GREY1 P/L daily

OK i am done for the day . This market is not going to get me no matter what .
$ up 1600 ish up but it was difficult as the market was consolidating heavily .

I be away ish from SATURDAY as i have few guests in UK . So no trading or very little

I am going to contribute some thing later on on few trading issues later.

My God and force be with you all

VWAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ENGINE way ahead of time lol
Today was AAPL 's day to pay back my daily bread. As jerry would say in his room AAPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Grey1

Attachments

• 6479.45.jpg
    6479.45.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 30
Came back home to trade the close and get my money back on AKAM and I did

I Am up $2200 for the day and got a all money back from AKAM

I was tempted to leave 2000 LONG AKAM over night but decided not to do that as I a not in the business of throwing dice

AKAM is reports tonight .

If there was enough technical justification i would have gone LONG but there was not.

Attachments

• 7002.jpg
    7002.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 25
Grey1 said:
Came back home to trade the close and get my money back on AKAM and I did

I Am up $2200 for the day and got a all money back from AKAM

I was tempted to leave 2000 LONG AKAM over night but decided not to do that as I a not in the business of throwing dice

AKAM is reports tonight .

If there was enough technical justification i would have gone LONG but there was not.

Pls could you tell us at what price you weren't long on AKAM? Also reasons for not keeping the long position? AKAM went up like AMZN went down!

gulam said:
Pls could you tell us at what price you weren't long on AKAM? Also reasons for not keeping the long position? AKAM went up like AMZN went down!

Gulum

Yesterday AKAM was very strong even when DOW was weak. This often happens when the good news has leaked to the stock . I noticed that .

I was going to go long AKAM from the start but AKAM fell strongly indicating that a large buyer was interested in the stock but at a much cheaper price. I also knew that .

Now, I had no confirmed signal from the vvwap engine unlike AMZN other wise i would have longed it but all evidence was pointing at rally.

The problem was would i wish to take the risk and make a killing based on relative strength ? I decided not to take the trade because i can make the same amount of money 2morrow after the open so why should I take the risk ?

AKAM was down $2 ish just before close and had I taken the trade I would have been up $4 2morrow. i'e for 1000 shares I would have made $4000

I regret not taking the LONG TRADE but i have made 10K in two days so i am happy with what I got .

One more thing .. when YHOO fell it fell $6 and I had a feeling AMZN would fall around the same amount hence the risk would justify the trade.
Grey1

Grey1 said:
Gulum

Yesterday AKAM was very strong even when DOW was weak. This often happens when the good news has leaked to the stock . I noticed that .

I was going to go long AKAM from the start but AKAM fell strongly indicating that a large buyer was interested in the stock but at a much cheaper price. I also knew that .

Now, I had no confirmed signal from the vvwap engine unlike AMZN other wise i would have longed it but all evidence was pointing at rally.

The problem was would i wish to take the risk and make a killing based on relative strength ? I decided not to take the trade because i can make the same amount of money 2morrow after the open so why should I take the risk ?

AKAM was down $2 ish just before close and had I taken the trade I would have been up $4 2morrow. i'e for 1000 shares I would have made $4000

I regret not taking the LONG TRADE but i have made 10K in two days so i am happy with what I got .

One more thing .. when YHOO fell it fell $6 and I had a feeling AMZN would fall around the same amount hence the risk would justify the trade.
Grey1

Grey1, Thx for the explanation. Just for clarification for this board you say there was a large buyer but at lower price....... don't MM hike up the price if they know there is demand for the stock., despite them knowing AKAM had some good news due to the relative strength yesterday?
Or are you saying if you have a big order, MM will bend over backwards to accomodate it at any price? $2 drop is a lot to accomdate a buyer don't you think? I am sure it was way below yesterday's VWAP.

Thx

gulam said:
Grey1, Thx for the explanation. Just for clarification for this board you say there was a large buyer but at lower price....... don't MM hike up the price if they know there is demand for the stock., despite them knowing AKAM had some good news due to the relative strength yesterday?
Or are you saying if you have a big order, MM will bend over backwards to accomodate it at any price? $2 drop is a lot to accomdate a buyer don't you think? I am sure it was way below yesterday's VWAP.

Thx

Part two is correct. Block trading is done via sell programs on behalf of institutions and it could be few MM's competing to beat the VWAP and as a result a fall of $2 which was not a lot. Every MM has access to what is knows as OMS ( order managment system software) which can beat the price down while crearting liquidity to fill large orders overriding their sell programs and this is where business becomes competetive. A MM which can out perfrom other MMs gets the next worm and the reputation of being VWAP BEATER.

Grey1

Grey1 said:
Hi Grey1,

AKAM didn't seem to be strong vs DJI in the opening 30mins. It was moving along with DJI. So I am puzzled..! Do you use RSI on daily data?

Attachments

• 060726_DJIvAKAM.jpg
    060726_DJIvAKAM.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 25
leovirgo said:
Hi Grey1,

AKAM didn't seem to be strong vs DJI in the opening 30mins. It was moving along with DJI. So I am puzzled..! Do you use RSI on daily data?
Leo

My man

you got ur date wrong . The day where AKAM was strong was 25th a not 26th and I did mention that . We donot measure the relative strength of any stock to index @ open any way .

Grey1

Grey1 said:
Leo

My man

you got ur date wrong . The day where AKAM was strong was 25th a not 26th and I did mention that . We donot measure the relative strength of any stock to index @ open any way .

