FX Trading July 2nd > July 6th

Cable closed at 2.0089 on Friday. Will it..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
err did that just gap 28 points higher ? might be my charts buggering about still, last price shown on mine was 2.0113 then next mark 2.0140 ?

my charts are still mullered still showing 140.. looks like im done for day , cant use these charts at the mo......

the 3.50-3.52pm bar shows a 24pip move up

Yesterday I said it would get to about 0150 then go back to test $2, so I just felt obliged to put my money where my mouth is and went short. Now let's see it gap to 200...

i didnt get a gap, but did get two 1 minute bars particularly large.....similar to what happens on a news announcement.

cheers jacinto, using VT charts, only 1 chart open, so shouldnt be problems with processor being sucked dry.... but you just cant trust them when they dont move but a price quote is.....

cheers ... Im gonna have a snoofter now...... bottoms up in mexico.... :p

here's a 144 tick chart showing the offending bar :LOL:

Attachments

• cable 020707 144 ticks.GIF
    cable 020707 144 ticks.GIF
    53.5 KB · Views: 156
Yesterday I said it would get to about 0150 then go back to test $2, so I just felt obliged to put my money where my mouth is and went short. Now let's see it gap to 200...

well, that was an excellent call. im shorting again from 35, 25 pip stop, last trade.

edit: cheers CB, looking forward to trade AUDJPY overnight on aussie news.:p

well, that was an excellent call. im shorting again from 35, 25 pip stop, last trade.

Thanks, jac. I'd like to think it was made through deep insight and skill, but I know it was really just luck! My stop's at 175, in case we have another spiky surprise.

yeah well held phil. I sticking short term, suits me better i think. I get miffed seeing moves against longer positions.... :) really miffs me off, so not gonna bugger about with the longer holds.

But now I remember gammer jammer not knowing any good reason to be able to long or short against the same currency at the same time same account etc...

well i kin do,,,, if you got a long on from say 1.9940 you can then trade all the humps against and with the position on the same pair.... :p

just thought i'd pop that here, popped into my head last friday.....

cheers ...

50% of size taken at 134 for +20. Remaining 50% looking for 154 with 15 pip trailing stop.

Greed has gotten the better of me..closed out remianing 5 lots at 164 for +50 i.e. +35 for full trade.

+52 for the day..so that's me done. I'd like to claim some great superior knowledge of the market, but as I said before the trade, it was a simple 10 pip straddle that worked this time (how many times does it not work and you get whipped both ends!)

Last edited:
nice zuke,

im out again. :eek: seems im not taking the paper trading today too serious, or making to many mistakes.

will play the audyen tonight. lets see if that skins me again or not.

j

nice zuke,

im out again. :eek: seems im not taking the paper trading today too serious, or making to many mistakes.

j

I cant paper trade....I find it really tough to trade if there's no money on the table

I cant paper trade....I find it really tough to trade if there's no money on the table

tell me, just did it today several times. when there is money on the table, there is different focus. that is for sure. will keep the plan of papertrading this week, but will review today how to approach it better. it really was my decision to do it like that this week, and will stick to it, but will review the plan.

nice trades zuke, you cleaned the overnight loss quite nicely. well done

j

nice zuke,

j

Bad luck. Don't like the look of it so far, but my stop was missed by about 3 pips, so still hanging in.

Just something to think about - seeing as it's Independence day in the US this week.

In the last 10 years the day after Independence day (next trading day if it was a weekend) has always been a bear candle on the Cable, except for 1997 when it was a doji. So in the last 10 years we have not had a bull candle and dollar weakness on the day after 4th July celebrations. Interesting! :eek:

what with all the low volatility on cable, I looked at EURJPY today!

took 3 shorts, just bailed out at b/e after all that hassle, and cable is storming.

frustrating.
(but I did take 5 pips on DAX)

does anyone know how to reset the time on NorthFinances charts?
my 7-pm bar is showing as 21:00.
(this affects my 4-hr bars)
thanks

+1.6 closed short, very happy to rid of it.... :)

cya tomoz.

2.0159.4 exit price, mini drift higher from here?

Last edited: