How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
trendie said:
I would like to apply to be trained by the Leprechaun, please.

Payment:
My bank account details:
Bank of the Little People,
Sort code: Rainbow
Account: pot at the end of

help yourself.

"69 Fairy Bush" - we've all been there! :cheesy:

You request has been acknowledged trendie, but unfortunately you are now number 9,999,999.

As for "been there", I take it that you mean you have had the pleasure of visiting:

" Fairy Bush Services"

Liuden has told me to tell you, that, it took them a long time to discover where the real POT of GOLD was, but all he will say is that it was not the male Leprechauns that were sitting on it :cheesy:

Slainte,

FOR SALE:

1 Dreamcatcher - hardly ever used. Dont need it since I cut down on my late-night cheese intake.

162 trading books - dont need them since I found 1 text from 800 years ago replaces all known knowledge.

WANTED: Lithium, and a jacket with strong buckles at the back.

Nobody can seriously suggest this thread has any learning value. For a moment there I thought you were serious

their is value in everything
but to some a picture is picture if all they can see is a picture

rols said:
Before we all cross our legs and start chanting take a look here...

http://web.archive.org/web/20050331090938/www.trancenet.org/research/index.shtml

Excerpt:

"The Report of Germany's Institute for Youth and Society on TM"
For the first time on the Web, TranceNet presents the entire text of this seminal report in English translation -- with charts. The TM movement attempted to suppress this report in German courts, but its findings were upheld by the German high court (The Federal Republic of Germany: OVG Muenster: 5 A 1152/84, The Bundesverwaltungsgericht: 23.5.87 7 C 2.87, The Bundesverfassungsgericht: 1 BvR 881/89). Among the subjects studied:

76% of long-term meditators experience psychological disorders -- including 26% nervous breakdowns
63% experience serious physical complaints
70% recorded a worsening ability to concentrate
Researchers found a startling drop in honesty among long-term meditators
Plus a detailed examination of the history, culture, and secret teachings of the TM movement."

Yes rols, but you know why, don't you :LOL:

None of them know How To Think Correctly :cheesy:

We have mentioned that one must be custious, or else, and thank you rols, again, for hightlighting a very important fact :D

andycan said:
Nobody can seriously suggest this thread has any learning value. For a moment there I thought you were serious

Do not despair andy, for we will get back on track.

However, we must exercise all of our brain, not just the dumb parts, and laughing is indeed a necessity for correct thinking.

I will now take you advice and try and return to where we were - so trendie, I am not ignoring you, just in case you think I am :LOL:

Slainte,

andycan said:

I agree wholehearteadly with the sentiments you express, but there again, this thread gives them not what they want, but what they need.

It is staring everybody in the face....screaming at them....glaring....but it does not land.

So, if anyone would like to continue with the answer to chart1, please feel free to do you.

I will check back later, but it looks like no trade today -too busy.

Slainte

Let's give this a little shove....see if it helps....

Larry has asked me to pass on a little clue...Ding...Dong ...Ding.

SOCRATES said:
Let's give this a little shove....see if it helps....

Larry has asked me to pass on a little clue...Ding...Dong ...Ding.

This is by far the closest, and it should now be obvious, so who want's to start the discussion?

I have to go, but I will join in later, so, if none are trading at the moment, then please do go ahead and start - who knows, maybe this will of some REAL value to some people, provided they are thinking on the same wavelength, of course?

Oh, apologies Socrates, I forgot to thank you for that hint, and to add, it was Right On Time - so as to speak :idea:

Slainte,

Well, if it's obvious you want I may as well embarrass myself both by participating and bleedin' profusely.

As with many, this instrument is quieter during lunch so it may be wise to resist joining in the fun and instead use one's time more profitably elsewhere, perhaps on the allotment. This caveat can also be extended to many other activities.The best opportunities often occur in the morning and evening sessions when there are ladlefuls of lovely volatility and a quick result available for one's efforts. No doubt someone will bleat that higher volatility = greater risk. Of course this is to an uncertain extent true especially if one uses volatilty based stops. But with tight stop placement and accurate entry the higher volatility can spend most of its time befriending the potential reward side. Even if one is a clumsy oaf like me he can afford to get one or two entries badly wrong and be stopped out yet thanks to the large range still come out ahead on third time lucky as it were. But try this during the serenity of snack-time and one may become a bot's whipping boy.

Last edited:
frugi said:
Well, if it's obvious you want I may as well embarrass myself both by participating and bleedin' profusely.

As with many, this instrument is quieter during lunch so it may be wise to resist joining in the fun and instead use one's time more profitably elsewhere, perhaps on the allotment. This caveat can also be extended to many other activities.The best opportunities often occur in the morning and evening sessions when there are ladlefuls of lovely volatility and a quick result available for one's efforts. No doubt someone will bleat that higher volatility = greater risk. Of course this is to an uncertain extent true especially if one uses volatilty based stops. But with tight stop placement and accurate entry the higher volatility can spend most of its time befriending the potential reward side. Even if one is a clumsy oaf like me he can afford to get one or two entries badly wrong and be stopped out yet thanks to the large range still come out ahead on third time lucky as it were. But try this during the serenity of snack-time and one may become a bot's whipping boy.
Good...an improvement..

CYOF said:
This is by far the closest, and it should now be obvious, so who want's to start the discussion?

I have to go, but I will join in later, so, if none are trading at the moment, then please do go ahead and start - who knows, maybe this will of some REAL value to some people, provided they are thinking on the same wavelength, of course?

Oh, apologies Socrates, I forgot to thank you for that hint, and to add, it was Right On Time - so as to speak :idea:

Slainte,
Yes of course....obvious again you see...

One hour before the US open...

Correct timing is of the essence...:cheesy:

frugi said:
Well, if it's obvious you want I may as well embarrass myself by bleedin':

As with many, this instrument is quieter during lunch so it may be wise not to participate and instead use one's time more profitably elsewhere, perhaps on the allotment. The best opportunities often occur in the morning and evening sessions when there are ladlefuls of lovely volatility and a quick result available for one's efforts. No doubt someone will bleat that higher volatilty = greater risk. Of course this can be true especially if one uses volatilty based stops. But with tight stop placement and accurate entry the higher volatility need only increase the potential reward side. Even if one is a clumsy oaf like me he can afford to get one or two entries badly wrong and be stopped out yet thanks to the large range still come out ahead on third time lucky as it were. But yry this during the serenity of lunch and one may become a bot's whipping boy.

As to avoid any confusion, which I myself have done, and apologised for, can you please state your thoughts clearly frugi, like so:

The answer to the chart1 question is ...................

I will then continue the discussion if it is what I am talking about - if not, I will wait for the correct answer.

Remember, the hint about Larry, which I will now change slightly, if I have not already done so?

"what very important EVENT did Larry Pesavanto talk about, that most traders, for whatever reason, seem to miss, or ignore"

This is truly the sound basis for a trading method that can, a good majority of the time, result in a profitable outcome, the amount of profit, been, of course, entirely dependant on when you decide to enter the market, and then exit, the market -oh, and silly me of course, it will also be dependant on how many shares you buy, for, we are, talking about trading stocks here, not FX or anything like that, but then again, this should also be obvious, as Larry does not trade FX, at least he didn't the last time I was speaking with him, by e-mail that is.

Slainte,

Edit: and yes frugi, you are correct in posting, for if one thinks without opening ones mouth, then one may never obtain any real worthwhile information - does anyone remember all that History & Philosophy crap that we were talking about - and what about ION, the ultimate "head buried up the you know what" person, and you all now see how Socrates finally got ION to admit that he was a complete fraud - it is really very funny how History does repeat itself, over and over.

Socrates, you are indeed a wise man.

Last edited:
CYOF said:
As to avoid any confusion, which I myself have done, and apologised for, can you please state your thoughts clearly frugi, like so:

The answer to the chart1 question is ...................

I will then continue the discussion if it is what I am talking about - if not, I will wait for the correct answer.

Remember, the hint about Larry, which I will now change slightly, if I have not already done so?

"what very important EVENT did Larry Pesavanto talk about, that most traders, for whatever reason, seem to miss, or ignore"

This is truly the sound basis for a trading method that can, a good majority of the time, result in a profitable outcome, the amount of profit, been, of course, entirely dependant on when you decide to enter the market, and then exit, the market -oh, and silly me of course, it will also be dependant on how many shares you buy, for, we are, talking about trading stocks here, not FX or anything like that, but then again, this should also be obvious, as Larry does not trade FX, at least he didn't the last time I was speaking with him, by e-mail that is.

Slainte,

Edit: and yes frugi, you are correct in posting, for if one thinks without opening ones mouth, then one may never obtain any real worthwhile information - does anyone remember all that History & Philosophy crap that we were talking about - and what about ION, the ultimate "head buried up the you know what" person, and you all now see how Socrates finally got ION to admit that he was a complete fraud - it is really very funny how History does repeat itself, over and over.

Socrates, you are indeed a wise man.
Amazing...isn't it ?

I have sometimes mentioned the very same thing, both in PMs and in public.

It just goes to show no one takes any notice of anything worthwhile...:cheesy: ...Skim says you can't complain I don't tell you everything, because in some way or another .....I do.:cheesy:

SOCRATES said:
Amazing...isn't it ?

I have sometimes mentioned the very same thing, both in PMs and in public.

It just goes to show no one takes any notice of anything worthwhile...:cheesy: ...Skim says you can't complain I don't tell you everything.

Yes, it is funny indeed.

And maybe you can enlighten me, as I do not ask of much, but why is it, that I get the feeling that a lot of people know the answer, but, for some unknown reason (or is it unknown?) will not post a reply.

This is one of the biggest problems I see here - and in this instance, which just shows that everything in trading must be turned inside out, so as to speak, there are not enough cooks to spoil the broth.

Slainte,

frugi said:

Any stock on the US market will do - well any decent stock that is, as I take it that we have no penny stock traders here, ehhh!

Remember, we are thinking big here, not small, if you want to think small then you have come to the wrong thread. You will get no small thinking here, well, not from me at least.

Always remember these simple words :

think small = have small, think big = have big

It is of the utmost importance, and it should now be obvious why, as we have discussed it many times, and btw, what about my first question, I am not forgetting, and still waiting on the answer!

Slainte,

Last edited:
CYOF said:
Yes, it is funny indeed.

And maybe you can enlighten me, as I do not ask of much, but why is it, that I get the feeling that a lot of people know the answer, but, for some unknown reason (or is it unknown?) will not post a reply.

This is one of the biggest problems I see here - and in this instance, which just shows that everything in trading must be turned inside out, so as to speak, there are not enough cooks to spoil the broth.

Slainte,
Yes, there are several reasons and I will proceed to explain them to you.

Let us start at the blunt end....the cooks that spoil the broth.

Now what happens is that nowadays with the proliferation of information which is made freely available nearly everyone has access to books and the internet. This implies everyone is free to have a go, so to speak, and this is true.

What is not true is that everything you read in books or encounter on the internet can replace correct thought.

Therefore there is the temptation to substitute the effort required to generate original thought for thought "ready made"...which is not the same thing.

Then because all of this is not constructed for the benefit of the public who approach this using their habitually ready made expectation posture, then the results they get are not the ones they expect, and furthermore, tainted by the effects of ego there is little or no possiblility of what I have repeatedly described as pushing the envelope, as a result of self generated motivation. It is not seen as neither desireable nor necessary.

As all thought in the public domain has been presented as ready made in books, textbooks, videos, cds and threads in websites such as this one it would not occur to people to have to make the effort to really think, not in the conventional sense but in the unconventional.

Therefore you are asking too much, that is why you do not get responses.

Add to this peer pressure, where this peer pressure is habiually contaminated with this ready made expectation and the by product of the result on the one hand is conformity and on the other hand intellectual laziness.

