FX Trading May 21-25

Cable at 2.000 and above will happen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am bullish on cable but 5 - 10 min charts showing exhaustion and some retrace.

Short @ 1.9858. SL @ 1.9878

Target 1.9838.

Got stopped out. - 20

Not a good day today. 1 good and 2 bad trades.

Trending days

I am so tempted to short this now between 9880-9900 for a quick 20 pips but I must resist and stick to the strategy which has yielded 100pips on the 1st half and the trailers are 150+ pips.

:) this is going into head trip land, clipped out on my short, I want to sell still, but 1.99 might be a psyche mental zone. So waiting a bit.

Tell you what its not quite showing on my charts, but I might go for a long break of 1.9900, not here yet and the price hopefully will be 80 odd, but if it comes in, i'll have to position long. i'll post it if.

[out of play, and paper-trading]

do days like these make you re-evaluate your plans?
do you think of "what I might have got" as opposed to "what I got"?

how soon before we get the plethora of "I made 150 pips in one day using my super-system" posted all over the place?

just about any system would have got good results - but how many will ask "how often do these days occur?" ?

how soon before we get the plethora of "I made 150 pips in one day using my super-system" posted all over the place?

just about any system would have got good results - but how many will ask "how often do these days occur?" ?

Hi Trendie,

Good questions.

No. You cant be expected to change your tried and tested methods because the market has a funny turn once in a while.

No. It must be taken as it is. “I lost today”

Well we will get for sure the “I made brigade” after 5 pm. and usually from the other side of the Atlantic.

In my experience, you will likely see this type of action 2 or 3 times a month. If anyone should ask…

hmm, no they make me think, evaluate my perfromance, took early profits from 59 to 814, still showing huge bull trend, held 810 easy. what I was "thinking" was hmm 50% of atr14 range (profit) . consider longs on pullbacks, to 1.9770/80, therefore be humble and accept 814, see what happens after lunch. But it kept on going up...... although my setup flagged conservative market exit from 19759, trend slowing 1.9860 odd, hence short, but that was just one of the 3 trends I monitor, so still p1ssing against the wind, with a short 1.9867, but.... I took it.

1 st. trade short. good, setup went short, 10/10
2 nd. reverse 1st took a loss, setup, took it good 10/10
exit at 814, thinking was involved, 6 for being prudent
2 for being an asshole.

3 rd. short 867 high risk "Iffy" not confirmed , 3/10 (2-1 against me)

net profits in the end despite 2 losses. overall performance 5/10. 6 maybe for being ready to position for 1.99 break(that aint coming), no matter its travelled 180 points.

Ive got to apoint were Im saitisfied with method, so its evaluaition of my performance trading it. whether a snarly range, or monster days.

managed to get 10pts on the eur short and so far 16pt on the yen.
cable went thro 5 resistance lines on my chart when usually 3 signals a reversal. still i should have waited till i saw the 'whites of their eyes' before firing. its now sitting bang on my 875 resistence line. it might come down to 850. will give it a bit longer.

Trendie,

here goes mine

How often do we get these days? not as often as before.

Evaluation of plan:
(good you posted your comments. Went to the park with my kid. lovely day to play in the water. I just used the time to think exactly what you asked)

Plan is good. dont mind it. gives its pips. Its a good ship. Problem is different.

Problem is the captain. Today the captain sank a small boat, but the missed profit is like sinking the titanic.

Captain had several inputs from the crew.

1) wolfe wave yesterday
2) Yesterdays moaning of not seeing any shorts.
3) Believe it or not, the inverted HS was in my charts, decided to ignore
4) Another member calls the inverted HS....
5)Enter a short and a stop exactly at the neckline.....

err.....the signals where there. So the ship is good. The captain needs a break. And needs enhanced discipline. And needs to separate an opinion from analysis.

So there you go. My performance today is simply unaceptable. this is what i do. I cant do mistakes like that. cant afford to.

EDIT: Forgot to add. If I were my boss, I would fire me. Problem is I cant fire myself. So need to sort it out.

Anyway, good day all.

J

Got stopped out. - 20

Not a good day today. 1 good and 2 bad trades.

