FX Trading July 2nd > July 6th

Cable closed at 2.0089 on Friday. Will it..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1500 BST USA ISM index -

Well the odds seem similar to any kind of toss-up -

What do you reckon - GBPUSD will go up, down, or stay at this same price level:?:

good question. this is what i get from my charts.

a) april hi not taken today.....yet
b) daily close of april high at 2.0086 identical to Friday´s close

my taking is that as much as the downside seems like a remote possibility at the moment, it really shouldnt be taken for granted, and there is the door open for a surprise.

Edit: translation........daily close below 2.0086 today, could signal a double top

my 2 tequila shots :cheesy: :cheesy:

Attachments

• double top.gif
    double top.gif
    15 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
anybody else having MT-04 probs.
I have got no connection and an "old version" error.

its a demo account, so wonder if it has expired, but there was no warning.

Mines fine. Largely depends on which demo account provider u r using. None of my demos have ever expired though yet, despite the supposed 12 day/ 30 day etc. demo period.....

good question. this is what i get from my charts.

a) april hi not taken today.....yet
b) daily close of april high at 2.0086 identical to Friday´s close

my taking is that as much as the downside seems like a remote possibility at the moment, it really shouldnt be taken for granted, and there is the door open for a surprise.

Edit: translation........daily close below 2.0086 today, could signal a double top

my 2 tequila shots :cheesy: :cheesy:

Thanks for the chart illustr. Jacinto.

I can look at the calendars, look at the forecast levels, judge what should happen if the result is in line or out of line with the forecast until I'm blue in the face.

But then (after the initial post news spikes - which are usually in line with what should have happened, given that result) the complete opposite to what the fundamentals say should happen, can & does happen, making any predictions, and the relationship between the fundamentals and what ACTUALLY happens to price, a very sketchy one.

Therefore I suppose the lesson is to not let it stress me, and just see & accept whatever the outcome is.

Last edited:
OK, Orders in at 090 (Short) and 115 (Long)..here's hoping!

Which server? north Finance, Alpari??

im on the other side from 17 stop at your target, and target sub 90.

good luck. i must say I am playing against the odds

j

31-32 seems pivotal = resistance or (potentially big/quick) breakout up :idea: .
Another whipsaw nightmare of a day on 60m charts.

yep, hence the stop. dont find the long convincing, hence the short.

It'll probably hit 131/132 (and all the SL's), then find resistance and reverse back towards 100:devilish: !

But EURUSD strong up move of today = good encouragment for cable to follow.......

Last edited:
It'll probably hit 131/132 (and all the SL's), then find resistance and reverse back towards 100:devilish: !

But EURUSD strong up move of today = good encouragment for cable to follow.......

yep, correct, but look at eurgpb, and that could bring cable down. risky bet on my end.

+20.3 exit long 2.0123.5, charts ceasing up since 116, so running for the hills, reboot and cup of tea. :)

Which server? north Finance, Alpari??

just downloaded NorthFinances MT-4 version.
need to look tor e-register, as I'm not getting the DJI on NorthFin.
writing off today, as need to get my Hulls set on up on new directories.

err did that just gap 28 points higher ? might be my charts buggering about still, last price shown on mine was 2.0113 then next mark 2.0140 ?

my charts are still mullered still showing 140.. looks like im done for day , cant use these charts at the mo......

err did that just gap 28 points higher ? might be my charts buggering about still, last price shown on mine was 2.0113 then next mark 2.0140 ?

my charts are still mullered still showing 140.. looks like im done for day , cant use these charts at the mo......

i didnt get a gap, but did get two 1 minute bars particularly large.....similar to what happens on a news announcement.