Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good results , you can't argue with that.

Would love to hear your thoughts on that first trade of the day ?

Cheers.

Hi. Yes i was pleased about that trade. it was a bad entry, which went bad. i then had to go find keys to let forgetful neighbour into her house. When i got back it was in profit. I was pleased as it was a bad start but did not phase me. i went back to main picture and reevaluated, then continued to short. the time was the worst part of that trade.

My first post on here. No MM - don't know what caused that - couldn't see any news event - could be some politico spouting something - more likely a big bank move do set up accumulation second part of Asian session and Euro session with major distribution coming in US session tomorrow after FOMC.

Might be my first post but I do have thousands of hours chart time. Many thanks to OP for riding out the original negativity and sticking with this. Will endeavor to follow although knowing a bit more of Forexmospherian's chart interpretation would be helpful in order to follow along - that said I have only read (make that skimmed through) the first 200 pages and the last 100 pages.

Last edited:
Hello Peter - you mentioned that you gained a lot of knowledge from Lance Beggs - which of his methods in particular or maybe just his way of reading price action? I found him very challenging to read and ditto Al Brooks.

My first post on here. No MM - don't know what caused that - couldn't see any news event - could be some politico spouting something - more likely a big bank move do set up accumulation second part of Asian session and Euro session with major distribution coming in US session tomorrow after FOMC.

Might be my first post but I do have thousands of hours chart time. Many thanks to OP for riding out the original negativity and sticking with this. Will endeavor to follow although knowing a bit more of Forexmospherian's chart interpretation would be helpful in order to follow along - that said I have only read (make that skimmed through) the first 200 pages and the last 100 pages.

Hi Steve

Thank you for posting your first post on this thread and welcome

I am away this week and so have not been trading - but hopefully plan to be back for tomorrow - and if not will be around on Friday.

I am basically a retail scalper who's evolved into more of a short term intraday multi trader. I no longer chase just 2-5 pips all day with 5 pip stops - but try and catch longer intraday waves on the back of scalps - ie 7 -25+ pip moves all ideally under 15 or maximum 30 minutes.

I had spent time studying both Lance Beggs and Al Brooks - as I classify them as traders - not investors - and they helped me to look deeper into short term trading methods along with understanding more about the "devil is in the detail" - and that is certainly the case in the type of trading I do.

I only trade Forex - and normally stick with 4 - 6 pairs after originally spending 80%+ of my time on the EU.

I mainly use "ordnance survey" charts - ie 10 second tick and the one minute and look upon any chart above a 1 hr time frame as the "world map" - ie ideal for seeing the larger picture - but not so revelant for my type pf trading.

My daily target is 50 pips - I normally take 10 -20 trades and place not having a losing day higher than over achieving target

Some day I might do 14 trades and struggle to make 40 pips never mind 50 pips

Other days I might be on 100+ pips after just 9 trades- that is the unknown of the market action

All stops are under 7 pips max from entry - ideally 5 pips and below - and I will pull any trade at 1 pip or minus 3 pips rather than wait to be stopped out.

Most days I will have 1 - 3 bad trades - some days even 4 or 5 losers - but its all part of the game and does not normally stop me having a winning positive money day

I hope that helps you get the feel of how I trade - but you are welcome to join in when I am back and ask questions or make calls etc etc

All the best

Regards

Forexmospherian / Peter

8971 IS THE SUPPORT IE the hl that has been made. but we are now os on the lines that retraced with pa. supports at 8967, 8962

problme with swissy i think is low has held for a while so buys are on. however, until break of dy res, i cant go long
dy res at 9740

ok im reading uc as still buillish is no radical change in behaviour yet/ eu bearish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.