Greece may exit the Euro ?

UK is a part of Europe and the European Union. It seems as though you are talking about them as if they were separate. Do you mean less pain the "rest of Europe"?

UK has sterling and implemented QE and BoE sets interest rates her self.

EU has the ecu and ECB sets interest rates.

Key difference re: Money supply and policies pursued.

Governenment debt is the result of over-borrowing not under repaying!
Heeeey FµƆķ FąCe, looong time no speak!
Have you not found out what debt based fiat money (oooo sorry, I meant currency your highness) is yet?? :cheesy:

-----------------

Near all money is created through lending. For each £ / $ / whatever there is an equal and opposite amount of debt. In short were in debt by design, goverments too. Were all too busy being smart that we is too blind to see. A simple wealth transferral system that slowly peels the assets from our fine selves and lays them at the feet of our betters.

Greece could give its creditors the
6099-darktone-albums-general-picture3494-finger.jpg

... and create and manage its own sovereign money, wiv no debt to pay to nobody. No doubt Tsipras would have to dodge bullets for a bit (some of em real), but providing thems what wouldnt like it dont roll in looking for WMDs they should be ok, and the world would have to take notice.
Unless of course, were all too busy being smart! :smart:

Love and hugs to everybody :love::love::love:, except newtarder of course! :sneaky:... only joking nt.... no im not :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Quick apology to the mods for the previous post. Just thought Id get in there first. For once.. :innocent:

Here is an article outside of financial considerations as mentioned.

Russian Overture

Not to be under estimated.

I also feel this may be more significant to US interest against uncle Vladimir than with auntie Merkel in the EU? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If @darktone is done posting gibberish, then we can get back to intelligent debate. :smart:
Yep, nothing but gibberish from me. (y)

Heres a link to some gibberistic money creation debate. Well, at least until Andrea Leadsom opened her gob! These smart people!
I think nt might even give it a thumbs up with Steve Baker (co founder of the Cobden Centre) being the lead speakerrer.
Go'on, at least watch Steeves opening patter, you might learn something.

“You’ve got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” The lines spoken by Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry sprang to mind when the International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced that it had called its Greek negotiating team home from talks in Brussels.

The IMF’s message was short and brutal. There were still major differences between Greece and its creditors. There was no progress in narrowing those differences. The two sides were well away from an agreement.

So much, then, for the talk earlier this week that a deal is close. Shares across Europe surged on hopes that a resolution to the crisis was at hand, but that optimism was punctured by the news from Washington.
IMF spokesman Gerry Rice says there has been no progress in narrowing the gap between the views of Greece and the IMF.
The IMF, clearly, has had enough. It was unimpressed by Greece’s decision to bundle up all four of the debt repayments due this month and is frustrated by the unwillingness of Alexis Tsipras, the Greek prime minister, to cross its two “red line” issues – pensions and labour-market reform.

This, then, is the IMF holding the gun to Alexis Tsipras’s head. It feels like a pivotal moment, the point where the creditors are saying “take it or leave it” and the Greeks have to decide whether the IMF really means it.

Up until now, the view in Athens has been that the troika – made up of the IMF, the European Central Bank and the European commission – has been bluffing. The view has been that there is always room for a bit more haggling, always time to cut a better deal that would avoid the need to make the changes to pensions, VAT and collective bargaining being demanded in exchange for fresh financial assistance.

Greece has reached this conclusion for a number of reasons. It thinks European politicians will be wary of anything that might push Greece out of the single currency, because that would be a setback to the idea that Europe only ever moved forward. It believes that Angela Merkel will be willing to compromise for fear that a Grexit would push Tsipras into the willing arms of Vladimir Putin. And it is convinced that the reforms being demanded by the troika are wrong-headed and will impose more pain on a population that has suffered enough.

For their part, the creditors say Greece is not serious about reform, with the IMF noting that the Greek government is contributing 10% of GDP to pensions against an EU average of 2%. Put simply, they know Greece is running out of money and wants to stay in the euro.

They are fed up with Tsipras acting like he is the one holding the .44 Magnum and they are threatening to pull the trigger.

