Full time trading does it really pay

Hi Fayalac,

I am employed, but all the sailors will be in the pub until 11.30 so there's no point in me going down the docks just yet. And yes, I do have a girlfriend, but the pump is broken, so I've got to find something else to do at the moment.

Seriously, are you surprised that people don't believe your claims? Can you honestly not see how they might be thinking that everything doesn't quite stack up?

You know what?, i really feel tired of these, these guys think i am trying to sell them something and they are arguing as if i were trying to get their money.
By the other hand, if they do not believe in the markets, i insist what the hell are they doing here?.

I am not surprisded for some guys reaction - idiosts exist all arround the world -, what really impress me is the fact that they are in these site trying to find a key to something and instead listening and making wise or at least intelligent questions they simply disqualify everything just because it doesnt fit their standards.

But well, we all make our own destiny. :smart:

You know what?, i really feel tired of these, these guys think i am trying to sell them something and they are arguing as if i were trying to get their money.
By the other hand, if they do not believe in the markets, i insist what the hell are they doing here?.

I am not surprisded for some guys reaction - idiosts exist all arround the world -, what really impress me is the fact that they are in these site trying to find a key to something and instead listening and making wise or at least intelligent questions they simply disqualify everything just because it doesnt fit their standards.

But well, we all make our own destiny. :smart:

Fair enough, I'm sure you're not trying to sell anything. And I'm not having a go at you in any way.

Those are pretty jaw-dropping returns though, and people will wonder. There are plenty of Walter Mittys on here claiming to be profitable traders(I'm not saying that you are one of them, just that people will struggle to believe returns of that magnitude, taking so little risk, without a strong and coherent case backing them up).

I've just come home from the cinema. To tell the truth, after what you posted to DT, earlier, I'm surprised that you are still here. :LOL:

Some years ago i used to be teacher at a local university and one day i made them an exam, it was very easy but extremelly confussing, i ask them to copy from their other mates, to work as a team, to check their books, to do whatever they wanted to do all iwanted was a solution, i also gaved them 1 week to solve it, at the end only one student could solve it, she found it extremelly confussing - as everyone else - but took one afternoon to think about it, then she called her brither who was also a CPA and together they could solve about 80% of the questions i was making.

It was a group of 25 students and she made worth - for me - to be wasting my time trying to teach them something, its the same here.

I taugth i could help someone and i tried, as you saw many pleople here does not believe on what they try to do, but if there was an advice which can be helpfull for someone, only one person and i dont care who, then my time was worth.

By the other hand i was having some fun. :p

We all want a piece of the limelight. Why else do you think I behave like this :LOL:?

I've figured out his trading strategy, and his profit. His Profit is based on what he's closed not what he has open, so on an average week he could have closed 300 pips in profit, but he's running 600 pips of losses. So many clients do this. I actually had one client call up once saying how comes if i open two positions in the same currency pair, i can't choose to close the position in profit, because it closes first in first out.

Mystery Solved. Hey my fajita loving friend. Am i right? Or am i right?

Last edited:
Ah, that's the Medbs strategy.

Ok, so let's say his trading has a 90% chance of making money in a particular week (which is ridiculously high). The odds of going 52 weeks in succession with no losing weeks is 0.9^52 = 0.4%.

Now, 90% chance of making money is a nonsense figure, of course. Let's assume he has a very, very good strategy which somehow has a 70% chance of making money in a week. Then the chance of 52 weeks without loss is 0.7^52 = zero.

So, fayalac, sorry, but I don't believe you when you say that you've had 52 successive profitable weeks.

I've figured out his trading strategy, and his profit. His Profit is based on what he's closed not what he has open, so on an average week he could have closed 300 pips in profit, but he's running 600 pips of losses. So many clients do this. I actually had one client call up once saying how comes if i open two positions in the same currency pair, i can't choose to close the position in profit, because it closes first in first out.

That is not my strategy, and your client or hes account must be in the USA.
Keep thinking, you migth be near.

Ok, so let's say his trading has a 90% chance of making money in a particular week (which is ridiculously high). The odds of going 52 weeks in succession with no losing weeks is 0.9^52 = 0.4%.

Now, 90% chance of making money is a nonsense figure, of course. Let's assume he has a very, very good strategy which somehow has a 70% chance of making money in a week. Then the chance of 52 weeks without loss is 0.7^52 = zero.

So, fayalac, sorry, but I don't believe you when you say that you've had 52 successive profitable weeks.

If you were my fiancee, i would be worried, but sorry i´m straigth

wrong buddu!!!! :cheesy:

If you knew something about probability and statistics you would understand how improbable your conclussion is, migth i recomend you a tect book?

That is not my strategy, and your client or hes account must be in the USA.
Keep thinking, you migth be near.

Nah some Mexican dude. Claims to make 30%+ a month. Do you know him? That is your strategy dude. You said you let trades run 600 points offside. That would more than likely take over a week to happen, as the average weekly trading range on the majority of currency pairs is below that.

Theres only one way you can make 300 pips a week guaranteed. Hitting off market prices.

Nah some Mexican dude. Claims to make 30%+ a month. Do you know him? That is your strategy dude. You said you let trades run 600 points offside. That would more than likely take over a week to happen, as the average weekly trading range on the majority of currency pairs is below that.

Theres only one way you can make 300 pips a week guaranteed. Hitting off market prices.

No, come on, is that all you got?, you are a legendary member, i am sure you can do better tahn that....(n)