Best Thread Live Cable Trading

it was more this...'instead of this chops we are getting here. H/S on 2min, 5min and still going no where.awaiting PPI '

i work in It, i got the geek acronyms down to a tee...tbh ^^

Acronyms. We once had an IBM engineer in to take a look at our faulty mainframe. After a few dozen tests he announced he would have to replace what he believed was a faulty IAMD. A faulty IMAD?? We scratched our heads and thought for a bit but no, no one knew what an IAMD was so we had to ask. 'Inboard Air Movement Device' the engineer announces, like we should have known. It takes IBM to come with an acronym with more letters than the origional word, a FAN.

pboi said:
it was more this...'instead of this chops we are getting here. H/S on 2min, 5min and still going no where.awaiting PPI '

i work in It, i got the geek acronyms down to a tee...tbh ^^

H/S = head & shoulders.

PPI = Prodcer Price Index. US econ data effectively showing inflation for companies.

G-Man

Here we go then.... good luck all.

Edit :- Up 0.4% Excluding Food etc.... Good for rates.

Edit2:- Biggest rise in a year. Where is Baruch ?

eatontrade said:
What a nightmate mkt this is today. cant trade the range, cant trade the breakouts. Might go to the pub !
It's none to manageable for sure.

Managed a +17 on the earlier rise (09:40) and made a net -15 on my pos that was stopped out at 360.

Am Long on a break above 360.

Guys..Im short from 366 looking for 286, but wondering why so many of you are trying to go long??? AM I missing something??

zuke said:
Guys..Im short from 366 looking for 286, but wondering why so many of you are trying to go long??? AM I missing something??[/QUOTE

do a fibonacci from yesterday's low to last night's high (in the 15, 30 and or 60 min) chart. then look at the triangle Bramble called yesterday. I think the triangle was not completed until 7404, instead of where Bramble called it. I dont know it, so I papertraded instead. I expect 704 to be taken in the next 30-50 minutes.

Last edited:
What will be the pip value for GBP/JPY on a regular lot (100,000)?

Thanks in advance,

Tzachi.

Found the answer.

Last edited:
zuke said:
Guys..Im short from 366 looking for 286, but wondering why so many of you are trying to go long??? AM I missing something??

You could be right that's why I've a SAR order at 06, target 250 region.

jacinto said:
do a fibonacci from yesterday's low to last night's high (in the 15, 30 and or 60 min) chart. then look at the triangle Bramble called yesterday. I think the triangle was not completed until 7404, instead of where Bramble called it. I dont know it, so I papertraded instead. I expect 704 to be taken in the next 30-50 minutes.
Not sure what you mean jacinto.

The Triangle (at least, the one I was hallucinating and the one I was trading in reality) got triggered Long at around 19:40 at the 7356 level. I can't see ANY Triangle anywhere near the 7404 level.

And your Fib calc - what are you suggesting? The Fib618 on yesterday's Low to High yields 103 pips. And taking that on a Short from yesterday's high will bring you to the 7342 level which has been hit a couple of times as today's low. But what's your point?

Bramble, my point is that the triangle will be triggered long at 7404. again, I don't know it, just trying to learn it, hence paper.