How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
Ok, let me think about this one.

Practice and experience will improve a traders ability -Yes, if the trader is working from a good foundation. It is no good practising all the time if you are not improving on the results. Likewise, experience is of limited value if the knowledge acquired is not the correct knowledge.

System Expectancy, will TELL you where you are as a trader. Because your results are all that matter, then it is your results that you should be focused on. By focusing on your results, you will acquire additional knowledge that you did not previously have. When you apply this new knowledge to your trading, you can then evaluate your results further. If you are making improvements, then you have had some positive experiences. When one has a positive experience, one tends to think differently that with negative experiences. The results can be such that further positive experiences will follow.

Some may call this Peak Performance.

Socrates, your view please?

I will have to read this post myself - as it just flew off my head :LOL:
Your comments are valid. Are you not vocalising the process of alternating forward and back engineering ?

but so many times you've already promised to start thinking , properly I mean , go on you try again !!

SOCRATES said:
Yes, that is correct. You need to have results before you can attain expectancy.

But the results can only be consistent results in order to properly qualify,and not erratic results.

Consistent results is the matrix on which expectancy that is reliable expectancy can be built.

All else is guesswork, do you now understand the linkage that exists between the two ?

well, i would say that statistics 101 would define a valid sample exactly like that.......in case it hasn't been unterstood

....saludos Socrates

henry766 said:
but so many times you've already promised to start thinking , properly I mean , go on you try again !!
The pitiful fact that you do not realise you do not understand that you do not understand is your fault, not mine. I am only willing to take it so far, and not further, and from then it is up to you, to engage brain.....and make the effort.:cheesy: Sorry.

SOCRATES said:
What nonsense are you talking now ?

It has nothng to do with any definitions, it has to do with awareness and self governnace of the highest order and with a lot of very hard work to attain proficiency and expertise.

The data...what data ? Nonsense.

As for a formula ....there are no formulas that work, and this serves to thwart nearly everybody who persists in looking for one.

Once again, Bertie, you are off in your own little world somewhere talking about something entirely different from the subject at hand. Your gift for obfuscation is matched only by your talent for misdirection.

Db

jacinto said:
well, i would say that statistics 101 would define a valid sample exactly like that.......in case it hasn't been unterstood

....saludos Socrates
Hola Jacinto ! Se le saluda cordialmente.

Dicen...que el peor mal de todos los males es el de tener que bregar con.......... creo esto fue un dicho de Jacinto Benavente.:cheesy:

dbphoenix said:
Once again, Bertie, you are off in your own little world somewhere talking about something entirely different from the subject at hand. Your gift for obfuscation is matched only by your talent for misdirection.

Db
You know zero about all this.

You know a great deal about what Wykoff wrote, and what Magee hypothesised, and what the other one whatever his name is has written, but about anything above mechanical you know zero. That's alright.

The little world as you call it is not little at all, it is not a bubble of belief like the one you inhabit.

It is just that it is unfortunately, beyond your frame of reference, that's all, and I am not going to let you into it.:cheesy: I am gleefully being prodded by several top members by private route, to "let you have it"...but it is better if you remain the way you are with your favourite hobby horses of your own.

the blades said:
Thank god for this post. I thought I was going mad :LOL:

UTB

No, you are not going mad, This is just an example of what happens when a group of posters decide to get intellectual. I don't think that there is all this profound thought going on in the heads of successful traders.

Successful trading is the result of correct thinking. Get a healthy trading account and you need not worry about whether you are thinking correctly, or not.

So here is the first clue to How to Think Correctly.

Start trading correctly.

Split

SOCRATES said:
Hola Jacinto ! Se le saluda cordialmente.

Dicen...que el peor mal de todos los males es el de tener que bregar con.......... creo esto fue un dicho de Jacinto Benavente.:cheesy:

Hola Socrates,

Ahora ese dicho se ha convertido en un dicho de Socrates referente a cierto cretino con nombre de usuario de actual ciudad capital de una antigua provincia del norte de Mexico.

Vaya que busca pleito el nombrado personaje. En fin, a un toro que no tiene bravio hay que mandarlo de vuelta con los cabestres :LOL:. Solamente sirve para que el torero principiante pueda practicar.

Un abrazo

Jacinto

por cierto, la ultima vez que escuche el nombre Jacinto Benavente fue cuando tenia 15 anos en el colegio. Debo de leerle mejor.

Your a legend in your own lunchtime socrates , you go on about ego and it's control , because it's your own ego thats out of control , not others , just look at the pompous prose at the end of your submissions , you ask others to think when you can't communicate to others how wonderfull you think you are ,but we do understand, that your a pompous fool , but yes, it is our fault that it hasn't sunk in with you yet , give it time , P.S you said you were sorry , i'd agree that you are one sorry pompous idiot!

SOCRATES said:
You know zero about all this.

