Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
right i have looked at pa from EA at 11.19 am on to 30 ish where i thought it was bullish.
now that i compare the action to say the floor formed at 6.31 to 7 this morning i can see it was a poor judgement. the 6:30 floor has everything it should, the second example has none of it.
Then there is the aspect of mental freezing. unable to forget it and just move on. I think this is cos im trying to learn form it and trade it at the same time.
For anyone else experiencing alot of volatility in the learning path, i would just say that i have to accept that the market is not regular in the way i expect it to be.

also a good question. Some pa is bullsh1t and some is full of info. How do we know what pa to believe

also a good question. Some pa is bullsh1t and some is full of info. How do we know what pa to believe

Hi MM

I don't mind following a false wave ( move) or a real true wave - as long as its got at least the possibility for 10 + pips.

When you are scalping for say 1-5 pips - then its just down to timing spotting the moves within the tick to 1 min PA.

When you are swing trading for say 30 -70+ pips - you are then looking more at price structures of HH's and HL's and S& R'S and OB'S and OS's etc etc- on 15 - 30 - 60 min charts

When you are after what I am after - ideally 7 -25+ pip waves - its all down to timing again and the actual price structure every 15 -30 minutes on a 1 - 5 min chart

You have to be able to identify - are you scalping for under 7 pips - because you believe not all lined up for a larger move - OR - are you thinking every 5 pip move will become 10 pips then 25 pips then 40 pips etc etc ?

The market is so clever hiding moves and making sure every say 10 pip move might pullback 4 -8 pips and every 30 pip move might pullback 10 -20 pips.

Its just not wanting you to make money.

The way round for intraday trading is a choice of 2 main ways

Tight stops - and take what you can get whether 4 -9 - 15 + pips and then know every 15 -30 mins you will look for another trade - OR

Larger stops - 15 -35+ pips - and stay with the moves - even the pullbacks and hope you have the direction correct over 1 hr + plus

Because I have time and can spend 4 -8 hrs a day trading - i prefer tight stops and more trades - and hoping to catch the larger waves via the "free trade"

If you don't want to review say every 15 mins and work with tight stops - then its the swing alternative

I have tried both - but for me - I have had far greater success and made higher returns via scalping and working with as tight a stop as I can

When I wrong by even 3 pip - I want out - not waiting for 15 -30 pips to tell me with then 1 hr lost ;-))

As you know to become good at scalping ( and you are getting there) it takes time study and experience - every 100 trades you should see improvements and then after 2k trades - you will be saying - I can read price and be correct at least 70+ % of the time. You will never be 100% - (as we know) but - you can make some great money if you are correct over 70% of the time with tight stops :):)

Regards

F

PS - think - great morning - then overtrading and lapse of tight stops

Last edited:
yes ty,
this
The way round for intraday trading is a choice of 2 main ways

Tight stops - and take what you can get whether 4 -9 - 15 + pips and then know every 15 -30 mins you will look for another trade - OR

Larger stops - 15 -35+ pips - and stay with the moves - even the pullbacks and hope you have the direction correct over 1 hr + plus
made me realize i am simply losing sight of the scale of things,
am ready to try again tomorrow.

not seen this before

Attachments

• 2gap.png
    2gap.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 98
Freaky Friday 7th January 2014 - NFP day

Morning Traders

Its the start of the European Session on "Freaky Friday"

Quick review and update on currency pairs I hope to be trading today -

EU - after yesterday's run up to the 3617- 20 area - we have had a pullback down to 3585 support area. Currently scalp bearish under 3590 - but would need to breach under 83 and 78 for a try lower again

UChf - fell yesterday to 8970 area and as since pulled back up to 9010 area after a previous high yesterday of 9065.

Currently scalp bullish above 9006 and I am already up 5 pips - so will take all off for the hr change

GU- price at 6332 and more pound news at 9.30 am. More scalp bullish above 6325 area

More to follow and even though I will take all of the scalp buy off the Swissy - its still got more up scalp legs in it above 9010

More to follow

Have a good day - and be careful at NFP time :)

EJ - Price at 138 83. In an up bullish channel above 138 70 . Although it could pullback - i would only hold scalp sells on under 66 and 61/

Need above 138 93 and 97 to hold or take more scalp buys

AU and EA

AU made 8978 and fell back down with more news to 8922. Now at 8948 area - midway in its range and currently a scalp sell under 50 but needing under 42 to hold it on longer.

scalp buys again above 53 and 56.

EA - opposite normally price at 5185 - scalp buy above 78 - but needs 92 and 96 to hold on longer

Scalp sells under 77 and 74.

GM Forexmospherian and all!

yes today NFP, I will take a nap now and will be back around news, thats for me after dinner.

then normal it is the best day at the week for me :)

hope all we have a good run today

fx

GM Forexmospherian and all!

yes today NFP, I will take a nap now and will be back around news, thats for me after dinner.

then normal it is the best day at the week for me :)

hope all we have a good run today

fx

Morning FX

Yes - lets hope we get some good action. It might be boring a few hrs before anyway - but see you later on for the fun:)

Regards

F

End of .7 30 am time window and GU is carrying on up and so far reached 6344. Most other pairs have pullbacked on their moves and although the GU is still scalp bullish above 36 - expect pullbacks but only hold any scalp sells on under 31 and 27

Above 6347 and 52 - hold scalp buys taken above 36 for 6370-80 area

AU and EA

AU made 8978 and fell back down with more news to 8922. Now at 8948 area - midway in its range and currently a scalp sell under 50 but needing under 42 to hold it on longer.

scalp buys again above 53 and 56.

EA - opposite normally price at 5185 - scalp buy above 78 - but needs 92 and 96 to hold on longer

Scalp sells under 77 and 74.

Back now - scalp buys on AU did not kick in - but the scalp sells under 77 and 74 on EA would have netted 25 -30 pips in the half hr window

Now coming up to hr time window - the EA as bounced back up from the 5140 area and the AU is testing supports at 35 -40 area

EU and EJ both fallen ( like EA ) and are now just meandering back in their fall zones

EU above 3570 scalp buys again with 56 needing to hold. Under 55 and 50 scalp sells

Gu - above 6335/6 still in a bullish mode - after not quite making 60 as a high this morning

Would not really take any more scalp sells until under 29 and 25 and even then supports up from 17 to 22 area

9 03 am - PA on many pairs not that nice this morning - yes can find scalps 1- 5 pips - but not ones I can hold longer atm - simply because PA - even on the AU is not clean - but bitty with small spike both ways

Will watch next 5 mins to see if I can spot something worth more than a scalp for now

Last edited:
Gu - above 6335/6 still in a bullish mode - after not quite making 60 as a high this morning

Would not really take any more scalp sells until under 29 and 25 and even then supports up from 17 to 22 area

Failed to be ready for a such a quick fall under 29 - it bounced at 18 and under 35 still really scalp bearish

Status
Not open for further replies.