FX Trading July 2nd > July 6th

Cable closed at 2.0089 on Friday. Will it..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Took 5 lots at 20096 for +20 and let remaining 5 lots run with 25 pip trailing stop.

Hit my trailing stop at 20103 for + 27. +7 for the day. No trade now until after the news

exit short -6 mini whipping :) long 2.0106

+2.2, held full max, and that be the result, waiting for another long I think,

Last edited:
going for a quick short...20114, Stop 20134, Target 20084

morning all, (too early for me at the time......5 30 am)

wonder what made you take that one zuke, i got in at the same price, same stop and same target :eek: (paper on my end, this week is paper only for me)

j

edit: also short eurusd from 3580 20 pip stop, 30 pip target
Edit2: stop on eurusd now to -10, cable to BE

Last edited:
Hi

don't forget - 4th July US public holiday. Perhaps this will lead to some thinness/gaps/big moves in the USD pairs :idea:?

morning all, (too early for me at the time......5 30 am)

wonder what made you take that one zuke, i got in at the same price, same stop and same target :eek: (paper on my end, this week is paper only for me)

j

edit: also short eurusd from 3580 20 pip stop, 30 pip target
Edit2: stop on eurusd now to -10, cable to BE

hi J..I took it due to the doji that formed on the 30..hence it was just a quick scalp. I was confident that it would run down to the 80's...it didnt quite hit my target so I took 20093 in the end for +20 on half the size and now I have the other half running to target or break even

EDIT: Stopped out at break even so +10 on total trade. +17 for the day. not bad I guess.

Last edited:
hi J..I took it due to the doji that formed on the 30..hence it was just a quick scalp. I was confident that it would run down to the 80's...it didnt quite hit my target so I took 20093 in the end for +20 on half the size and now I have the other half running to target or break even

hi zuke, wise man on the profit taking. im still in, same target, but stop BE. moreless the same rationale for my trade. great minds.....

nice trade BTW

j

edit: stopped out on eurusd for -10

hi zuke, wise man on the profit taking. im still in, same target, but stop BE. moreless the same rationale for my trade. great minds.....

nice trade BTW

j

edit: stopped out on eurusd for -10
Jacinto, hope you are having a great time. In the UK one doesnt have to go into the bathroom anymore to get a quality shower.This cable short has been a great entry, the power of candle patterns on intraday is a formiable tool. Pitty I have missed it, though I shall catch the other moves. Have a great rest and enjoy your break ( if it is a break indeed).

Jacinto, hope you are having a great time. In the UK one doesnt have to go into the bathroom anymore to get a quality shower.This cable short has been a great entry, the power of candle patterns on intraday is a formiable tool. Pitty I have missed it, though I shall catch the other moves. Have a great rest and enjoy your break ( if it is a break indeed).

thanks 2BE, just got stopped out BE, should have done what zuke did, but well. Im paper trading this week as i dont have access (didnt want to get access) to my platform, but using a demo.

came for a wedding, so that should be fun. had a nighmare getting to my flight on friday as i forgot my mobile, didnt know what was going on with security at heathrow, and i am dark skinned and had a beard, so got a bit of abuse if you know what i mean.

the tequila is flowing.

thanks again.

j

Ok..Im going to atttempt something new..20 pip straddle placed 30 second before the news...see what happens.

Last edited:
Hi Jacinto, trading demo can be a valuable excersise, if taken seriously it can save a fortune to the discerning trader. Being stopped in a real trade is also a lesson, and providing the stops are related to small losses, it shall make one ready to get sizable gains. Sorry to hear about your Friday experience. Tequila is good, and as with the alcochol, one should never drink it in small quantities, and never below 40 volts. As they say in mother Russia "if it doesnt flame, dont drink it!!!!" Seriously have a great time, meeting your friends and/or family. I am back to study more of Delta, it is fascinating. Have a great time.

absolutely, demo trading has excellent lessons, if taken seriously. I´m trying to sort out my management of stops, which is where i see my largest weakness, so in reality my target for the week is not profitability on its own, but improving stop management. however, i think i should modify the goal a bit, and it should have profitability as a target too.

will follow the russian advice, and light up....a couple of cigars. lol.

good luck with the Delta

1500 BST USA ISM index -

Well the odds seem similar to any kind of toss-up -

What do you reckon - GBPUSD will go up, down, or stay at this same price level:?: