Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm out b/e ..........a little aggressive as ususal .will go back in as soon as more certain

jeeees ..sorry all I missed the euro buys ....I again was convinced usd was going bull and didn't trade my system .............

N

jeeees ..sorry all I missed the euro buys ....I again was convinced usd was going bull and didn't trade my system .............

N

Quite a lot of new trickery going on this afternoon N

I reckon they are using this PA as a new test - I manipulation without you seeing it going on etc

The EU is carrying on up and also taking GU up - but they are in sync on PA but not really on PS for now

N

got in again but missed a lot of the pips dammitt............:rolleyes:

ok back later as need to pick up wife....its raining like hell here in south coast

I have 4 08 / 9 pm as the best sync time for moves this afternoon session

Quick look at 8 pairs and they are had the dollar weakness effect come in at this time

Time for a cup of tea and a break I reckon

Will pop in after 5 00 pm next

I hope we all got some pips this last 15 mins or so

4 40PM

Crikey - it all kicked off again after I went for a break

A lot of movement gone on

We suffered with a boring 30 - 60 mins - but after 4 00 pm it been a very busy 45 mins

Still cannot catch everything but I hope some of you guys got some more pips in your kitty

I am going to be out after 5 00 pm - but will pop back some time later on

Going to post an entry at 4 08 / 09 pm on GU - i initially though false and would only make 5 pips - but in the end it made over 27 pips - you just never know with scalps

Enjoy your weekend

All the best

F

GU - a Line up at 4 08 / 09 Key Time with levels and PA and LRs

GU

1 min LR chart blowed up to show what I see on my entries etc

194788d1437753153-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-gu-240715-409pm.png

Attachments

• GU - 240715 409PM.png
    GU - 240715 409PM.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
Hello F. et al.

I am a newcomer here and stumbled over this thread (and the other two) by accident while googling for something else. I have now spent a week or two reading through the threads and trying to paste the ideas onto the charts and understanding all the concepts. I probably don't have collected the desired 1-2 yrs of Forex trading to make use of every aspect of this method but I have been in and out of forex and CFDs etc. for many years so I figure that I have some level of experience.

Anyway I find this highly interesting and I will try to incorporate as much as possible in my own trading.

I have however a couple of questions on some things that I have not been able to understand on my own. Nothing urgent so whenever you have the time.

1) I see that your (F) target is 50 pips a day and 5 pips stops etc.. My broker reports however pips that seem to be this number multiplied by 10. I have seen mentions about 4 digit brokers and 5 digit brokers so I suspect that this is the difference here. For example I see entires at 1.55170 and 5 pips according to my broker is the difference up to 1.55175 but that seems just impossible to trade (not to mention that the spread usually covers this distance). So I think that I have this one figured out but just to make sure, can you confirm that 5 pips for you would be the difference between for example 1.5517 and 1.5522?

2) I have not found a definition of the "LitS" area. Could you please point me to somewhere where it is explained?

3) I see many mentions of two numbers. For example: "New scalp buys above 50 and 55". How do you treat this information? Would you buy on both, or buy between these numbers?

4) This question is more generic and is probably they key to all swing trading but I will ask it anyway just in case you have some magic. How would you define a bounce? Being more specific, if we have a resistance of some sort and the bar n closes slightly above the resistance. Bar n+1 retraces and closes below the resistance. In the best of worlds that would always mean a return but often the bar n+2 retests the resistance and sometimes breaks is for a new high. That means stopping out any sells after bar n+1. So what would you call a definite bounce? Is it n+1 closing below the resistance, or is it just n+1 traveling any defined distance from the resistance? I hope I make sense as it is all clear in my head :).

Many thanks in advance!
Jon

Hello F. et al.

I am a newcomer here and stumbled over this thread (and the other two) by accident while googling for something else. I have now spent a week or two reading through the threads and trying to paste the ideas onto the charts and understanding all the concepts. I probably don't have collected the desired 1-2 yrs of Forex trading to make use of every aspect of this method but I have been in and out of forex and CFDs etc. for many years so I figure that I have some level of experience.

Anyway I find this highly interesting and I will try to incorporate as much as possible in my own trading.

I have however a couple of questions on some things that I have not been able to understand on my own. Nothing urgent so whenever you have the time.

1) I see that your (F) target is 50 pips a day and 5 pips stops etc.. My broker reports however pips that seem to be this number multiplied by 10. I have seen mentions about 4 digit brokers and 5 digit brokers so I suspect that this is the difference here. For example I see entires at 1.55170 and 5 pips according to my broker is the difference up to 1.55175 but that seems just impossible to trade (not to mention that the spread usually covers this distance). So I think that I have this one figured out but just to make sure, can you confirm that 5 pips for you would be the difference between for example 1.5517 and 1.5522?

Yes - correct 5 pips would be the difference between 1 5517 and 1 5522 - normally in the thread we would just quote 5517 or 5522 and on the EU 0975 or 0980

2) I have not found a definition of the "LitS" area. Could you please point me to somewhere where it is explained?

LitS - stands for the - "Line in the Sand" area - its an area of say 10 to 30 pips normally that is the mid ground area between a session being bullish and bias - under the LitS is normally more bearish - price falls - and above the LitS price should be more bullish and rise

3) I see many mentions of two numbers. For example: "New scalp buys above 50 and 55". How do you treat this information? Would you buy on both, or buy between these numbers?

I normally quote 2 prices - can be from 3 to 10 pips away from each other to give more clarity - ie in a small rally on a scalp trade - it might make one price but if it does not make the other price - then look at exiting the scalp or scaling out etc.

Also - all our trade platform prices can be different prices at any one time - they can differ normally by 1 to 3 pips - so by mentioning 2 prices close together - then it helps take away any "grey area" with some traders saying it was 2 pips short of my entry price - whilst another trader did enter a new trade and it made him profit

4) This question is more generic and is probably they key to all swing trading but I will ask it anyway just in case you have some magic. How would you define a bounce? Being more specific, if we have a resistance of some sort and the bar n closes slightly above the resistance. Bar n+1 retraces and closes below the resistance. In the best of worlds that would always mean a return but often the bar n+2 retests the resistance and sometimes breaks is for a new high. That means stopping out any sells after bar n+1. So what would you call a definite bounce? Is it n+1 closing below the resistance, or is it just n+1 traveling any defined distance from the resistance? I hope I make sense as it is all clear in my head :).

A "bounce" for me as an intraday trader is when price as being moving say 10 or even 20 + pips in one direction down ( bearish) and then it stops and retraces back say 30% or even 50%+ of the fall and then after a bit - falls again.

If it was a bull rally with price moving up say 15 or 30 + pips in a intraday session and then it falls back - i would call it either a retrace or pullback - rather than a bounce on price falls.

Also I do compare quick price movements - say 25 pips in 3 minutes as having a "bouncy ball effect" - once price moves quickly in a direction then it can bounce back and set up a "bouncy ball" type price movement for say 5 or 10 mins etc etc

Many thanks in advance!
Jon

Hi Jon

Hope that helps and if I can assist in any way with any other queries - no problems - feel free to ask

All the best

F

Status
Not open for further replies.