Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
F,

Thanks for the advice re live etc. In the last 4 weeks alone on day trade DAX scalps, (not long term/options positions which is extra) I am up mid 5 figures. I won't feed the trolls or go all DJ and send strangers statements but I think you can be assured I will be fine. I believe I am ahead 4 figs on the trades I made cribbing from here, so you owe me nothing, which you would also do had I never traded from here. You put a lot of information and time out here and it's for me to decide.

As for NVP, appreciate the comment. However, I have followed reasonably well, if not always writing and if you believed it was all tosh I guess you wouldn't spend so much time here. I would not hope to emulate MM's success, if I get part way that is fine.

If Dax goes completely mad, as it is prone to, then my focus will be there mainly. I suspect after a few fun days Dax will start to get in to summer mode and I will then focus more on fx.

As for my own psyche, I believe if I was not on for real dough, then I would not commit fully or take it as seriously and it would be pointless for me to try. I won't go completely nuts but if I can get a few plus days and see Friday night in as a winner (no matter the size) then great. If not then I can take a look at what I did wrong.

Again I have no wish to wake up the nutters but I read what NVP wrote recently, can't recall exactly but the gist was on day trading the ability to scale up is enormous. Same as I do on Dax, if I get a couple of winners in a row stakes go up incrementally till I am wrong and can push on to make a good day great. Then next day start back at usual stakes. No point mentioning percentages either as that will rattle the cages too. I do believe percentages is a bit misleading as when I trade I know I am 2 clicks from a refill should it go wrong so it is not a completely true number anyway.

This time next year Del boy.......

Hi All,

Which platform are you using for tick/second charts, MT4, Ctrader, etc? I haven't had much luck with finding a decent tick indicator on MT4 yet, any suggestions appreciated.

Last week I was using a 50 tick line chart on FXCM trade Station, it's ok, but would be keen to find other options.

G

Hi F,
Thanks for the setup 9,13,22 & 50 I spent a good few hours today back testing those numbers and they seemed to work out rather well. Now doing it in real time will be the trick.

I will get an early start but look s like the Dax will take over as it is looking fruity for the off tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi F,
Thanks for the setup 9,13,22 & 50 I spent a good few hours today back testing those numbers and they seemed to work out rather well. Now doing it in real time will be the trick.

I will get an early start but look s like the Dax will take over as it is looking fruity for the off tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi Nick

Those settings should do the trick and then try and take in the session price structure from the LitS I will get out before 7 am UK time. Of course you can still take scalps both ways but the bias should favour scalps in that direction more

GL - I wish you well and of course will help when around

Regards

F

oh Momma

Attachments

• mpmma.PNG
    mpmma.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 51

Nice one MM

My charts are working again from 10 05 pm UK time - and I have lost 3 days of data on all pairs - Thats with FXPro - I do have another account with dukascopy and that's been OK

Not trading tonight - but will be pre Opens in the morning

See you in the morning

Regards

F

Ideally you want the time tick charts - ie 10 and 20 secs rather than pure tick - as volumes reported are different on FX to indices etc - the FX market is unregulated and so you cannot rely on the info you receive about reported volumes etc

By having a 10 or 20 sec tick - you have extra info to scalp with compared to just a1 min candle/ line or bar movement

I am no longer a fan of MT4 or 5 - suggest FXPro / ctrader or other brokers with tick charts and LR's

GL

Regards

F

Monday 6th July 2015 - Pre Opens

Good Morning Guys

A lovely sunny Monday morning - and thank goodness I am up early to catch the 6 00 am action.

Normally - most of the time I have always started my scalping after 6 20/ 21 am or after 6 30 am- and even as late as 6 51/2 am in the winter.

In the Summer - its different - lovely bright sunny mornings and I try and make it to my desk by 5 50 / 6 00 am - and this morning its been worthwhile

Normal stuff again - I will update the LitS areas next and I am around this morning for the London Open at 8 00 am UK time

All FX contributions welcome - calls - forecasts - questions - charts - comments etc etc

Lets hope we can all have another great week - starting off with today

Stay Focused and Good Trading

Regards

F

Line in the Sand Areas for Monday AM session

The LitS areas as at 6 30 am UK time

These areas give my on my system the morning main session bias.

Prices above the LitS favour higher and therefore scalp buys

Price below the LitS favour lower and therefore scalp sells

This does not mean you cannot take scalps either way - but the bias should assist by giving you larger moves or probabities etc

First the key 4 pairs - then I wil cover another 4 -6 pair as well this morning

EU - 1010 - 1040 ish - larger due to volatility this morning

GU - 5550 - 5580 ish

UChf - 9405 - 9435 ish

UJ - 122 25 - 122 50 ish

Next group out within next 10 mins

Morning F and all guys.
Ok I am watching some screens but may wait till a bit later as the Dax is going to be a tad fun this am.
GL for the week guys

6 36 am

Yen Crosses

My first scalps of the morning around 6 00 am were on both the EJ and UJ this morning

Had not checked out the GJ - and favoured the sync of the UJ with the EJ rather than my normal UJ

The EJ was approx 30 pips within 14 mins - whereas UJ - have stayed with - but so far only 11 pips

Morning F and all guys.
Ok I am watching some screens but may wait till a bit later as the Dax is going to be a tad fun this am.
GL for the week guys

Morning Nick

You too have a great day

You can see the extra volatility this morning on many pairs

GL with the Dax

Regards

F

6 36 am

Yen Crosses

My first scalps of the morning around 6 00 am were on both the EJ and UJ this morning

Had not checked out the GJ - and favoured the sync of the UJ with the EJ rather than my normal UJ

The EJ was approx 30 pips within 14 mins - whereas UJ - have stayed with - but so far only 11 pips

I have been looking at those, obviously an exceptional overnight but those pairs can move some!

6 37 - 6 39 am - more scalp buys on Yen crosses

LitS areas this morning on other main pairs

EJ - 134 70 - 135 10 ish

GJ - 190 50 - 190 80 ish

Ucad - 2580 - 2610 ish

AU- 7510 - 7530 ish

EA- 4670 - 4705 ish

Can add other popular pairs as well to list - if requested

I have been looking at those, obviously an exceptional overnight but those pairs can move some!

The GJ is known as the "beast" - and Major M has done well off it this last week

I prefer the EJ - its my favourite - not quite as big a mover as the GJ - but still a lot more than the UJ - the slowest of the yen crosses normally - but an important pair

The EJ this morning as already made me within 45 mins my daily target - off one scalp sell and one scalp buy (y)

6 52 am

Its always nice at the start of a new week and an early Monday morning to get some good pips under your belt - or in the Kitty

Thank you market - this first hour for me as been an exception early Monday AM

Yes that was amazing, a slow 60 point drop followed by a much quicker 80 point up. Well done F, great start to the week.

6 57 am

EU update

Back to normal - lets update the popular pair

Price atm - 1 1055 - I will just go with the 4 figs of 1055 ish

Lits 1010 to 1040 ish and price is above it for now

After 6 21 am and 6 30 am - its been a scalp buy from the 1025 area

Need to check out old S & R levels next - but as i type this - its actually moved up now to 1070 -85 area

please dont think this pair is just sells - yes - at times - it will be - but this last 30 mins as seen 50 pip rise

Yes that was amazing, a slow 60 point drop followed by a much quicker 80 point up. Well done F, great start to the week.

Thanks Nick

i did not trade last night after 10 00 am - was worried about my charts - as lost data

Glad I was up early this morning though (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.