Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Me.... but dam close to a reverse .... expect it to go soon.

And out at 96....... -40 today. And a big fat nil points for the week. Bollox.

Nice weekend all. Off to bang the cat and kick the missus.

I moved over to the DAX for the past two days and have got on rather better than I was doing with Cable.

JonnyT

Who can figure it some weeks!

I've had a good one, just done the figures and 163 pips on cable and 42 on EUR.

Mainly been trading retracements on the 5 min while deciding direction based on 48 hour pivots.

Also spent a fair part of the week laughing outloud at the 7th signal trader (has this guy got a case of the verbals or what!).

Have a good weekend all.

Ripcord said:
Who can figure it some weeks!

I've had a good one, just done the figures and 163 pips on cable and 42 on EUR.

Mainly been trading retracements on the 5 min while deciding direction based on 48 hour pivots.

Also spent a fair part of the week laughing outloud at the 7th signal trader (has this guy got a case of the verbals or what!).

Have a good weekend all.

that is quite good considering. One thing I did learn is never say it is late in the day after waiting all afternoon yesterday what time did the move start and finish!

Have a good weekend

Hi JT
Well Florida maybe warm at the moment but good ole Manchester is where the action is so the wife tells me anyway.

Good to see that the 400 pip ‘measured move’ anticipated from 8th Feb, based on the upper triangle height has played out to target –

Now cable is testing a breakout from the recently formed 290 high lower triangle, which suggests a move up to the 1.7720 area may be on the cards.

The dollar index has filled its new years gap now and looks to be ready for a retracement…the strong dollar/ongoing interest rate hike story seems to be wearing a bit thin….. ;)

Attachments

• 17-02-06.gif
    17-02-06.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 17-02-06a.gif
    17-02-06a.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 133
This is an interesting thread. Although I don't trade cable (since I am a professional equities trader), I always enjoy reading about areas outside of my own expertise. Well done and keep it up.

trendie said:
hans123 appears to be taking a battering.

the AM trade got reversed out. ( got triggered long, then short, then out )
the PM trade got reversed out as well. ( having triggered short )

Sure was... but yet again you note he's up on the month still....

The results of 02/17:

EUR/USD:
short at 1.1867, stopped out by SL, result -28 pips
long at 1.1895, stopped out by moved SL, result 0 pips
long at 1.1893, stopped out by moved SL, result 0 pips

GBP/USD:
long at 1.7376, stopped out by SL, result -34 pips
short at 1.7342, stopped out by SL, result -34 pips
short at 1.7334, stopped out by SL, result -55 pips
long at 1.7389, stopped out by SL, result +31 pips

Total for the day: -120 pips
Total for this month: +153 pips

Hans

neil said:
anyone come across www.easy2forex.com ?

I got the site from page 17 of todays "The Business" Sunday newspaper

SB Contingent orders! wahoooooo!.. doesnt look like they are 24hr though... wahhhhhhh! :(

comon cmc..sort out some contingent orders plz!!!

edit:- hmmm guaranteed stops!! tick tick tick

Monday, February 20th 2006

Daily is down. But possibly at the bottom of a symmetrical triangle.

Hourly is down. But possibly at the top of a symmetrical triangle.

5min is ploughing a steady path along the 440/447 tramline.

Outer range limits (for me) today are 7408 and 7479. I'll be range playing within these levels and BO on confirmed action (either tick pressure or re-test).

The 'danger' of 'seeing' triangles or any other formation where none really exist is really one of the arts of TA. Not 'seeing' them in the first place - but letting them go once you have in order to allow only the price and time (ah volume, wherefore art thou volume?) make their impression upon you.

Otherwise, in this instance, I'd have a Bullish outlook overall for the trading day (to 21:00 GMT) and a Bearish outlook for the next few hours. Which may well be spot on (no pun intended), or not. But 'knowing' it is one thing - trading it quite another.

Good trading.

Last edited:
Come on JT, can't deny me a bit of opportunistic advertising revenue can you?

(Cheque to normal address please)

Banking on spike to 461 as having sucked in the range traders, stops probably hit for most of them, so bias to the downside now.

Short at 35

Kaffee said:
Banking on spike to 461 as having sucked in the range traders, stops probably hit for most of them, so bias to the downside now.

Short at 35

Out at 17

will this afternoon be weak with regards to trends / volatility, due to it being Presidents Day in the US ?