Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of reasons to sell EU again under 82/85 area next -

69 / 70 held for now and low we need to break next at 62 - but need over 50 mins min from when it painted

If we try higher over say 92 and 95 then just stay with scalp buys

EU

3 38 pm

We have ended up in a BTTZ tease zone now

First real one of the day I think

Sitting on hands - or just look at other Pairs for trade opportunities

Unless we make over 85 and 90 - again this is just a tease and we stay in the BTTZ range

Hopefully this hour we will come out of it

ie over 1190 / 95 - or under 1060 and 50

Got the feeling we might just wait over 50 or 55 mins from the 1162 low - before we attempt to breach it again

The theory is normally 30 and 60 mins - but nowadays seems to be anything from 30 -35 min to 50 - 60 mins for breach of interim high and low rules

Loads of reasons to sell EU again under 82/85 area next -

69 / 70 held for now and low we need to break next at 62 - but need over 50 mins min from when it painted

If we try higher over say 92 and 95 then just stay with scalp buys

Got the feeling you will not smile with that one - but hope I am wrong as will only sell under 62 and 58

EU

4 27 pm

After 4 21 pm was on for the sell - but waited for 62 and 58 - trying to be safe lol

So far 1141

Bounces staying under 1160 are sells again for now

5 51 pm

Finished ages ago but update on EU

Low so far 1134 area

I got taken out a 30% sell with stop in profit at 1162 - before it went to 68 - and then dropped again lol - typical of stop hunting in the EU by the Bankster Bar Stewards

Its still a sell again on bounces staying under 1160 - but finished now

Been a great day again - especially this morning

Have a great weekend

Regards

F

All flat. Quiet day.

Attachments

• pip.JPG
    pip.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 81
F. What research are the time windows and key times based on ? Im just doing a bit of my own research in this area. What is your personal thought why there is increased trading around these times ? Cheers...mike.

F. What research are the time windows and key times based on ? Im just doing a bit of my own research in this area. What is your personal thought why there is increased trading around these times ? Cheers...mike.

Hi Mike

I started scalping the EU over 10 yrs ago using bollinger bands along with oscillator indicators - like the RSI and the williams %. I was fairly successful at it but started to notice how many scalps I would take around certain times of the trading day.

I then got into linear regressions and the infamous LR2 on Intellicharts Pro - that used to act as a leading indicator - by changing prior to the frame change - ie a 4 hr candle would see this LR2 change to give a view at say 3hr 59minutes and 58 seconds and then say price bias would be up or down for next 4 hrs.

The fact that I was still spending so much time scalping on the 1 min frames I started to notice the effect of time on changes so much more. Before I went full time I must have spent easily a good few thousand hours on the 1 min frame and so was starting to read the "detail " so much more.

Traders like to confirm new entries normally after the hour change - whether they are using the 1 hr chart or the 3 or 4 or even 8 hr chart - so I started to note the lags on entries and exits. Of course - they also exit many existing trades and take profits just before the hour change

After another year or so - I found a strong links to Key times of the trading day and I have now been using them for nearly 7 years.

Some trading days - they are spot on - other days they might be one or two mins out of sync - so thats why instead of just 6 KT's I have 2 TW's as well - which encompasses the 6 times.

So in the 2 x18 mins TW's of the hour - ie 36 mins - I take maybe 90% of all my trades and maybe 80% are at the 6 KT's of the hour. Some will only give me 3 or 5 pips - others - ie normally at strong S & R levels might give me 15 - 25 - even 100+ pips - without the move being breached at its entry or within 5 -7 pips.

I am sure over the last 7 years with the emergence of more automated trading via algos etc - and of course HFT - time is a component in the buying and selling equation.

Time alone with not work on its own - but its another clue that again gives you another "edge" to assist you with taking a trade with a high probability.

All FX traders know the importance of the London Open and also ninety five percent or so of all news announcements are normally released on the hour or half hr.

Another important part to remember is that its only the charts under 1 hr or 60 mins that are the same - all around the world for any trader in any country. If you use a 2 /3/ 4 hr or daily chart - it's candle or bar patterns can look different all depending on which broker and which open and close times they use - ie Midnight GMT or another important World time from the West or East.

So for me 30 min and 60 mins time changes are the most important times for trading - forget the 4 hr or daily or weekly etc etc- they are all for fortune tellers ;-)

Look forward to hearing from you if you also come across any other real key times of the 24 hr trading day that don't already fall into my time windows. I know of 2 but still maybe only take less than 5% of my scalps at those 2 times

Regards

F

Many thanks for a detailed explanation F, I dont trade fx anymore, just researching if there's a pattern to increased price action on the indices at certain times of day, im going to read through your post a few more times to fully digest it..Cheers once again.

many thanks for a detailed explanation f, i dont trade fx anymore, just researching if there's a pattern to increased price action on the indices at certain times of day, im going to read through your post a few more times to fully digest it..cheers once again.

bet there is
also, saw this in the bottom of my teacup

Attachments

• EUW.PNG
    EUW.PNG
    198.8 KB · Views: 78
I don't know about mega levels, but EU made an IHS on H1 - the charts a bit of a mess with all those gaps.

EURUSDH1.png

I hope you all have a good trading week.

Status
Not open for further replies.