It is all a Fugazsy

10 trades only one losing trade, I think that is not bad, but is better not being very much attached to it, bad times will come and a good traders should not be susceptible to trade outcomes.

and here we go.....lost all my profit made in the last two days, I think the fomc had something to do with it, acted a bit like Freaky Friday....swang up and down to collect stops........

Initially I missed the great move of sterling ( GA and EG) then I shorted the top of EA and UJ which were in a strong trend and the fomc did the rest.

6 Trades, one small win a BE and 4 losses.

My losses are not bigger than my wins but are bigger than the majority of my wins, I have an high percentage of winning trades but when I lose one it take out two of my averages of my winners, some days at least a couple times a week I have good trades which makes between 3-4 times my risk...

I need to make some adjustments, maybe have less winning trades but when I lose I lose less... all well here.

Last edited:
Hi Fugazy,
Of course you know that the losses have got to get cut and let profits run.
With gaps/spikes etc not always possible but on the winning trades perhaps you can let part stakes on in profit and make trailing stops.
Very honest post from you.
I am trading many years but with scalping I am learning and I would like to think I have a 80%+ rate and my losses are never more than an average gain. (unless exceptional times).
I also very fast add to trades at varying amounts and scale back out again, all in very short time frames.
What is great about trading is we can all have a different approach and still make money. The key is as always, discipline.
GL for the rest of the week.

Hi Fugazy,
Of course you know that the losses have got to get cut and let profits run.
With gaps/spikes etc not always possible but on the winning trades perhaps you can let part stakes on in profit and make trailing stops.
Very honest post from you.
I am trading many years but with scalping I am learning and I would like to think I have a 80%+ rate and my losses are never more than an average gain. (unless exceptional times).
I also very fast add to trades at varying amounts and scale back out again, all in very short time frames.
What is great about trading is we can all have a different approach and still make money. The key is as always, discipline.
GL for the rest of the week.

Nick

Thank you for your post, make sense to me.
GL to you as well.

first scalp of the day, did not get to my TP of around 10 pips:cry: , I bailed for +3.3, my initial risk was 2.2 then trailed to BE

Attachments

• scalp 1.png
    scalp 1.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
EA made 22, I know I closed too early but my risk was 5 and I thought I could go back in...

Attachments

• EA.png
    EA.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
GCHF +22, my risk was 20

made a bit more than 3% no losing trades today, lucky man, normally on 3 trades I have one loss.

Attachments

• GCHF.png
    GCHF.png
    22 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
took 31 pips out of this lady risking 10 and .5%

I saw that doji bar at the top and I took my chance, I had a decent day and I felt I could push a bit more which I did and left there while sleeping.

I guess the fortune favours some....

Attachments

• eu.png
    eu.png
    58 KB · Views: 90
7 trades one loss with -5 and biggest win was 30 pips, made 119 pips.

Not partial profit were taken with the above trades. I rarely do, I am either right or wrong, I think taken partial profit on a trade that is working is poor money management and showing not trust in your studies.

When a trade is not showing what I want to see I then start to take some off to minimise my risk.

7 trades one loss with -5 and biggest win was 30 pips, made 119 pips.

Not partial profit were taken with the above trades. I rarely do, I am either right or wrong, I think taken partial profit on a trade that is working is poor money management and showing not trust in your studies.

When a trade is not showing what I want to see I then start to take some off to minimise my risk.

I could also have shown a statement where I could have taken numerous partial profit for each trade (without showing) and in that case the number of pips showing would be around 1000 pips. But to be honest I do not see the reason for that.

Fug