FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Euro is testing support 1.1070s at the mo.

May try and take 1.1125 but I don't see it going much above that level for today.

Looking over-bought too.

PP - Level Calculations

This website is great for calculating them all.

Tested with Friday DAX; Open/Close/High/Low prices and here are the numbers with the formulas.

http://www.pivotpointcalculator.com/

(y)

Attachments

• PPs.GIF
    PPs.GIF
    141.7 KB · Views: 193
Hi Guys,

If you recall DuCaan was posting links and we asked him to create a thread of his own which may be better. Anyhow he has and I subscribed to it.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...ilities-nya-composite-charts.html#post2593054

They make an interesting comparison to 1987 crash from a technical charts view. Worth a read if anyone's interested. In fact if we head due South today along with China it may well be repeating the pattern like for like.

This is their website direct... http://marketchartpattern.com/indices/crash-of-1987-revisited-weekend-premiere-25-26-july-2015/

(y)

gold and eurusd rallied yet oil still down :(

After China 8% fall this is major MAJOR stuff, especially in light of 30% coming off highs.

Oil is excess supply over demand led so I'd pencil in $42 for a test.

Gold only rising as safety perhaps from market rout and expectations of more debt. However, no inflation and possibility of more deflation. So without inflation gold is not shining imo.

Euro like the dollar is a good currency imo. Grexit kicked down the road and even a 2% hit weakening the euro will benefit European industry.

Currency wars very much with us. Time to consolidate and put straps on. Expectation is for Wall street to follow China and I'm sure EU will too.

Short bias all the way from me... (n)

Time to stock up on toilet paper manufacturers... :idea:

EUR/USD - PP Levels

Euro looks like breaking out of a downward trend.

I still favour sideways move with a PP of 1.10 - with 1.12-1.08 range.

Thought the 2.14/5 attempts were premature with Grexit issues around the corner and still weakness in Euro countries like France, Spain and Italy.

I think it will hold 1.10 and build on it if going is good and test 1.05 levels if bad.

Can't see it reaching 1.14 levels again just yet. Gale force winds off the Atlantic and Pacific oceans heading our way very soon.

Things were looking so good the other day now it looks all pear shaped.

As I like to say - Life is a beach, learn to swim (y)

Attachments

• EURO_4H_150727_1138.GIF
    EURO_4H_150727_1138.GIF
    41.6 KB · Views: 148
DAX testin support @ 11110 - PP-S2

Looks over sold and a bounce may well be due for the US market open followed by another possible tank imo...

If PP-S2 @ 11110 fails we are looking at

PP-S3 @ 10942 as the next target. I think 11100 may be a bigger test to fall below but hey if China has taken 8% hit (lucky number for some Chinese) why not West take a 4% hit. That's seems fair to me. ;)

Attachments

• DAX_1H_150727_1234.GIF
    DAX_1H_150727_1234.GIF
    23.2 KB · Views: 152
cheese and pickle sandwich anyone ??
with a cup of Green tea ?

You doing any work today by the way Mr D?

You've gone from Tea and Biscuits straight to Pickle Sandwich with no interval post!

What's going on here then? :cheesy:

Wheheeyyy DAX has hit 11100

Need bulls to show up to the party or it's not going to be much of a party but more of a picnic... :idea:

if you trade channels..
we are at the bottom of the channel on 60 min candle
from 21st July
spx

a bit more detail

hsuow7.gif

downmoves got more intense from last Friday
2076/prev supp area

Last edited: