How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I might add that yours is the choice between structuralist subcultural theory and patriarchial situationism. No choice at all really. :rolleyes:

starspacer said:
Oh, I might add that yours is the choice between structuralist subcultural theory and patriarchial situationism. No choice at all really. :rolleyes:
Exactly, precisely, very well put.

SOCRATES said:
You are of no consequence in this matter, it has nothing to do with you so MYOB.

Oh, Oh, my dearest SOCRATES. Please do not treat me like some kind of half wit, trying to pen a half baked analogy in the psychology department. It would destroy my will to trade forever.

The masses are brainwashed, educated with Lies and do not exist in the Here and Now. They never achieve trading Mastery, they cannot. They are trapped in a morphology of doubt and indecision. Evil people ignore the teachings of the Wise, for they are trapped in a dimension of time and space that does not permit them to exercise genius or Mastery. You can tell who they are. They boast about how good they are and the stellar returns achieved and so on. Perhaps, they even become a vendor (for this is promotion in that subset). They may even become ‘The Thirty’, for this gives them power to silence the few.

Truth is ineffable and immutable and transcends all. This is the route to Trading Mastery.

zupcon said:
I really don’t want to cause offence but this is a ridiculously naïve statement, and illustrates that your thinking is definitely flawed. What you’re actually saying is that YOU tried and failed to trade consistently using indicators. On this basis you’ve reached the conclusion that NOONE can trade consistently and profitably using indicators. This is a typical trap people fall into, at some point you’ll have tired everything in the book, and come to the conclusion that its not possible to trade profitably using any method, simply because YOU cant do it.

regards
mick

Exactly what I told him about 150 posts earlier than you, in #620. But for someone who started a thread about how to think correctly and believes he holds "the truth", it is very noteworthy that he isn't even able to think this one out correctly :rolleyes:

counter_violent said:
There is a tradable pattern on T 2 W ....lots of ehm, how shall i say, suckers up to his purpleness end up getting banned :LOL: rudeboy, bully, CYOF.... interesting !

I believe it is CYOF himself who keeps reminding everybody how history repeats itself.
Apparently, it does :|

This thread is a monument to truth and lies, a titan in the world of the paradox. For he who can decipher the vision of true direction out of the quagmire that this thread hath becometh, can surely be hailed as a master of the markets!

What's the real question we should be asking ?

dbphoenix said:
Doesn't really matter. The original thought is sound.

Db
Db

Exactly - the original thought and intention of this thread is sound and there could be some useful discussion coming out of it.

At this stage I think we should try to rephrase, either on this thread or another, what question we are trying to answer, what particular direction we are trying to debate. Sure as hell I am not sure that I remember !

CYOF is temporarily banned, but may I ask what is your take on the real question behind this thread. What are we really trying to answer when we ask the question "How to think correctly" ?

Charlton

firewalker99 said:
I believe it is CYOF himself who keeps reminding everybody how history repeats itself.

and there lies the root of everything!!

firewalker99 said:
Very unwise comment. Noted.
Also I should not be surprised if you defend the idea that indicators drive price behaviour.

Profitaker said:
starspace / CYOF / whatshisname

This thread must surely go down in T2W history as the biggest pile of twaddle ridden garbage imaginable.

If you were intelligent enough to comprehend what I am putting forward you would acknowledge that I am right. :cheesy:

I am now been called away to take my medicine that keeps the men in the white coat away. That's why they are white pills. You see everything makes perfect logical sense if you look at it the right way. Do you comprehend what I am saying? ;)

Someone should compile a book of put downs from this thread... :idea:

SOCRATES said:
Very unwise comment. Noted.
Also I should not be surprised if you defend the idea that indicators drive price behaviour.

Ehm, I'm not sure why you would think that I would think that indicators drive price behaviour, when right from the start of my trading efforts I decided to leave indicators behind, as also stated in my journal right from the start. I have the utmost respect for those who are able to make them work for them, as I have for anybody who is able to make money in the market regardless of their method(s). The only thing I can't stand really are people who aren't open to another opinion or belief and state that they only hold "the truth".

As for my comment, there's nothing more to read in it than an affirmation of CYOF getting banned.

The purpose of this thread is how to avoid the 'empowerment of self-evil’ manifested through improper thought. Deliberately withholding knowledge from the masses has never been the theme, as many have contributed to this thread. Few will allow the Truth to permeate their consciousness as is necessary. Sadly, one who shows potential has been banned from debate by The Thirty.

The question is really “Will 'free speech' be allowed, or will obscurantism prevail?”

firewalker99 said:
Ehm, I'm not sure why you would think that I would think that indicators drive price behaviour, when right from the start of my trading efforts I decided to leave indicators behind, as also stated in my journal right from the start. I have the utmost respect for those who are able to make them work for them, as I have for anybody who is able to make money in the market regardless of their method(s). The only thing I can't stand really are people who aren't open to another opinion or belief and state that they only hold "the truth".

As for my comment, there's nothing more to read in it than an affirmation of CYOF getting banned.
Ah, that's alright then. What about moving averages, what is your view on those ?

And another question if I may....what about these journals then...how do they constructively progress a trader to attain mastery ?

As for CYOF getting banned it is a shame and a loss to this thread.

People who are able to stand up and truly think for themselves in a proper structured manner are a rarity and a treasure.

firewalker99 said:

FW

Personally I don't use indicators, but addressing both you and Socrates, I think discussion of them is at many levels below the topic of this thread "how to think correctly". I concur with your final sentence about openness and this has clearly caused problems on this thread and others.

The whole purpose of T2W is to be an "online active trading community" and we should be able to discuss topics openly and in an adult fashion.

Your journal has been one of the vehicles where this kind of discussion can take place

Charlton

Charlton said:
So starspacer

Do you think that thinking correctly requires being in the here and now. ? Does it require being only in the here and now ? Does it allow for prediction or expectancy and, if so, how does this reconcile with being in the here and now ?

How might this fit in with the topic "how to think correctly" ?

Charlton
Yes, partly; no; yes, but not necessary.

Without correct thought, trading is merely a counterfeit representation. Pointless. Without Truth what are you? Who are you?

The naive teach fake beliefs. Again, pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.