Grey1
AKAM UP $6 .. OMG This would have been a 12000$ gain for me should I have taken the trade

Shoulda , coulda , woulda does not pay the billssssssssssss

I was so right on AKAM but the mysterious buyers yesterday took me off my rail

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Grey1 said:
AKAM UP $6 .. OMG This would have been a 12000$ gain for me should I have taken the trade

Shoulda , coulda , woulda does not pay the billssssssssssss

I was so right on AKAM but the mysterious buyers yesterday took me off my rail

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Advise

if you are thinking of swing trading AKAM donot trade it to day probably on Monday . Lets newbies to move in and pro's take their profit then you make your move

grey1

This is VWAP engine on fire, When every body was trying to jump the band wagon on AKAM Ijumped on the easy peasy KLAC trade with an awesome signal from VWAP engine

I am up $1485 in no timeeeeee

What can i say

Grey

Attachments

• 1485.jpg
    1485.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 29
  • tradesssssssssss.jpg
    tradesssssssssss.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 37
Grey1 said:
This is VWAP engine on fire, When every body was trying to jump the band wagon on AKAM Ijumped on the easy peasy KLAC trade with an awesome signal from VWAP engine

What can i say

Grey

I shorted KLAC and the same time when your were getting out. I made a little, but only to see it go down even further. Question: On the Times and sales window how do we know which is really a buy or sell tick? I tested this out real time. When I offered it out to go short, someone took my shares, on the T&S window it showed up as green.
Then when I placed a Bid and someone hit me, it showed up as green too?

Is there a correct way of identifying true buy and sell tick considering that MM are on both side?
Or can we out out there and buy or rent out an OMS (Order management system) that MM use?
You know like rent it from Esignal :)

gulam said:
I shorted KLAC and the same time when your were getting out. I made a little, but only to see it go down even further. Question: On the Times and sales window how do we know which is really a buy or sell tick? I tested this out real time. When I offered it out to go short, someone took my shares, on the T&S window it showed up as green.
Then when I placed a Bid and someone hit me, it showed up as green too?

Is there a correct way of identifying true buy and sell tick considering that MM are on both side?
Or can we out out there and buy or rent out an OMS (Order management system) that MM use?
You know like rent it from Esignal :)
gulum

My man you are my buddy but you are not trading correclty ?KLAC IS NOT A SHORT CANDIDATE

I mean no disrespect

Grey1

Grey1 said:
This is VWAP engine on fire,

Grey1, can you tell us when the VWAP engine is not on fire, does it ever overheat?

I was going thorough your KLAC trade, the signal was really good, I would have waited to buy on the break of yesterday's high which was at 40.91, but ppl like you have already brought and sold then brought again.

Quote " Question: On the Times and sales window how do we know which is really a buy or sell tick? "

You donot .. Ask this question on the main BB and you be getting some convincing answers LOL

The fact is you donot .. Analysing the T&$ trades is not going to lead you to an objective apprach to trading . Sell /Buy program have a delay mechanism that they data mine a LMT order and send the trade few seconds late to the exchange . As a result a perfect 5000K might not go through when it you need this info for your analysis

Been there done that seen that .
I have data mined myself

grey1

Grey1 said:
gulum

My man you are my buddy but you are not trading correclty ?KLAC IS NOT A SHORT CANDIDATE

I mean no disrespect

Grey1

I shorted at 41.49 and 41.54, my personal engine said it was struggling to go higher.... Pro traders like you are taking the meat of the trade, we just get the crumbs.

Any criticism on my trading is greatly appreciated as I and traders here can only can learn from it.
Just don't criticise my picture. :)

Any comments from Grey 1 or other pro traders here on Times and sales question would be greatly appreciated.

Grey1 said:
Quote " Question: On the Times and sales window how do we know which is really a buy or sell tick? "

You donot .. Ask this question on the main BB and you be getting some convincing answers LOL

The fact is you donot .. Analysing the T&$ trades is not going to lead you to an objective apprach to trading . Sell /Buy program have a delay mechanism that they data mine a LMT order and send the trade few seconds late to the exchange . As a result a perfect 5000K might not go through when it you need this info for your analysis

Been there done that seen that .
I have data mined myself

grey1

Then how does one take volume into consideration when trying to confirm a good entry? I thought it was done by looking at the ticks?
One might say look at the volume bars, but sometimes you see volume going up price goes up a little and then price falls, just like KLAC at 3.30pm......

Grey1 how do you calculate correct buy or sell volume when you take your trades?

Thx

Hi All. I have added a couple line of code to the VWAP indicator in an attempt to plot the Upper and Lower MPB bands but I am not convinced its showing me the same MPD 'values' which form part of many discussions on this thread. Could someone be kind enough to have a look at my TS2000i code below and let me know if/where I have gone wrong? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

inputs:
UpColor(Red),
DownColor(Blue);

vars:
Answer(0),
U_MPD (0),
L_MPD (0);

Answer = VWAP_H;
U_MPD = VWAP_H + ((highD(0)-lowD(0))/2);
L_MPD = VWAP_H - ((highD(0)-lowD(0))/2);

if AvgPrice >= Answer then
SetPlotColor(1,DownColor)
else
SetPlotColor(1,UpColor);

Plot1(Answer,"VWAP");
Plot2 (U_MPD,"Upper");
Plot3 (L_MPD,"Lower");

Grey1 said:

What can i say

Grey

KLAC have a conf call at 5pm (10pm uk) so is the rise too early for leakage? It will be interesting to see what happens to it nearer the close. This could be your engines 5k+ hat-trick grey1

Hi evostik,

I have just plotted your indicator on a chart (image attached). The upper chart is the indicator I am using, the lower one is yours. Looks fine to me.:cool:

Regards MarkB

Attachments

• evostik vwap.PNG
    evostik vwap.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 68