As a consequence of these insidious disabling conditions there is an additional by product which is the most noticeable and appears on the surface to be the only cause but is only part of the cluster of causes I have briefly described above.

This other by product is a reluctance to step forward away from the crowd and postulate a hypothesis, however erroneous in false and unjustified fear of ridicule.

The problem is that in order to put forward a hypothesis that stands up to the most incisive scrutiny, what is needed to precede it is incisive thought, and, as I have explained above there does not seem to be any need for such an excercise to take place as a consequence of reliance in what is percieved to be ready made, then original thought just does not happen.

The irony is that everyone is looking to see if they can find it.

It is not something you can find. it is something you have to do.

It is about doing, and not about sharing or even piggy backing.

As an aside, there are a handful who know the answer.

They keep silent to see if anyone is forthcoming and provides the correct answer but for a different reason. The reason is the proper identification of a fellow thinker.

SOCRATES said:
Yes, there are several reasons and I will proceed to explain them to you.

Let us start at the blunt end....the cooks that spoil the broth.

Now what happens is that nowadays with the proliferation of information which is made freely available nearly everyone has access to books and the internet. This implies everyone is free to have a go, so to speak, and this is true.

What is not true is that everything you read in books or encounter on the internet can replace correct thought.

Therefore there is the temptation to substitute the effort required to generate original thought for thought "ready made"...which is not the same thing.

Then because all of this is not constructed for the benefit of the public who approach this using their habitually ready made expectation posture, then the results they get are not the ones they expect, and furthermore, tainted by the effects of ego there is little or no possiblility of what I have repeatedly described as pushing the envelope, as a result of self generated motivation. It is not seen as neither desireable nor necessary.

As all thought in the public domain has been presented as ready made in books, textbooks, videos, cds and threads in websites such as this one it would not occur to people to have to make the effort to really think, not in the conventional sense but in the unconventional.

Therefore you are asking too much, that is why you do not get responses.

Add to this peer pressure, where this peer pressure is habiually contaminated with this ready made expectation and the by product of the result on the one hand is conformity and on the other hand intellectual laziness.

As a consequence of these insidious disabling conditions there is an additional by product which is the most noticeable and appears on the surface to be the only cause but is only part of the cluster of causes I have briefly described above.

This other by product is a reluctance to step forward away from the crowd and postulate a hypothesis, however erroneous in false and unjustified fear of ridicule.

The problem is that in order to put forward a hypothesis that stands up to the most incisive scrutiny, what is needed to precede it is incisive thought, and, as I have explained above there does not seem to be any need for such an excercise to take place as a consequence of reliance in what is percieved to be ready made, then original thought just does not happen.

The irony is that everyone is looking to see if they can find it.

It is not something you can find. it is something you have to do.

It is about doing, and not about sharing or even piggy backing.

As an aside, there are a handful who know the answer.

They keep silent to see if anyone is forthcoming and provides the correct answer but for a different reason. The reason is the proper identification of a fellow thinker.

AT LAST!

Is this not the cycle I am trying to break, and have I not showed how this cycle has originated, and have I not shown by Scientific, Philosophical, Esoteric and above all, Common Sense thinking, that this thread, learning How To Think Correctly, is, in effect, the Holy Grail of trading, or to go one step further, THE TRUTH for all things we try to accomplish in life, in so much as that, what we really need to accomplish, is Harmony, and from Harmony, the result will be Harmonious Experiences!!!!

What is wrong -why do so many not see the real light, why do so many, not see, that God does truly exist, but the real God, the God that matters, is in fact, staring you in the mirror every morning you get out of bed, all that matters in life is the

I

There, I have said I would offend many, but I did not want to say it until we had covered enough ground so that all can see the real TRUTH - the Bible is indeed the Greatest book ever written, but in order to benefit from it, you must understand why it was written, not what others want you think why it was written.

Surely all is clear by now, and I suppose, I am lucky in a way, I can at least keep my head, but then again, Ludien is always here with me, and he has told me, that no matter what, he will never desert me, for he, and me, are ONE.

Socrates, you are indeed a very, very wise man, but like your Historical counterpart, you also know that the Powers that be are ever present, so much so, that it is beyond the comprehension of so many, but, alas, the new era is now upon us, and all this is changing, changing only for those who want it to change, so, I will finish, with the true meaning of all that I say and do, and you all now know what it really means!

"Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap."

And just to show that all this is real, very much real, I will post the Options Expiration results from a previous date - to illustrate, how, what others on this site have said may also be THE TRUTH, but none believe, because they have been thought (or brainwashed is a better word) how not to believe, by incorrect thinking.

The best post that I have read so far, on any site.

Thank YOU Socrates.

Slainte,

Last edited:
CYOF said:
AT LAST!

Is this not the cycle I am trying to break, and have I not showed how this cycle has originated, and have I not shown by Scientific, Philosophical, Esoteric and above all, Common Sense thinking, that this thread, learning How To Think Correctly, is, in effect, the Holy Grail of trading, or to go one step further, THE TRUTH for all things we try to accomplish in life, in so much as that, what we really need to accomplish, is Harmony, and from Harmony, the result will be Harmonious Experiences!!!!

What is wrong -why do so many not see the real light, why do so many, not see, that God does truly exist, but the real God, the God that matters, is in fact, staring you in the mirror every morning you get out of bed, all that matters in life is the

I

There, I have said I would offend many, but I did not want to say it until we had covered enough ground so that all can see the real TRUTH - the Bible is indeed the Greatest book ever written, but in order to benefit from it, you must understand why it was written, not what others want you think why it was written.

Surely all is clear by now, and I suppose, I am lucky in a way, I can at least keep my head, but then again, Ludien is always here with me, and he has told me, that no matter what, he will never desert me, for he, and me, are ONE.

Socrates, you are indeed a very, very wise man, but like your Historical counterpart, you also know that the Powers that be are ever present, so much so, that it is beyond the comprehension of so many, but, alas, the new era is now upon us, and all this is changing, changing only for those who want it to change, so, I will finish, with the true meaning of all that I say and do, and you all now know what it really means!

"Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap."

And just to show that all this is real, very much real, I will post the Options Expiration results from a previous date - to illustrate, how, what others on this site have said may also be THE TRUTH, but none believe, because they have been thought (or brainwashed is a better word) how not to believe, by incorrect thinking.

The best post that I have read so far, on any site.

Thank YOU Socrates.

Slainte,
Thank you for your comments.

Now you see, since you bring up the subject obliquely, I am obliged to comment further.

Leaving every religion and religious practice in the world out of this, but did not God create Man in his image, and put him above all the animals ?

Did he not empower Man with the abiltiy to reason, and to act within a moral framework according to that reason ?

This confers upon mankind the weight of knowledge and the burden of responsibility, huge responsibility, HUGE.

The burden of responsibilty upon mankind is huge, responsibility for the environment, for all the animals, fishes, birds, insects ,flowers, foliage and trees, for all the rivers and seas and glaciers, for all the forests, in fact for everything directly or indirectly dependent totally on divinity (divinity being that which man can not make, such as nature, life, the rotation of the earth, the seasons, day and night, and so on..)

And what mess is mankind making of all of this ? A mess...

If mankind is capable of making a mess of such huge proportions in tangible terms he is also capable of making messes in intangible terms, very much for the same reasons, distilled down to dereliction of self awareness, abandonment of self responsibility and self governance of the highest order, disregard for spritual development, and the creation of an environment in which transgression after transgression is the norm.

This climate for man is not condusive for man to aspire to higher ideals.

You can understand how the majority are seduced to succumb ot lower ideals, such, that after repeated exposure through the ages lower ideals themselves are the norm.

For this very reason truth is disregarded and there are many examples of attempts at warping it, as if actually being able to achieve that is now seen as a virtue.

This is the reason why the bringers of truth are not welcome or respected.

We shall continue to try however...

The topic you mention at the bottom of your post is a case in point.

I look forward to your comments on this, as I assure you I have a lot of material to add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.