Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
UC - 9053 is my line in the sand now - above it scalp buys again and below it scalp sells in a nutshell - but they have to be confirmed by breaching 65 and 68 for higher and under 40 for lower

Got to pop out again at half hr - will be back after 3.30pm I think ( i hope ) ;-)

Dont jump in either way in a BT zone - wait and let market play and then look next time frame

Gl

She has already failed her test once after approximately 12 lessons with a professional instructor - she's too confident and broke speed limit by 5 mph and instant fail. Its my own fault I had her and brother go karting from the age of 6 and she does like speed. She as been in with me at over 170mph in a Lamborghini Gallardo on a test track at Bruntingthorpe Nr Leicester. That's the problem - no sense of fear and so needs to understand about keeping to the rules etc etc - discipline - ie a bit like trading ;-))

She want a second hand old shape Range Rover Sports as her first car - yes I am afraid she will have to dream on and find a car with suitable insurance under £2k per annum - yes a Fiesta or Polo or something sensible hehe

With a bit of luck if she can keep failing until she is 21 - the insurance will then be easier ( lol)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Teach her to trade F, as there's nothing like it to teach you all the skills/disciplines needed to succeed in life.

I've broken, twisted, and bent every rule I could, and only realised after being taught some valuable lessons from trading that

"bad traders know the rules and break them, good traders know the rules and never break them, and the best traders know the rules, and know when to break them".
;)

Best
John.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Teach her to trade F, as there's nothing like it to teach you all the skills/disciplines needed to succeed in life.

I've broken, twisted, and bent every rule I could, and only realised after being taught some valuable lessons from trading that

"bad traders know the rules and break them, good traders know the rules and never break them, and the best traders know the rules, and know when to break them".
;)

Best
John.

That is so true John

At times - rules can be broken - and even then you need to know the limits.For example with speeding on the motorway - we all know we can do 77 - 80 mph and get away with it - some days you might get away with 85-95 mph - but when you start going over 100 mph - you face a ban and the hefty fine. So 78-85 mph is breaking the rules - but unless you have a Police car behind you or in a speed trap - then its a broken rule - but seems to be acceptable other than in Fog Snow or ice etc etc.

Trading - my rules are flexible - but to only a small degree and i just know if I take liberties on a few of them - the market will just kick me hard in the face and other areas and say - "won't you ever learn son " :)

Regards

F

OK - attached Swissy chart

Two vertical lines - ie from 3.00pm and at 3.51pm

Up to 3.00pm - we were in down trend. By 3.09 pm - it had turned

After 3.30pm - not breached low - PA favoured supports holding and higher

BY 3.51pm - most of the LRs had gone under price

Yes - it was a scalp sell from 9023 first interim high - but false fade down for a 12 pip drop to 9010 - then it stopped again and time window said - above supports - this price can be a New HL from low at 9004/5

If you wanted to be safe - you wait for 3 - 5 pip turn from 9010 and the scalp buy in time window for another 9 -11 pips.

As long as we stay above 9009 - we try up again - and then if we break above 27 and 29 - we should even go higher

No 27 / 29 on next try up and then we might test that 9010 or slightly higher at 9015

But Lrs favour higher until 9009 goes and even then - it might just drop to big round number 9000

Hope that helps and any points please just ask - no problem

Attachments

• UChf - 101214.JPG
    UChf - 101214.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 93
This is bloody great. I have rarely seen such a good explanation on a forum
However, i know i am miles away from doing this as efficiently in real time.
Please have patience, i will try and keep this thinking model in mind

Cheers MM - i am glad it makes sense to you etc etc

Remember though - it will never be 100% correct - but with proper short term analysis - at the coalface - you can get 85-90% accuracy and maintain 70-75% most of the time

You will get there - no doubt about it - if you keep to the methods - keep focused - and then keep repeating and repeating ..... and repeating etc etc - until you don't even have to think about it . That might be after another 500 trades or after another 1000 trades - but you will get there

opening time.
we r at 9032 just below upper tl from 1344?

Yes - opening time - I could do with a pint of stella ;-)

So now I have to think - do i keep some stake on - in case we make 9044 - or shall I take all off and then if around buy again over 9022 ?

Tough decision - but I cannot scalp sell until under 28 and 25 - so that's another clue

Status
Not open for further replies.