Full time trading does it really pay

It has to be said that there are some people here willing to inspect EVERY rainbow just in case one of them actually has a pot of gold at the end but most people here are a tad more savvy than that.

Some? I doubt that very much DT, especially when you look at the stats below and compare it to how many people are actually actively posting. I’d say the greatest majority of people who visit this site just want to find somebody that will tell them exactly what and when to buy, and exactly what and when to sell. This is why 'system' and 'set-up' threads attract the most attention, no contest.

ie/Currently Active Users: 615 (124 members and 491 guests)

Actually - it's 1000 pips a week. :rolleyes:

Honestly - if his living expenses weren't so high, he'd be a squillionaire...

With all due respect, I don't think anyone is debating whether it is difficult to make 100 pips a week. It's not.

I think people are a little skeptical that you can make 60% a week risking 0.3% per trade which sounds, I have to say, completely ludicrous.

I can't quite get the 0.3% thing either. Based on the quote below he should push the boat out and risk 1% and make 180% per week if the chance of having a single trade fail is 1 in 1,000.

the times my method will fail - statistically - will be 1 out 1000 times i enter into a position

I can't quite get the 0.3% thing either. Based on the quote below he should push the boat out and risk 1% and make 180% per week if the chance of having a single trade fail is 1 in 1,000.

He said he risks 0.3% but if it goes 600 pips against him he loses 18%, but he makes it back. I dont think he understand what risking 0.3% means.

There seems to be some deliberate obfuscation between percentage and pips.. he originally reported his return in %, then later insisted it was all about the pips.

Can I just ask, those of you who count your return in pips, do you bet precisely the same amount per pip every time?

Black Swan, your point about needing to be a little bit obsessed.. agree with that, this is not a job in the traditional sense where you're just clocking face time. It's more of an obsessive hobby with potentially life changing results (be they good or bad).

You can try yourself....
I just wonder what happens if i have to accept another loss of 600 pips?

There seems to be some deliberate obfuscation between percentage and pips.. he originally reported his return in %, then later insisted it was all about the pips.

Can I just ask, those of you who count your return in pips, do you bet precisely the same amount per pip every time?

Black Swan, your point about needing to be a little bit obsessed.. agree with that, this is not a job in the traditional sense where you're just clocking face time. It's more of an obsessive hobby with potentially life changing results (be they good or bad).

I bet precisely the same amount per pip every time along the week, when the next week starts then i set the investment amount for these week, it has a simple logic.

- HIPOTETICALL -

I WILL SKIP SOME DETAIL I HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE
1- I START THE WEEK WITH 2,000 USD
INVESTMENT PER ENTANCE 6.00
EACH PIP WON EQUALS 0.60
LETS SAY THROUGH THURSDAY I ALREADY MADE 1,000 PIPS SO MY ACCOUNT IN THAT MOMENT HAS 2,600 USD

2- THURSDAY NIGHT - REMEMBER I AM IN AMERICA - I SEE A GOOD OPPORTUNITY AND I DECIDE TO ENTER WITH 0.3% OF MY NEW EQUITY, SO I ENTER WITH 8.00 USD
LETS SAY ASSIAN MARKETS BECOME CRAZY BEFORE CLOSING AND EUROPEAN MARKETS FOLLOW THEM AND IT WAS AGAINST ME, SO AT MY 6:00 WHJEN I SKIP TO MY COMPUTER I HAVE ALREADY LOST 350 PIPS, THAT WOULD MEAN I HAVE LOST 280 USD WHICH EQUALS 466 PIPS WON AT A RATE OF 0.60

3- PROBABILITY LAW - ANITHING THAT CAN HAPPEN, WILL HAPPEN.

so let me get this right...

If someone makes outlandish claims, the smart people will ask how, not ask for verification, right?

Perhaps you and i have a different definition of the word 'smart'.

It has to be said that there are some people here willing to inspect every rainbow just in case one of them actually has a pot of gold at the end but most people here are a tad more savvy than that.

if that were the case, i wonder why dont they ask?, why dont you ask?.
I am an auditor, a lot of people everyday tell me many different things, the first i do is to ask then i verify.

At least is my logic.

I bet precisely the same amount per pip every time along the week, when the next week starts then i set the investment amount for these week, it has a simple logic.

