Is Trade2win as lifeless as it seems to me?

Is Trade2win as lifeless as it seems?

• Yes, activity has definitely declined.

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Maybe, I’m not here often enough to notice.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • No, it is as active as it has always been.

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Finally, trading is always so personnel I don't see any value in following any persons call on any instrument. There are also 000s of sites offering buy and sell signals for a fee or for free.

Neither do i , just was making a comparison from a professional and trading perspective re the quality of the material and its usefulness ....

Neither do i , just was making a comparison from a professional and trading perspective re the quality of the material and its usefulness ....

Talking of quality and usefulness.
Would it be possible to have a spreadbet page of major currencies/time for the day, which people could add to during the day, just up or down. This could be summed up to see how the traders are doing. I don't know if it could be restricted to positive people only by a password, to stop trolls wrecking it with rubbish calls.

Depends on Steve ? and others if they would be interested.

I like T2W because of all the interesting people I get to meet here and content of the site. The other sites are very dry and sterile. T2W has real character that's difficult to describe but I would NOT call it the zoo. On the contrary the mods do a good job preventing it from turning into one. I always fine Hare's comments to be soooo depressing I think the mods deserve a medal for coping with him.

What I look out for is a feel and perspective on news. Get lots of it here.
[/url]

I agree that t2w does have a certain character, and I won't argue that a lot of the historical content from 5 or 6 years ago is very good indeed.

The mods are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place (probably no different to most forums), in terms of keeping the peace etc, they do a great job. I don't know why the mods tolerate me, I've posted absolutely nothing of value for years :LOL:

I am surprised you find a useful perspective on news, but if you genuinely do, then its something that t2w should encourage and consider developing. I'm a technical trader, and I tend to avoid looking at these things, so maybe I'm avoiding these kind of posts, but it would do no harm to point out a few examples of the kind of threads or posts that you are referring too.

Would it be possible to have a spreadbet page of major currencies/time for the day, which people could add to during the day, just up or down. This could be summed up to see how the traders are doing. I don't know if it could be restricted to positive people only by a password, to stop trolls wrecking it with rubbish calls.

Good idea Pat, you could always take it to a private members area, invitation only like (i think robster ) has, Anybody trolling can view the threads but can't comment.

A couple of t2w's competitors have similar features to track sentiment, that allow members to pick an instrument, direction and a timeframe, rather than specific trade calls. A few of the forex brokers publish various analytics (Oanda have some interesting, although mainly useless data)

I won't provide the link, but its shouldn't take much finding.

What's really needed is some quantitative method of identifying who has a reasonable track record in making these calls, otherwise, it kind of averages out into a blurry mess.

There is probably 6 sites I visit regularly and that's my routine. T2W is one of them.

There are probably another dozen sites or so I visit irregularly and they happen to be various other news and interest sites etc.

I(y)

I visit just 3 mainly - T2W,ET ( US orientated)and FF ( European orientated). I suppose the Asian sites are in the local languages ?
which are yours - maybe I need to get around more ? Especially weekends !!

I agree that t2w does have a certain character, and I won't argue that a lot of the historical content from 5 or 6 years ago is very good indeed.

The mods are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place (probably no different to most forums), in terms of keeping the peace etc, they do a great job. I don't know why the mods tolerate me, I've posted absolutely nothing of value for years :LOL:

I am surprised you find a useful perspective on news, but if you genuinely do, then its something that t2w should encourage and consider developing. I'm a technical trader, and I tend to avoid looking at these things, so maybe I'm avoiding these kind of posts, but it would do no harm to point out a few examples of the kind of threads or posts that you are referring too.

I think Hare, the reason what you say hurts is probably because it has some truth in it. I'm always wondering why I follow your posts too. :rolleyes: (y)

I used to be a FA trader and swung to TA. However, more recently I am moving to a new level that there are three parts to my trading decision in order of priority.

1. TA
2. News
3. FA

Having spent quite a bit of time debating on many blogs the power of either over the others - I now think all three have valid aspects in determining price movement. Best to keep an ear and an eye out for all three.

A couple of t2w's competitors have similar features to track sentiment, that allow members to pick an instrument, direction and a timeframe, rather than specific trade calls. A few of the forex brokers publish various analytics (Oanda have some interesting, although mainly useless data)

I won't provide the link, but its shouldn't take much finding.

What's really needed is some quantitative method of identifying who has a reasonable track record in making these calls, otherwise, it kind of averages out into a blurry mess.

Now that's a valid point:clap:
Are you watching Steve ?
should do

Now that's a valid point:clap:
Are you watching Steve ?
should do

Yes Pat, I certainly am. I'll be replying to all the recent posts on this subject later on this evening once I'm back at base. Thanks to everyone for all the interesting perspectives this far. More later.

Steve

well quite. considering the vast majority of traders loose then the value of knowing how they are positioned is sweet fa. unless of course you are a broker :LOL::LOL:

T2W is now infested with posters ? who manage to reply to new and old posts in such a short space of time one wonders how they manage to compose their material so quickly.
Seriously though - the running order of threads are disrupted by these people/Bots? who append replies to numerous posts (even those several years old) within a short space of time. It's getting to be a chore to sift through the detrious of these posters to reach current and informative posts.(n)

Come on T2W -shape up and sort out the site before it's dominated by bots and idiots posting banal statements rather than informative and educational (maybe some lultz) material.

well quite. considering the vast majority of traders loose then the value of knowing how they are positioned is sweet fa. unless of course you are a broker :LOL::LOL:

I'm not sure i entirely agree, I agree 100% that anything they come up with will be as useful as a chocolate fire guard but hypothetically its possible to be right on direction (and other stuff) but still "loose", due to a host of other factors.

Neither cablemonster nor hare can spell lose ....not loose guys. You let the horses loose in the field.

dear oh dear

T2W is now infested with posters ? who manage to reply to new and old posts in such a short space of time one wonders how they manage to compose their material so quickly.
Seriously though - the running order of threads are disrupted by these people/Bots? who append replies to numerous posts (even those several years old) within a short space of time. It's getting to be a chore to sift through the detrious of these posters to reach current and informative posts.(n)

Come on T2W -shape up and sort out the site before it's dominated by bots and idiots posting banal statements rather than informative and educational (maybe some lultz) material.

I just posted here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/174620-how-do-these-people-read-post-so-quick.html#post2140602

The problem is t2w...You guys find any obscure reason NOT to ban these guys and they keep coming back like fleas to a picnic.

Firstly, I look to see if posts contain information about trading likely to be of interest to members. The answer in these cases is yes in my view.

Jon, you really need to change your view. Except for the 1-post wonders who post to agree with the vendor/spammer, what t2w member has praised any of these guys for great post, good information, excellent idea, etc... ???????

You validated every one of Shakone's list, except 1. huh???

How or why does anyone bother to try to post in between all this cr@p or even wade through the sh1t and read anything?

/rant

Peter