You know a great deal about what Wykoff wrote, and what Magee hypothesised, and what the other one whatever his name is has written, but about anything above mechanical you know zero. That's alright.

The little world as you call it is not little at all, it is not a bubble of belief like the one you inhabit.

It is just that it is unfortunately, beyond your frame of reference, that's all, and I am not going to let you into it.:cheesy:

Bertie, you're incapable of determining what I know, much less understanding it. More's the pity, people who don't understand the art of the con actually pay attention to your piffle.

As to being "let into" your world? I'd rather set myself on fire :LOL:

Db

henry766 said:
Your a legend in your own lunchtime socrates , you go on about ego and it's control , because it's your own ego thats out of control , not others , just look at the pompous prose at the end of your submissions , you ask others to think when you can't communicate to others how wonderfull you think you are ,but we do understand, that your a pompous fool , but yes, it is our fault that it hasn't sunk in with you yet , give it time , P.S you said you were sorry , i'd agree that you are one sorry pompous idiot!
All of it is your loss and misfortune, not mine.:cheesy: If you cannot keep up, keep quiet.

Splitlink said:
No, you are not going mad, This is just an example of what happens when a group of posters decide to get intellectual. I don't think that there is all this profound thought going on in the heads of successful traders.

Successful trading is the result of correct thinking. Get a healthy trading account and you need not worry about whether you are thinking correctly, or not.

So here is the first clue to How to Think Correctly.

Start trading correctly.

Split

A gem. :D

Thank you.

Db

SOCRATES said:
All of it is your loss and misfortune, not mine.:cheesy: If you cannot keep up, keep quiet.

Or Bertie will spank you.

He's into that . . .

Db

dbphoenix said:
Bertie, you're incapable of determining what I know, much less understanding it. More's the pity, people who don't understand the art of the con actually pay attention to your piffle.

As to being "let into" your world? I'd rather set myself on fire :LOL:

Db
What you know is patently obvious to a handful of us, not the general membership, that is the excruciatingly funny part. The sad part, is that you are a prisoner of your own misconceptions, and what is worse, you try to impose these misconceptions on others, who do not have the correct yardstick to measure the nonsense that you post parrot fashion out of tradng books that you yourself believe and cling to like grim death.:rolleyes:

As for setting yourself on fire, of course that is your prerogative, but if you were to do it sooner rather than later that would be a bonus.

SOCRATES said:
What you know is patently obvious to a handful of us, not the general membership, that is the excruciatingly funny part. The sad part, is that you are a prisoner of your own misconceptions, and what is worse, you try to impose these misconceptions on others, who do not have the correct yardstick to measure the nonsense that you post parrot fashion out of tradng books that you yourself believe and cling to like grim death.:rolleyes:

How odd. This is word for word what I was thinking with regard to your own particular brand of nonsense (without the rolling eyes).

Fortunately, the trader needn't bother himself with deciding whom to "follow". All he has to do is study the market, i.e., price action. He will then learn the truth himself, most likely on his own, though his progress will of course be retarded in direct proportion to the number of your posts that he reads. :)

SOCRATES said:
As for setting yourself on fire, of course that is your prerogative, but if you were to do it sooner rather than later that would be a bonus.

I'm waiting for that "sad news" post relating to you, Bertie :) Then I will be able to save myself the matches.

Db

dbphoenix said:
How odd. This is word for word what I was thinking with regard to your own particular brand of nonsense (without the rolling eyes).

Fortunately, the trader needn't bother himself with deciding whom to "follow". All he has to do is study the market, i.e., price action. He will then learn the truth himself, most likely on his own, though his progress will of course be retarded in direct proportion to the number of your posts that he reads. :)

Db
I forgot to mention, if you are really desperate to set yourself on fire as you say as an alternative, you can always include yourself in my next bonfire if you like, so be my guest.:cheesy:

SOCRATES said:
I forgot to mention, if you are really desperate to set yourself on fire as you say as an alternative, you can always include yourself in my next bonfire if you like, so be my guest.:cheesy:

Not desperate to set myself on fire, only to avoid being trapped in your Alzheimer's fog (which, by the way, is getting worse).

Db

jacinto said:
Hola Socrates,

Ahora ese dicho se ha convertido en un dicho de Socrates referente a cierto cretino con nombre de usuario de actual ciudad capital de una antigua provincia del norte de Mexico.

Vaya que busca pleito el nombrado personaje. En fin, a un toro que no tiene bravio hay que mandarlo de vuelta con los cabestres :LOL:. Solamente sirve para que el torero principiante pueda practicar.

Un abrazo

Jacinto

por cierto, la ultima vez que escuche el nombre Jacinto Benavente fue cuando tenia 15 anos en el colegio. Debo de leerle mejor.
Precisamente, exacto.:cheesy:

Un abrazo.

Status
Not open for further replies.