- HIPOTETICALL -

EACH PIP WON EQUALS 0.60
LETS SAY THROUGH THURSDAY I ALREADY MADE 1,000 PIPS SO MY ACCOUNT IN THAT MOMENT HAS 2,600 USD

2- THURSDAY NIGHT - REMEMBER I AM IN AMERICA - I SEE A GOOD OPPORTUNITY AND I DECIDE TO ENTER WITH 0.3% OF MY NEW EQUITY, SO I ENTER WITH 8.00 USD
LETS SAY ASSIAN MARKETS BECOME CRAZY BEFORE CLOSING AND EUROPEAN MARKETS FOLLOW THEM AND IT WAS AGAINST ME, SO AT MY 6:00 WHJEN I SKIP TO MY COMPUTER I HAVE ALREADY LOST 350 PIPS, THAT WOULD MEAN I HAVE LOST 280 USD WHICH EQUALS 466 PIPS WON AT A RATE OF 0.60

usually when someone says they risk 0.3% on a trade they mean if the trade was to hit their stop ie. 500 pips I think in your case, then that amount is 0.3% of your account! ie.2000 x 0.003 = 6USD == 500 pips, so you need to bet 0.012USD per pip for a 0.3% risk trade !

What you've quoted above actually means you're risking 18% per trade, based on this usual trade risk definition.

- HIPOTETICALL -

EACH PIP WON EQUALS 0.60

All caps is considered shouting and is hard to read.

A moderate attempt at spell check is also easier on the reader's eyes.

if that were the case, i wonder why dont they ask?, why dont you ask?.
I am an auditor, a lot of people everyday tell me many different things, the first i do is to ask then i verify.

At least is my logic.

So - you make this huge return trading, yet you are still an employee?

Not only that, you are an Auditor in the US and yet your spelling is considerably worse than my 8 year old sons.

This really is the thread that just keeps giving, isn't it?

So - you make this huge return trading, yet you are still an employee?

Not only that, you are an Auditor in the US and yet your spelling is considerably worse than my 8 year old sons.

I am so confused.

His flag is the Mexican flag. I hover over it, it says Mexico.

Your flag is the US flag. When I hover over it, it says UK.

Who am I to believe. You or my eyes? :confused:

so - you make this huge return trading, yet you are still an employee?

Not only that, you are an auditor in the us and yet your spelling is considerably worse than my 8 year old sons.

1.- who said i was an employee?, i said i was an auditor and that does not mean i am working for someone else "wise guy".
2.- if you took some geography lessons you should know that america is a continent not a country.
3.- i said i was in america not in the united states of america
4.- for someone who calims to be very smart i think its weird you didnt noted the flag in my id, its from mexico, not usa, not a continent.
5.- most people here is from europe and australia, that was for them.
6.- last autumn i spent two months in europe, at two different countries, i was taking a long vacation and i was trying to live - by myself -, how different it could be to be trading at european time from our time, the first two weeks it was exciting, after then it was boring because i had noting else to do so i concluded i have to have another thing to do because i trade with long tf´s, wise guy

2.- america is a continent not a country.

If the US keeps going as it is, that will be true one day, sooner than people think. But at the moment, America is definitely still a country rather than a continent.

It's like Alice Cooper. Technically that's a band, but when people say "Alice Cooper" they're talking about Vincent Furnier, and not the random bunch of guys standing around behind him.

I am so confused.

His flag is the Mexican flag. I hover over it, it says Mexico.

Your flag is the US flag. When I hover over it, it says UK.

Who am I to believe. You or my eyes? :confused:

You haven't ever asked HC.

He's a flake, although it is interesting to see you haven't quite come to that conclusion yet.

if the us keeps going as it is, that will be true one day, sooner than people think. But at the moment, america is definitely still a country rather than a continent.

It's like alice cooper. Technically that's a band, but when people say "alice cooper" they're talking about vincent furnier, and not the random bunch of guys standing around behind him.

you are from england so you do not understand a lot of political and historical matters from the relationship between mexico and usa, any way, we have a lot, people i know, of people form the usa living illegally in mexico, and from the uk too, but these is not a political discussion site, lets focus on our matter.

Fayalac - employee or otherwise, as you are one of the greatest traders on the planet, it is rather dissapointing to us that you are still having to scrape a living in the 51st state checking people's paperwork.

Imagine my shock though, when I pulled up at McCormick & Schmicks in El Segundo the other day and who was doing the valet parking that night? Yup - Warren Buffet.

Not really.... it was a Mexican, of course. What else in LA?