“You’ve got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” The lines spoken by Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry sprang to mind when the International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced that it had called its Greek negotiating team home from talks in Brussels.

They are fed up with Tsipras acting like he is the one holding the .44 Magnum and they are threatening to pull the trigger.

G8 article Pat, but I'm thinking is there any lead in that Magnum or is it just a sweet lolly on stick trying to tempt me. :rolleyes:

I quite like what someone said before on these blogs.

Default and forget my debt, get chummy with Vladimir and establish the Drachma.

At the mean time see what else I can get out of those blondies with blue eyes. :love::love:

Let Greece pally up with Russia. They will pull the Russian economy down that much faster imho
It didn't do the Maltese much good years ago.

Putin's ideas are 19th century imperialism. i.e. adding even more territory to an oversized lump of a mismanaged country. As the disparate parts prosper they will be agitating more for their freedom from the dead hand of Moscow.

Let Greece pally up with Russia. They will pull the Russian economy down that much faster imho
It didn't do the Maltese much good years ago.

Putin's ideas are 19th century imperialism. i.e. adding even more territory to an oversized lump of a mismanaged country. As the disparate parts prosper they will be agitating more for their freedom from the dead hand of Moscow.

Unfortunately, Russia, in the wrong hands, is a dangerous country to handle. Putin is "the wrong hands". If he can put a spoke into the EU's wheels, he will. Russian access into the Med, via Piraeus, would be a good start.

This is what US help to Greece is all about, really, Hitler put Germany back to work by making it a military power. "Affording it" does not come into the equation where this type of person is concerned.

Our long range concern shuold be how to get rid of Putin,, not how to get rid of Greece.

Unfortunately, Russia, in the wrong hands, is a dangerous country to handle. Putin is "the wrong hands". If he can put a spoke into the EU's wheels, he will. Russian access into the Med, via Piraeus, would be a good start.

This is what US help to Greece is all about, really, Hitler put Germany back to work by making it a military power. "Affording it" does not come into the equation where this type of person is concerned.

Our long range concern shuold be how to get rid of Putin,, not how to get rid of Greece.

The US is not going to pay the bill lest they be lynched. That's what the public would do if that happened and politicians care about their jobs too much. As you brits would say "sod Greece and the EU"! If the US pays, then they should make it a colony like Puerto Rico. Americans could use a hotspot in the mediterranean. Start shorting Greece now.

The US is not going to pay the bill lest they be lynched. That's what the public would do if that happened and politicians care about their jobs too much. As you brits would say "sod Greece and the EU"! If the US pays, then they should make it a colony like Puerto Rico. Americans could use a hotspot in the mediterranean. Start shorting Greece now.

I would not say no to that. I'd rather the Americans were there than anyone else, Don't make them into a nuclear power, though, like you did the Israelies, There are enough of those in the world, as it is.

Don't encourage the Americans or they will start bombing somebody.

I would not say no to that. I'd rather the Americans were there than anyone else, Don't make them into a nuclear power, though, like you did the Israelies, There are enough of those in the world, as it is.

Iran's nuclear program was also started by uncle Sam under Shah's rule...

Then there is India and Pakistan. :rolleyes:

One day it may rain nuclear bombs out of the sky... :eek: :cry: :-0

Poohey scarey that is...

Poohey scarey that is...

Only a matter of time. The US could have stopped other countries having nuclear bombs in 1949 but Truman was too feeble to lay down the law ! There is a rogue scientist who has given the know how to N. Korea, India and Pakistan for money ! He should have been stopped years ago but Clinton was too wet to stop him.

A new non proliferation treaty should be made to get rid of all of them.

Poohey scarey that is...

Yeah. I think that we had better go back to Greece,. That will be enough for this weekend.

Poohey scarey that is...

Yeah. I think that we had better go back to Greece,. That will be enough for this weekend.

:) Otherwise it will be two glasses of wine for dinner (or am I getting my threads crossed?)

Better still, we'd better have a good war somewhere and start a new bottle! :D

:) Otherwise it will be two glasses of wine for dinner (or am I getting my threads crossed?)

Haha quite correct yes and still sharp as a razor! (y)

Have to start calling you Mr Gillette.

That might be the second beer talking :drunk: