Best Thread Live Cable Trading

now favouring the short side for this afternoon's trades.. gave back a fair whack of yesterday's trades this morn, but gaining momentum the right way again..

FC

moved my stop to break even and closed 3partsleaving the last 1 to run. See where it goes. Still looking short but.. had to try the long

just stopped out be good and stay on the short side ;)

Any recommendations for simple charts?? I use the D4F ones and the candlesticks are awful. It never opens a candle at the close of the previous one so the candles are always wrong, sometimes even the wrong colour as a result.

the selling has stopped for now. painting a morning star on the 30mins. I missed the re-entry as I just stepped out will be looking for anther entry if the trend "has changed"

coolTrader said:
the selling has stopped for now. painting a morning star on the 30mins. I missed the re-entry as I just stepped out will be looking for anther entry if the trend "has changed"

Isn't the body a bit big for a star ?

Edit: It was bigger when I typed that !!

Actually, that chart doesn't look any better. They all seem to do the same thing which is make the entry point of a candle the first movement within that time period instead of making the entry point the close of the previous candle.

Kaffee said:
Isn't the body a bit big for a star ?

Does it really matter ? I always just use the combination be it a doji, hammer ...The last 30mins is an engulfing. it looks like they stopped the selling for now. On the 1hr it is an harami. Basically the bulls are there.

Uphios said:
Actually, that chart doesn't look any better. They all seem to do the same thing which is make the entry point of a candle the first movement within that time period instead of making the entry point the close of the previous candle.

I think that is the standard method - hence you get gaps

Only to me I guess coolTrader. But take a doji for instance where the exit needs to be near identical to the entry. A true doji will never be shown if the chart records the first movement as if it were the entry point. Where you see a doji on the chart it should actually show potentially more like a hammer.

Uphios said:
Only to me I guess coolTrader. But take a doji for instance where the exit needs to be near identical to the entry. A true doji will never be shown if the chart records the first movement as if it were the entry point. Where you see a doji on the chart it should actually show potentially more like a hammer.

I am not quite l clear with your statement but.. The doji has different variations dragon fly, grave stone, the standard doji star( open and close the same) . A hammer is totally different where the proportion of the shadow is 2times the body.

I have read the postings with interest on this board. I am not a trader - yet but have spent the last ten years working on the maths behind market movements. Because of the workload I have taken the last 18 months of work and worked 100+ hours per week during this period.

I have a few observations,

I haven't looked at any of the systems this group is using but I suspect that they will suffer from inversion namely there will be periods of time, apparently random during which they will be consistently wrong. These periods are what destroy many a trading system. This is classically portrayed as chaotic behaviour.

Trading by the successfully using the market moving news is effectively impossible for numerous reasons. It may be possible to beat the market for periods of time but in the long run you cannot out perform the market. If it was possible the super intelligent analysis’s you see on CNBC would be sitting on their own Yacht in Monaco harbour. To trade to the point of becoming rich using market news would require luck akin to winning the lottery.

After ten years I now have the capability to predict market movements with relentless accuracy over any time frame. From minute by minute to yearly.

The reason for my post is this I do not currently have the ‘trader skill set’ I am therefore looking for mentoring from successful traders who know what they are talking about and use professional data. In exchange I will post the buy and sell points as indicated by my workstation. I am not willing to tell you how it is done but would be interested in working with traders who prove their worth away from this board. I really need the discipline of working with other traders to learn my stuff.

The system is not infallible but does not suffer from inversion as it is polymorphic in nature and adapts immediately to a wrong call. It picks the absolute tops and bottoms with frightening accuracy as you can see from previous two posts. The system works on any market I have picked GBPUSD due to its high liquidity so I am new to Forex trading.

The system is particularly effective when range bound but can have problems once a super trend has developed so I would be particularly interested in hearing from momentum traders also I would like constructive feedback on wrong calls.

For your information the GBPUSD will remain week this month as there is huge downward pressure and may even break 1.7100 but it will strengthen in March and will end the quarter stronger. It predicted December UP, Jan UP, Feb Down.

Is anyone interested? – If so we will need to devise a detailed and structured plan for trading e.g. hours of work. I will also post predictions to in effect show you the money. If no-one is interested I will not bother this board again.

trendie said:
paper long at 1.7465. 2lots.
( LBR 7,10,4 on 15-mins turning up at extreme, and 7,10,4 on 60-mins still Up )

SL = ??
Target 1: 1.7500.
Traget 2: trend

EDIT: just noticed it gapped down.
SL=100 pips ( 2 x 50 )

seems to be turning down.
set SL to 740. ( last low plus 5 wiggle ).
reason: if it is going to post a higher low and continue up, then good.
but if it posts this high, and then falls, ( towards a lower-low ) then the trend is down, and I want to be out.
so risk has changed to 50 pips,. ( 2 lots of 25 )

Baz150 said:
I have read the postings with interest on this board. I am not a trader - yet but have spent the last ten years working on the maths behind market movements. Because of the workload I have taken the last 18 months of work and worked 100+ hours per week during this period.

I have a few observations,

I haven't looked at any of the systems this group is using but I suspect that they will suffer from inversion namely there will be periods of time, apparently random during which they will be consistently wrong. These periods are what destroy many a trading system. This is classically portrayed as chaotic behaviour.

Trading by the successfully using the market moving news is effectively impossible for numerous reasons. It may be possible to beat the market for periods of time but in the long run you cannot out perform the market. If it was possible the super intelligent analysis’s you see on CNBC would be sitting on their own Yacht in Monaco harbour. To trade to the point of becoming rich using market news would require luck akin to winning the lottery.

After ten years I now have the capability to predict market movements with relentless accuracy over any time frame. From minute by minute to yearly.

The reason for my post is this I do not currently have the ‘trader skill set’ I am therefore looking for mentoring from successful traders who know what they are talking about and use professional data. In exchange I will post the buy and sell points as indicated by my workstation. I am not willing to tell you how it is done but would be interested in working with traders who prove their worth away from this board. I really need the discipline of working with other traders to learn my stuff.

The system is not infallible but does not suffer from inversion as it is polymorphic in nature and adapts immediately to a wrong call. It picks the absolute tops and bottoms with frightening accuracy as you can see from previous two posts. The system works on any market I have picked GBPUSD due to its high liquidity so I am new to Forex trading.

The system is particularly effective when range bound but can have problems once a super trend has developed so I would be particularly interested in hearing from momentum traders also I would like constructive feedback on wrong calls.

For your information the GBPUSD will remain week this month as there is huge downward pressure and may even break 1.7100 but it will strengthen in March and will end the quarter stronger. It predicted December UP, Jan UP, Feb Down.

Is anyone interested? – If so we will need to devise a detailed and structured plan for trading e.g. hours of work. I will also post predictions to in effect show you the money. If no-one is interested I will not bother this board again.

With all due respect.... if your system tells you when to buy, when to sell, when to go for a cup of tea et al..... you really don't need any more help than that.

It's just a case of entering the stake, and hitting the buy or sell button......

Baz150 said:
I

Why don't open a demo account somewhere and do your testing. Or give us your winning formula or better still post live calls here if we see you are making us money you've got our attention. ;)

hi Baz150,

feel free to post your forecasts ( I would refrain from using the word prediction, a fair few get in a tizzy about this )

a: you say it works in all time-frames; which time-frmes would generate, say a swing-trading style of trading, ie; one trade over 2-3 days ( the range would be enough to capture many points, rather than daily scalping )

b: is polymorphing the same as neural-net ?

c: if you can detect the tops and bottoms with amazing accuracy, surely the stop-loss can be incredibly tight ?

d: if you could trade with real money, at £1 a pip, with a trade alsting a couple of days, with a starter account of £1,000 at CMC, you would know with rapid certainty if you could trade

e: already mentioned; if the system generates accurate calls, then the trader-skill-set would be almost irrelevant. The only reason we need trader-skills, is to assess the probabaility of events, and determine when we are wrong, so as to bail out.
If you can pick tops and bottoms, where is the problem ?

f: in back-tests, what is the ratio of wins to losses.

g: if you could forecast tops and bottoms, you probably wouldnt need a trailing stop, as you would know what to target ?

h: does you system identify the "time" of the tops and bottoms, as per Market Matrix ?

meantime, please post forecasts. maybe, this in itself, ( forward testing ) may give you the confidence yo feel you lack.

CoolTrader. I think Eatontrade is correct in that what I see (and complain about) is the standard way of doing it. I guess I am confussed in considering should you play what is shown or what it should be. Take your example. If a period closes at say 20. The next movement is plus four so the candle starts at 24. During the period it rises to 32 but falls back and ends the period at 21. Currently the chart will show that candle as a red inverted hammer, which I think should be green (it was never lower than the previous candles exit). Take the same candle but this time it rises to 32 then back to 16 and closes at 24, a long legged doji. Had the entry been 'correctly' recorded it would have been, I don't know, but would have had a green body 4 in length.

Anyway, not to labour the point, if this is the way it's recorded then I will stop moaning about D4F and work with it.

Thanks for your help.