How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random musings ?

CYOF said:
I must leave now until tomorrow, and hopefully some will have the correct answer to chart 1.

Maybe, even someone will start the brief discussion, which is to prove that we are talking facts here, not mumbo jumbo.

My EMF Train No1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000009 is waiting for me :LOL:

Slainte,
CYOF

Whilst you are on your night train I thought that I would like to offer some random and not so random musings on some of the topics/words that caught my eye in the previous day's worth of postings:

(a) Randomness

Random events were mentioned earlier in the thread. Are any events truly random, or is so-called randomness, merely an inability to perceive true cause and effect ? Are we burdened by the receipt of too many possible causes and effects that we cannot see the wood for the trees ?

(b) Connectivity

I hold a cup of water – where does the water end and the cup begin ? At a molecular level molecules from both pass into each other. At the atomic and sub-atomic levels we have notions of electrons, energy levels and particle/wave forms. We have the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and ideas of probability that relate to the “position” of particles. The cup is held by me – where does the cup and I end. I am surrounded by the atmosphere – where do I and the atmosphere begin and end. You, the reader, are surrounded by the atmosphere – where do you, the atmosphere, I, the cup and the water begin and end ? There is a connectivity of matter and events. How does this relate to randomness ? The markets ?

(c ) Precursor to events

What must happen before an event can occur ? What generates the event ? Think about it. What created them ?

(d) Trading events

How is your success (or lack thereof) as a trader measured ? What created that success (or lack thereof) ? What really created that success (or lack thereof) ?

I will wave Good night.

Lights out :idea:

Charlton

Is it a case of simple market geometry CYOF.

As is the price action below and to the left, so it is to the right and above? :)

If not I give up you can PM me the answer. :LOL:

I give up ....each of you will get exactly what you deserve and it may not be what you think you deserve....but so be it..you are the creators of your own destiny.

Charlton said:
CYOF

Whilst you are on your night train I thought that I would like to offer some random and not so random musings on some of the topics/words that caught my eye in the previous day's worth of postings:

(a) Randomness

Random events were mentioned earlier in the thread. Are any events truly random, or is so-called randomness, merely an inability to perceive true cause and effect ? Are we burdened by the receipt of too many possible causes and effects that we cannot see the wood for the trees ?

It is not that it is random...it appears to be random...but it isn't because all of it is decided in advance of the event. An inability or unwillingness to correctly percieve in advance of the result is what makes what is presented to appear as random.

(b) Connectivity

I hold a cup of water – where does the water end and the cup begin ? At a molecular level molecules from both pass into each other. At the atomic and sub-atomic levels we have notions of electrons, energy levels and particle/wave forms. We have the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and ideas of probability that relate to the “position” of particles. The cup is held by me – where does the cup and I end. I am surrounded by the atmosphere – where do I and the atmosphere begin and end. You, the reader, are surrounded by the atmosphere – where do you, the atmosphere, I, the cup and the water begin and end ? There is a connectivity of matter and events. How does this relate to randomness ? The markets ?

No, not exactly, that is not the sort of connectivity required to succeed in intutitive trading. It is a different kind of connectivity altogether. I am surprised you are taking this slant on it, mischievous you, teasing the innocents in this way..:cheesy:

(c ) Precursor to events

What must happen before an event can occur ? What generates the event ? Think about it. What created them ?

HeHe....ask the people that matter...see if they will tell you.

(d) Trading events

How is your success (or lack thereof) as a trader measured ? What created that success (or lack thereof) ? What really created that success (or lack thereof) ?

Well, it is not writing endless journals, that's for certain. It is something very different and you know what it is so again I am surprised you bring up the subject you naughty fellow..:cheesy:

I will wave Good night.

Charlton

...And there you have it !

CYOF said:
Before I go, I have just noticed that this thread gets a lot of views,

Yes it's sort of like going to a festival of the worst films ever made .... and heckling from the cheap seats.

Profitaker said:
CYOF

How about the price of oil come Wednesday ?

How about the price of British Airways come Wednesday ?

How about the price of FTSE100 come Wednesday ?

How about the price of DJIA come Wednesday

How about you try to gain some credibility ?

