Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Most of the long term sucessful mechanical systems I have seen the stats for have win ratio's < 40%

JonnyT

Last edited:
JonnyT said:
Most of the long term sucessful mechanical systems I have seem the stats for have win ratio's < 40%

JonnyT

Ergo (one I got from my latest library book) the win value has to be greater than 2 x loss. Interesting.

For me its all about limiting risk and protecting capital as early as possible.

No trade so far absolutely nothing on offer as yet, I have a long signal but not from this level

dc2000 said:
No trade so far absolutely nothing on offer as yet, I have a long signal but not from this level
Doent that mean you expect it to go lower from here first - hence we are in agreement ;)

The market is sideways at the moment so awaiting real signal. The market is still short from yesterday as it was unable to mount previous support @78 which seems to be resistance now. But longs are being generated on my system.... So will need strong confirmation.

News out in 6mins and Bernake speaking today at 3

Forgot to add BOE Mins @ 10:30

Last edited:
yes we are

Right now Im watching the 315 level if it hits in the next half hour I will take a small position if not then I will recalc target level

Eur/Gbp at tech level
then wham
it was the euro/gbp that caused cable to move
If u look at 10 5 3 year chart a nd draw your trend lines you will find that matters are coming to a head on Eur/Gbp
The bounces from and to the ;lines are increasing in frequency as the lines converge

Very quiet on the market. Still, it could be worse. At least we had a reasonable flutter with the BoE. I used to play the DOW and hated days like this, the range is so tight it hardly covers the spread.

See how it develops in relation to the 7386 level.

A bounce up off and above 7406 and a Long could be considered. Personally, I can't see too much for the upside. But I'm still learning the ropes. (Cable - Ropes - geddit?)

Break down and re-test of 7386 could be a setup for an initial target of around 7356. Then possibly on to the a staging post at 349/54 and if feeling really miserable, all the way down to 317...or beyond.