it WAS stupid. I mean, there I go pyramiding down, for a "sell the rumour, buy the news", and instead of reversing to buy, I sell. Guess the monkey on my shoulder farted into my brain. :LOL:

Anyway, regarding the 20pip stoploss, I have no fixed rules for it, just use gutfeel.