In my view no trade is bad unless you have not stuck to your original plan. You may get losing trades but that does not mean they were bad trades. By the same token you can have profitable trades that are bad because the original plan was not adhered to.

Paul

Yes agree, 100% but our plans, are we 100% ?

In my view no trade is bad unless you have not stuck to your original plan. You may get losing trades but that does not mean they were bad trades. By the same token you can have profitable trades that are bad because the original plan was not adhered to.

Paul

I think for some a lot has to do with, a deeper knowing of not being entirely happy that the system being used is likely not one that mirrors the intention of the market . ie although its a system that we can bang away with, and hey look its net profitable, some people , would like to seek a deeper understanding for the reason of price behaviour and create the system that delivers true to the market dynamics.

In short a system with logic that makes sense. And yes to pilot that if its manual human execution of signals, the trader may have suffered many a knock back (emotional trauma in a live environment) on route to obtaining the logical system which fits with the / a markets nature. If we understand the essence of the market and can build that into a system, the systems results will indicate higher probabilty trades of risk worth assuming.

Now we read from time to time that a system should be tailored to our own method personality in some way, why ? what sense of that if its no sense in the market ? just open questions.

So i think, in short, we have to sense that the system makes sense, and a lot of people know it really doesnt. Journey onwards, until it does?

CB.

Post it here too I, think its relevant.

Re the above, how many are happy with their plans today ? I think this can cause a hell of a lot of indecision until we get to the point of ,just worrying about our performance executing them.

well, shorted euryen from 163.94. stop at the other side of the figure. lets see if it gives something.

And hopefully, this will give the move:cheesy:
Edit: Im not greedy. but 300 pips will do. I am writin off already 20 pips on this trade, so will come back tomorrow to see what happened. good i didnt buy a lucky dip today. lol.

BULLET: EURO-YEN: "If you blinked you missed it," says one...
EURO-YEN: "If you blinked you missed it," says one trader of the
euro-yen to Y164.02, noting there was no follow-through despite weak
talk of stops behind. Trader says expiry of barrier strikes at Y164.00
may have removed the bulk of the stop risk above Y164.00 and with euro
backtracking now, weak longs may just bail on the lack of
follow-through.

Provided by: Market News International

Last edited:

It's not so much that I evaluate my trading plan - I trade over-night so it's not affected by it. However I do think about "what I might have got". This has more to do with not being able to trade due to my current work contract and wishing I was working from home and in front of the PC.

BUT - and this is a big BUT - I also end up thinking about "what I might have lost" should I have been on the wrong side of todays trend. :eek: :eek: :eek: and this sort of settles it.

Always remember that there will be plenty more trades like those of today - and in those famous words "after all tomorrow is another day."

cable got out at 851 for 20 loss which is not as bad as it looked at one point. 850 looks like support now or everyone is watching football...

stopped out for -30. -51 for the day. I have one more short order filled at 9866 (stop at 9916, target 9766) and if this is a loser I´ll take tomorrow off (in my trading plan, 3 consecutive losers reauires a full day to evaluate and sit on the sidelines)

Despite getting hit for 2 consecutive losses this morning, this trade is currently +9 making me glad that I stuck to my system and didnt pull my orders.

well, shorted euryen from 163.94. stop at the other side of the figure. lets see if it gives something.

ok, wolfie wolfie on euroyen, and i am now moving to BE. have the option to close now for +23, but will wait and see. Dont want Tokio Joe to think he can make the break of 164 :LOL:

targets on pattern are 162.25 by Friday afternoon. will see tomorrow if im still in.

evening..
j

PS I really hate shorting this currency. its like shorting the dow on a swinger. :p

Attachments

• wolfie euroyen.gif
    wolfie euroyen.gif
    19 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Buy trade for tonight.

In at 1.9859/62 - may be a little premature - but I'm shattered, so off to bed now.

Will be around at 7.40am to see if I'm in profit or not.

stopped out for -30. -51 for the day. I have one more short order filled at 9866 (stop at 9916, target 9766) and if this is a loser I´ll take tomorrow off (in my trading plan, 3 consecutive losers reauires a full day to evaluate and sit on the sidelines)

Still holding this short from 9866,Stop at 9916, TP1 9766. The breakout of the 9855-9895 range will be crucial imho.