FX 2007 > Week 26 - 30 Mar

News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters
Of course I meant 1.9650...but I'm out now as I can only see this going higher but having made a bit today don't want to give it all back. Good luck 29....

Another tricky day today. Lost a little, made a little more and I'm giving up now until tomorrow. I really can't see there being any big moves (famous last words). Good evening guys

Sitting and watching now. Don't expect a lot of action but I am now just about maxed out on pound and swissie all in favour of US$. Just have to watch in case I see something I don't like.

Well last night I closed and reversed my long position in the USDJPY at 8pm est for a net profit of 35 pips! Today I am now short, and up 32 pips.....I will be glad to take these medium profits, if they stay consistant. That is a huge if though.

Uphios said:
Sitting and watching now. Don't expect a lot of action but I am now just about maxed out on pound and swissie all in favour of US$. Just have to watch in case I see something I don't like.
Cable on daily has formed Rising Three Methods candle formation with yesterday's close on CMC charts. Yesterday,s close has not been penetrated, but I think the lower and upper boundaries set up by this pattern are holding. On daily the MACD histogram is contracting, signalling lost of the momentum upwards CCI, RSI and Stochastic are in agreement with the histogram, though ADX at 27-nish is still too high to relay too much on Stochastic. For the next day or two BB bands on daily should give me a map to get in and out on a smaller time frame with agreement of the price patterns, indicators, pivot points and daily range. Because of the above we might still see the move up, so tight SL. Shorting might be a good option, but the momentum in any case shall be monitored closely to avoid being on the wrong side.

2be said:
Cable on daily has formed Rising Three Methods candle formation with yesterday's close on CMC charts. Yesterday,s close has not been penetrated, but I think the lower and upper boundaries set up by this pattern are holding. On daily the MACD histogram is contracting, signalling lost of the momentum upwards CCI, RSI and Stochastic are in agreement with the histogram, though ADX at 27-nish is still too high to relay too much on Stochastic. For the next day or two BB bands on daily should give me a map to get in and out on a smaller time frame with agreement of the price patterns, indicators, pivot points and daily range. Because of the above we might still see the move up, so tight SL. Shorting might be a good option, but the momentum in any case shall be monitored closely to avoid being on the wrong side.
My 'close the lot' stops are 9729 on cable and 2113 on swissie. Came within a point on swissie earlier. Should either or both get hit I will have to re-think the situation, probably stand aside and see what happens to 750 on cable. I don't think they will get hit and look forward to 525, then 613 then 400!

Morning
cable trading in a narrow range the last few days

looking to be short from 625
and long from 670

may trade the usd /jap today ,as there is a bit more movement

Mike

My thoughts almost exactly on cable Hornblower. For some time now I have been trading EUR/JPY as well as cable because of the volatility is farily high and yet spreads are still relatively narrow

Morning all

On a v short term basis looking for range to hold a little longer - long at 31 stop 21 target 61

Current account from +10bn to -12bn, that's pushing on for 1bn per day loss. Makes the US economy look positively healthy!