Best Thread Live Cable Trading

can i ask why everyone is so fussed with the Big Baruch...

it is patently obvious that he doesnt trade, and yet has required Ripcord to actually post the further inconsistencies in The Danish Disaster's "system" before people start taking note..

i know i suffer from verbal diarrhoea, but at least i try to offer something constructive. and for someone who has allegedly been trading for years (judging by his membership on various boards) for Baruch to ask what time the Asian session runs from basically sums it all up.

i do strongly urge you not to be misled by the lure of his supposed method....

anyone dare ask him how he successfully trades the news?

come on B, show us how you extract 100 pips a day trading the news.....( i can post links to other boards where you claim this)

or more importantly, how, for example, the other day "Big Baruch was good for 30 pips" and yet yesterday it was also good for 150 pips.. err, how do you manage to extract the precise top or bottom of a move, and yet struggle to pin down a decent entry point...? odd eh?

if anyone is in any doubt, have a look at the Hilda Thread on here...

or the threads on Fx Review,

or Elite Trader

or Moneytec...

or countless others...

[/rant]

FC

Guys,

The purpose of this thread is surely to constructively criticise and HELP other traders. I see no great point in trying to humiliate others. Does it really matter if people paper trade or not? Baruch has a method that he says works, fine. We have pointed out inconsistencies and he's answered. If you dont beleive him then thats fine. This thread shouldnt be an ego trip for people who are more experienced or make better calls than others. If you look back thoguh this thread, you'll see that those of us that have made live calls have done well and badly (some more than others).

Lets try and get back to what this thread is supposed to be about and that shouldn't be denigrate other traders imo.

zuke said:
Guys,

The purpose of this thread is surely to constructively criticise and HELP other traders. I see no great point in trying to humiliate others. Does it really matter if people paper trade or not? Baruch has a method that he says works, fine. We have pointed out inconsistencies and he's answered. If you dont beleive him then thats fine. This thread shouldnt be an ego trip for people who are more experienced or make better calls than others. If you look back thoguh this thread, you'll see that those of us that have made live calls have done well and badly (some more than others).

Lets try and get back to what this thread is supposed to be about and that shouldn't be denigrate other traders imo.

Zuke, i know precisely where you are coming from.. and i agree..

but we cannot help without knowing where and why he enters a trade.. we have all been through the rinser at one point or another and can therefore empathise and offer suggestions... and the way i personally have just about got through it has been by offering entries, and the rationale behind them, supported by charts.. and i am more than happy for people to offer constructive criticism..

FetteredChinos said:

but we cannot help without knowing where and why he enters a trade.. we have all been through the rinser at one point or another and can therefore empathise and offer suggestions... and the way i personally have just about got through it has been by offering entries, and the rationale behind them, supported by charts.. and i am more than happy for people to offer constructive criticism..

Thats true..I also would like to see people coming back to note when the trade flops. I have posted some real howlers on here, but never have a problem coming back to say that they havent worked. It's the only way that I'll improve imo.

FetteredChinos said:

Couldnt agree more FC. I have no desire to humiliate anyone, I gave too many thousands of pounds to the market over years before I turned it around and no longer have the ego that needs to be flattered when I get it right.

However we have all read posts by various traders who praise their own trading when it goes well and offer new reasons why they didn't take a trade when it goes against them. I feel it is misleading.

You either have a system which makes big pips, has a 50/50 strike rate and cuts losses at reasonable levels or you go for high strike rate and small pips (which is my preferred method).

And if anyone can pick the top or bottom for the day as some alude to, then I hold my hands and wallet up, I'll give you a grand a week for that little gem!

zuke said:
Thats true..I also would like to see people coming back to note when the trade flops. I have posted some real howlers on here, but never have a problem coming back to say that they havent worked. It's the only way that I'll improve imo.

I would rather read why people got in/out of their position. I have been trading for several years now and always on gut feel. Got in at the wrong times, out at the wrong times (closed yesterdays long for 12 point loss on cable at 1.7435!!!) but overall managed to make a profit. I would really really like to have more discipline on entry and exit, money management I have already had to learn.

FetteredChinos said:

So you call your personal attack on me for "constructive criticism"?! But OK, if you don't like to debate Big Ben (or my variant Big Baruch) or Hans123 or news trading I will stop writing about those methods, and instead I will just follow all your excellent calls here instead. Come on, Chinos :cheesy:

Last edited:
well i am currently biased long, but trading using digital options...

for reasons that i have expounded on other threads..

namely, that i had trouble adherring to stops ( i was always tempted to move them)

by trading using these options, that problem is automatically taken out of my hands..as once one is purchased, you can only sell it back early, which if anything is the equivalent of tightening the stops.

there you go, a constructive solution for people to consider, should they be having the same problem...

and as for "writing about those methods".... please expound on the precise rules of your systems, as far as you are willing to disclose them.. then others may be able to offer modifications to your methods...

eg, when trading breakouts on say, an opening range basis, then it makes sense not to trade long into resistance, or short into support, as the risk of failure is higher..

as for my methods, im trialling a new method:-

currently i simply eyeball a chart, work out which way it is going, and then if the ADX (the only indicator i really use) is above 20 (ie trending reasonably strongly) then i place a trade in the direction of the trade for a few hours..

since the start of feb, i have made 124 trades, and 64% of those have been successful....

you can see my demo account being tracked on here, if you so wish...

http://www.finbetting.com/modules/contest/index.php?real=0

another couple of weeks and i may go live with this new simplified system...(another one to add to the bow)

FC

And if anyone can pick the top or bottom for the day as some alude to, then I hold my hands and wallet up, I'll give you a grand a week for that little gem!

Oohh can I have a go 526 to 407 but then I could be a little dizzy after yesterdays trade gave me a slap, Ouch!! still smarts a little

I will just follow all your excellent calls here instead. Come on, Chinos

Are you throwing down the gauntlet Big B ?
Dig a hole baby you may need to run for cover

The Grand challenge. OK. A weak retest of yesterdays low easily repelled around 7430, high of the day already in. Closing at 10pm GMT around 7488. Outlook, rising into Thursday, no target yet damn it.

FetteredChinos said:
right stopped out...-96 (sheesh)

Fc

Chinos,

Maybe you should work a litte bit more on your system? Seems to me you have a little problem with your stops..? :cheesy:

Baruch said:
Chinos,

Maybe you should work a litte bit more on your system? Seems to me you have a little problem with your stops..? :cheesy:

erm, why? 100 pips is relative to the profits i shoot for (150+)

and the fact i stuck to my stop in my mind makes that a successful trade..

when trading reversals counter-trend, you need wider stops than when trend following, but correspondingly your win rate is higher..

Uphios said:
The Grand challenge. OK. A weak retest of yesterdays low easily repelled around 7430, high of the day already in. Closing at 10pm GMT around 7488. Outlook, rising into Thursday, no target yet damn it.

you are biased to the short-side today ?

trendie said:
you are biased to the short-side today ?

Only on paper. I will enter a short if we get 1.75xx with a stop at 1.7520. But I usually never trade against my longer term outlook direction which is long so if we do not get back above 1.75xx I will wait to enter long around 1.7430ish.

dc2000 said:
Oohh can I have a go 526 to 407 but then I could be a little dizzy after yesterdays trade gave me a slap, Ouch!! still smarts a little

Are you throwing down the gauntlet Big B ?
Dig a hole baby you may need to run for cover

DC..we got spanked yesterday didnt we??? I gave up for the day after that -40 as its my dailt pip loss limit. Still not as bad as my -100 Light Crude debacle :eek:

paper long at 1.7465. 2lots.
( LBR 7,10,4 on 15-mins turning up at extreme, and 7,10,4 on 60-mins still Up )

SL = ??
Target 1: 1.7500.
Traget 2: trend

EDIT: just noticed it gapped down.
SL=100 pips ( 2 x 50 )

I call your SL 50 pips Trendie. Number of lots is a function of how much you can afford but 50 pips is 50 pips.

Just wanted to clarify so that I don't confuse somebody later.

Sure did Zuke, the worst was I missed an exit at 41 when I went to make a coffee, ah well hopefully will get some today

long @56 waiting to see if this will play out. It has been a loong day considering I did not get up till almost 9.hope it plays out..

sl @46 looks like it mghy get knocked out as I am playing against the trend.