CYOF said:
Be careful PT, as you may very easily make a fool of yourself, and I do not take any pleasure in anyone making a fool of themselves because of me.
I’m of the same opinion in that I wouldn’t want you to make a fool of yourself because of me. The difference being you already have. I have given you an opportunity to redeem yourself and gain some credibility by accurately predicting the price of anything tradable - I suggest you take it.

andycan said:
but a little advice when you want to learn from someone the person who is teaching guides you not the other way round, for you to demand does not give you a god given right one has to earn that right!!
Nobody can seriously suggest this thread has any learning value. For a moment there I thought you were serious.

Charlton said:
Random events were mentioned earlier in the thread. Are any events truly random, or is so-called randomness, merely an inability to perceive true cause and effect ?
It’s the inability to perceive, but does that really matter ? For example, coin flipping is not random, it’s predictable, very predictable. If you knew the force that hit the coin, the angle of the force, the weight and balance of the coin, the air density and temperature, the landing surface friction coefficient and so on then a powerful computer could predict which side the coin would land with near certainty. Same applies to a roulettle wheel. But since that information and calculation capability isn’t available to the human observer, then coin flipping is random.

The same principle of randomness is true of crowd psychology, in that only by personally knowing each and every individual in the crowd (their behaviour patterns and personality traits) can an accurate prediction of that crowd behaviour be made.

In 10 minutes time a crowd that hold MKS shares will react to their trading statement by either keeping their shares or selling them. Another crowd will be reading the trading statement and deciding whether to buy the shares. Can anybody predict the net result ? Answer on the back of a postage stamp please.

Profitaker said:
In 10 minutes time a crowd that hold MKS shares will react to their trading statement by either keeping their shares or selling them. Another crowd will be reading the trading statement and deciding whether to buy the shares. Can anybody predict the net result ? Answer on the back of a postage stamp please.
Net result : Number of shares sold = number of shares bought :cheesy:

Yes - difficult to predict crowd behaviour because of the multitude of variables, so what does this say about using a purely logical, deductive, reasoning approach ? Do you hear traders say they are "in tune with the market" ?

Charlton

Charlton said:
CYOF

(a) Randomness

(b) Connectivity

(c ) Precursor to events

(d) Trading events

I will wave Good night.

Charlton

Very good thoughts Charlton, and all I will say is that if we all adopt the same views as Socrates, Montaigne & Hannel - and it should not matter which Socrates you choose, as both hold the same views, then all becomes clear, and only when all becomes clear, can REAL progress become a reality.

We are now at a stage, where all readers of this thread, have access to exactly the same information. So, I will now ask another question:

Why do some (a small few) feel attracted to this information, so much so, that they read it, over and over, every chance they get, whilst, others (the majority) will ever only give it a quick glance and make the big mistake of thinking that it is more of the same old psyco rubbish?

And, as an example, how many have read the Montaigne essay, and better again, how many have read it, over and over, and summarised each paragraph (I mentioned a very good study technique in the past called SQ3R - and many of our university experts should be familiar with this, as it surely has merit, so, there is still hope!) so that they understand the full meaning of what Montaigne is saying.

Now, we can try and solve the mysteries of the Universe - which by the way, was a mighty sight last evening on my EMF train journey :LOL: , but, on the other hand, we might say it will be in our own best interests if we look for the commonalities of all the GOOD teachings - notice the word GOOD, for we now know that the majority is BAD, and bad, meaning that, it is not in our own best interests, far from it, remember the "rat race" we are in.

It is actually very, very, simple, but again, the majority make it very, very difficult.

And it should now be apparent why!

All now have a glimpse at how real success is achievable, and if one want's to keep the blinkers on, then one should always remember:

"Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap."

The Leprechaun is calling - I may have some new information?

Slainte,

Charlton said:
Do you hear traders say they are "in tune with the market" ?Charlton
Often, myself included. But It's very easy to be fooled by randomness, IMHO.

Mr Soros said:
Is it a case of simple market geometry CYOF.

As is the price action below and to the left, so it is to the right and above? :)

If not I give up you can PM me the answer. :LOL:

No - has anyone even done a search for Larry Pesavanto, besides rols?

What becomes clear CYOF ? What exactly is "REAL progress" ?

CYOF said:
All now have a glimpse at how real success is achievable

I disagree. But give me the post number and I'll have another look :)

counter_violent said:
I give up ....each of you will get exactly what you deserve and it may not be what you think you deserve....but so be it..you are the creators of your own destiny.

