FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

luverly jubbly
no supports held..who cares

the perils of calling out levels
1 minute dax of Friday
virtually all the levels that were called did not hold...but as was said..who cares
if you follow the technical signals and just have levels as a guide

euiopg.gif

the market does not know that you are expecting support to come in at the 55 EMA....etc etc or that matter a trendline ie...anything that is calculated..fibs aswell

Those minor highs on the 23rd held, and the channel top. Surprising the 500 round figure didn't have more to say, but it seemed to have little effect on the 23 and 24th.

Attachments

• Friday.PNG
    Friday.PNG
    110.8 KB · Views: 61
into the open
that downmove looks a little overdone/ the latest long column of "O"s without a recoil
11440 was the big supp before it broke
looking like it should recoil at the open

am4214.gif

aqua line/column of "X"s is the dead cat ounce we highlighted on 23 july

a clear picture of where we stand
a recoil in an uptrend
i think we are also in a 50% fib area aswell..maybe someone could elaborate
it seems like we should get a decent bounce if that support holds at 11268 area...possibly up to 11570 trend res...quickly

535jb8.gif

technical confluenec areas highlighted...yours might be different

Last edited:
spx into the open
recoil off that prev breakout area/aqua..prev res..this is a confluence area
downmove looking overdone..imho

2vv28uw.gif

Last edited:
a trick or treat trade for next week
usdcad 4 hour
an intense uptrend...these cannot be maintained for long periods..imho
fedspeak on wednesday...could be another wind up about lift off
thinking that stock index got sold off last Friday in anticipation of another wind up ..then they rally..hard

16029g2.gif

Using new chart software still no idea how to post charts. One posted is from tradingview - removes all the pre / overnight noise.

Either we oversold (false break below trend sup) or it's something more sinister. If it does go lower 11120 is a key level. Res starts from 440-480 (horizontal / trend res).

Personally, I see this as the massive move down for that one last push up to make those ATHs. Before we enter a bear market haha no bias, but just an opinion.

6uETQCDy

EURUSD pump or dump - looks like it's waiting for that sept news. Should get some movement after FED

rqbZhvuT

Last edited:
Sunday afternoon all :)

DAX - Daily Chart - PP Levels.
Don't usually go over the top with so many lines but once again no apologies for all the Gann lines as I do feel following the same chart gives one a perspective that flicking in and out of different TF charts don't.

Pretty much in agreement with your levels for S/R give or take a few ticks.
PP-S1 @ 11386 seems to be popular level.

Let's just call it the battle for 11400. Although bulls need to hold 11300 first. :idea:

Chart highlight shows the two Grexit w/e gaps-down, now recovered and we made a HH almost taking 11800 level.

Since then we have come off the Highs and heading to test support. I suspect around 11200. Whether we make a HL or continue down to 10600s to probe LLs I don't know but it looks like it could be a battle range to play out in the next few weeks ahead.

Tomorrow's range in play looks like 11500 - 11200 to me. (y)

Attachments

• DAX_D_150726_Sun.GIF
    DAX_D_150726_Sun.GIF
    54.3 KB · Views: 121
SPX - Daily Chart - PP Levels.

2070-80 are key R/S level on the SPX imo. Surprising towards the closing hours last week it climbed back above 80s.

The 2040-50 areas also R/S levels but not as important as 70/80s. Thus, when 70s do break down I don't think 40/50s will hold as strongly and we'll quickly see 2000s.

On the upside we need to get above 2108's to make a reach for the 2120/30s again.

I can't see us making HHs this week. Especially in light of the falls after all the good news/bad news is now out. So continue to favour test of lows and will maintain short bias on the SPX... (n)

Attachments

• SPX_D_150726_Sun.GIF
    SPX_D_150726_Sun.GIF
    34.5 KB · Views: 150
DOW - Daily Charts

Pretty much same view on DOW as per spx. Seems to be nearer the view whether it will make a HL or LL than the spx to get a direction of continued market direction.

