FX Trading July 2nd > July 6th

Cable closed at 2.0089 on Friday. Will it..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is everyone on meta trader? can you use it for free on demos?

I only use it as demo.
its charting is great.
and you can program / test Expert Advisors for automated trading.
(they have competitions for such things as well)

right, 60 mins to go to main aussie news. gone long AUDJPY @105.00....30 point stop

thought i missed it, went out to have a very late lunch and just got back (730 pm local)

Edit: 105.00 on the bid...sorry.

Last edited:
does anyone know how to reset the time on NorthFinances charts?
my 7-pm bar is showing as 21:00.
(this affects my 4-hr bars)
thanks

my comment is probably off topic, but you know trendie, this particular case you mention, actually relates big time with that candlestick thread and price reading. also download, say www.interbankfx.com and compare the 4 hr charts......the difference one sees.

my 2+2 tequilas + 2 rum and cokes.............by now
j

GBPUSD (Cable)

Currently at 2.0170. IMO, it may attempts to reach 2.0200 level very soon.

mmm, how high is cable gonna go ?? still bullish ,this sums it up

Sterling hits 26 year high against the dollar at 2.0187.

:p

thanks Jacinto, re: blended 4-hr bars/times.

JillyB: whats your take on Delta so far?
you were anticipating a sell-off, and my daily-Delta has missed 2 consecutive turning points, which is unusual, even though I cant do it properly.
clearly, you trade what you see, but this overlaying of sell-off expectations made me wary of buying cable, and look what happened!

thanks also to Pharox; I am now on FXDD for my charts.

have a good day, guys.
(I am off picking corn flowers today)

thanks Jacinto, re: blended 4-hr bars/times.

JillyB: whats your take on Delta so far?
you were anticipating a sell-off, and my daily-Delta has missed 2 consecutive turning points, which is unusual, even though I cant do it properly.
clearly, you trade what you see, but this overlaying of sell-off expectations made me wary of buying cable, and look what happened!

thanks also to Pharox; I am now on FXDD for my charts.

have a good day, guys.
(I am off picking corn flowers today)

Yes, the continuing uptrend has totally thrown me with the market matrix. Their newsletter for the July isn't out yet - I've just checked the website - but I'm eager to see what they make of it and how they explain it because in the newsletter of 16th June the turn points were clearly anticipated. If the 22nd June was the last high, then the next low must have come very, very early on the 27th June and we are now back in an uptrend until around 5th July.

Fortunately for my overnight trading - I don't take Delta into account, I just trade my system.

I have a short signal, but Im a long way off an entry price, so just monitoring at the moment.

May try a 10 pip straddle again at the 9.30 minor news.

Holding short with gritted teeth unless it goes over 210.

well phil, according to my setup its rolled over and we should have an attempt at lower prices around about now.....

nice old scrap zone between 160-175, Hope im not sat here saying around about now for next 8 hours odd :)

Last edited:
well phil, according to my setup its rolled over and we should have an attempt at lower prices around about now.....

nice old scrap zone between 160-175, Hope im not sat here saying around about now for next 8 hours odd :)
I think that the high for today might have been achieved at 20190tish and the upward sentiment is loosing momentum, apart of the rates issue, which might bring temporary surprise

+ 12 exit short there 2.0154.5, agressive longs flagged. still a short bias, waiting for next entry short.

I think that the high for today might have been achieved at 20190tish and the upward sentiment is loosing momentum, apart of the rates issue, which might bring temporary surprise

mm, yeah 26 year highs might be a good place to pause for thought until the rates are out, couple of bloomberg guys expected general dollar weakness to continue though looking ahead this year.

Still hoping cable will retrace about another 100 points soon(ish).