You are beginning to sound a bit like me now :D

Last edited:
dcraig1 said:
Yes it's sort of like going to a festival of the worst films ever made .... and heckling from the cheap seats.

What can I say - your reply speaks for itself and confirms all that I say :idea:

Profitaker said:
I’m of the same opinion in that I wouldn’t want you to make a fool of yourself because of me. The difference being you already have. I have given you an opportunity to redeem yourself and gain some credibility by accurately predicting the price of anything tradable - I suggest you take it.

Nobody can seriously suggest this thread has any learning value. For a moment there I thought you were serious.

It’s the inability to perceive, but does that really matter ? For example, coin flipping is not random, it’s predictable, very predictable. If you knew the force that hit the coin, the angle of the force, the weight and balance of the coin, the air density and temperature, the landing surface friction coefficient and so on then a powerful computer could predict which side the coin would land with near certainty. Same applies to a roulettle wheel. But since that information and calculation capability isn’t available to the human observer, then coin flipping is random.

The same principle of randomness is true of crowd psychology, in that only by personally knowing each and every individual in the crowd (their behaviour patterns and personality traits) can an accurate prediction of that crowd behaviour be made.

PT, you are the ultimate creation of generations.

You have, by your consistent ridiculous posts, shown to all, the pinnacle of incorrect teaching.

But, all is not lost, for you are lucky that Montaigne was born, for, it is because of him that you have a chance, but you must first recognise this - the choice is yours!

The Leprechaun has asked me to tell you all the he want's to become a VENDOR -details to follow :eek:

The Leprechaun has asked me to convey the following :eek:

Pot Of Gold Trading Services

Hourly Fee = $100,000

Minimum Daily Attendance = 10 hrs

Minimum Weekly Attendance = 7 Days

Contact Details:

Please contact CYOF by PM, but you must hurry, for I just happen to know that the RJ45 pins on the DSL modem that CYOF uses will be inundated with Terra bytes of data.

When this even happens, do not be dis-hearted, for we have Magical Powers, and the following alternative is available:

Method of Communication = Magical Mail - please be sure to write Magical Mail on the envelope as otherwise it will remain as Snail Mail - and you may find yourself at the back of the long que.

The address is as follows:

Luiden mac Lu - aka, the greatest Leprechaun ever appeared
69 Fairy Bush - the 69 is for a reason, but this will only be discussed with Leprechauns
Magic Mushroom Road
Blarney Stone
Good Old Eire's Isle

This offer will never be repeated again - so please do hurry!

Profitaker said:
What becomes clear CYOF ? What exactly is "REAL progress" ?

I disagree. But give me the post number and I'll have another look :)

PT, you may want to book an hour with the Leprechaun - for I can put in a good word for you if you like, and see if he will do an hour only, but he is a stubborn little fellow?

I have to go now as Liuden is calling, but please do post the answer to chart 1.

I may, time permitting, try a trade today to illustrate, but, as my current setup is of limited functionality, this may not be in my own best interests.

I will consult with Pot of Gold Trading services and see if they will give away any secrets for today, but I can tell you one thing, even though I am Irish, these Leprechauns have only one thing on their mind, and that is GOLD.

Slainte,

CYOF said:
The Leprechaun has asked me to convey the following :eek:

Pot Of Gold Trading Services

Hourly Fee = $100,000

Minimum Daily Attendance = 10 hrs

Minimum Weekly Attendance = 7 Days

Contact Details:

Please contact CYOF by PM, but you must hurry, for I just happen to know that the RJ45 pins on the DSL modem that CYOF uses will be inundated with Terra bytes of data.

When this even happens, do not be dis-hearted, for we have Magical Powers, and the following alternative is available:

Method of Communication = Magical Mail - please be sure to write Magical Mail on the envelope as otherwise it will remain as Snail Mail - and you may find yourself at the back of the long que.

The address is as follows:

Luiden mac Lu - aka, the greatest Leprechaun ever appeared
69 Fairy Bush - the 69 is for a reason, but this will only be discussed with Leprechauns
Magic Mushroom Road
Blarney Stone
Good Old Eire's Isle

This offer will never be repeated again - so please do hurry!

I would like to apply to be trained by the Leprechaun, please.

Payment:
My bank account details:
Bank of the Little People,
Sort code: Rainbow
Account: pot at the end of

help yourself.

"69 Fairy Bush" - we've all been there! :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.