Not forgetting the continued earnings out this week from; UBS, BP+Exxon, Barclays, Samsung and Facebook. Wed/Thurs key days for FOMC and Unemployment numbers from the US.

fwiw I'm guessing Fed will talk hawkish with the usual data & inflation dependency caveats as a quick exit doors for the doves to fly out of.

If data positive I expect it'll make for 18000...
If data and soundbites are negative it may test 17500 and then continue to test the lows around 17150s.

Having said that, the market can/may interpret positive data as negative, meaning, rates will rise on good news. This is where FA and BA's have a field day confusing the sh1ts out of players.

On the whole what ever they say news may be good but rate rises are negative to shares as cash becomes expensive and real earnings more important than just hype!

Not much of an opinion on DOW but over-all favour more downside considering Fed continues to sound hawkish on rates.

Attachments

• DOW_D_150726_Sun.GIF
    DOW_D_150726_Sun.GIF
    40 KB · Views: 183
Other stuff...

Chris Froome takes Tour de France 2015 yellow jersey... (y)
Angry Birds 2 - Friday release... :cheesy:

Gold made a late rally on Friday as Miners reacting to fall in demand by cutting jobs. This in it self is not important but for a very significant view in the market who said gold like oil, will continue to be produced.

Some disagree. Miners likely to either cut production or high cost ones go out of business. So whilst some are talking about $900 or below $1000 for gold, this remains dubious assumption to make as Miners already feeling pain. I don't see why anyone would produce anything where costs > revenue. However, with Fed raising rates gold can come under more downward pressure.

I've gone off gold as it is highly speculative and difficult to trade right now looking for some new level to stabilise at.

Oil is similar in some respects looking for a new level. I thought $50 and we may see $48-52 play out but if indeces and markets take a turn for the worse then $42s don't look too unreasonable. Thus will stay off oil too and just watch these two with interest perhaps looking for really really over-sold lows to pickup on in due course.

Rates wise - rest of World including Russia & China look like wanting to reduce rates whilst Fed hikes their's. So is Fed market leader, trend setter or totally out of step with the rest???

We are indeed cross roads but all is not right imo???

Hope the weather picks up too. It's like September rains have come early this year... :(:mad:

:)

Last edited:
One more reason to avoid US taxes, if one can help it.
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/videos/2015-07-24/clinton-takes-aim-at-quarterly-capitalism-at-nyu
Cannot believe what I am hearing, long term investors and all that talk comes cheap.
I have read that over 90% of 401k of the hard working Americans are not managed well, their future wealth nest is continually bleeding due to high percentage of the "management" costs.
Is Hillary going to be yet another nail driven into the coffin? I wander, many of my American friends believe if she wins, that will be a major disaster.

Other stuff...

Chris Froome takes Tour de France 2015 yellow jersey... (y)
Angry Birds 2 - Friday release... :cheesy:

Gold made a late rally on Friday as Miners reacting to fall in demand by cutting jobs. This in it self is not important but for a very significant view in the market who said gold like oil, will continue to be produced.

Some disagree. Miners likely to either cut production or high cost ones go out of business. So whilst some are talking about $900 or below $1000 for gold, this remains dubious assumption to make as Miners already feeling pain. I don't see why anyone would produce anything where costs > revenue. However, with Fed raising rates gold can come under more downward pressure.

I've gone off gold as it is highly speculative and difficult to trade right now looking for some new level to stabilise at.

Oil is similar in some respects looking for a new level. I thought $50 and we may see $48-52 play out but if indeces and markets take a turn for the worse then $42s don't look too unreasonable. Thus will stay off oil too and just watch these two with interest perhaps looking for really really over-sold lows to pickup on in due course.

Rates wise - rest of World including Russia & China look like wanting to reduce rates whilst Fed hikes their's. So is Fed market leader, trend setter or totally out of step with the rest???

We are indeed cross roads but all is not right imo???

Hope the weather picks up too. It's like September rains have come early this year... :(:mad:

:)
Mike Maloney who I respect is predicting a turnaround in gold and silver which he believes will subsequently lead to a recovery story with the miners. http://goldsilver.com/video/silver-and-gold-price-the-breakdown-with-mike-maloney/