FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Ilya Spivak..the fxcm guru holding usdcad thru fomc pullback

is he an idiot ??
down 100 points so far

11170 a horizontal supp
2rxh54i.gif

Bonjour (French) :)

Looks like Dax has already hit trading range of 11200 for me. Had 11500-11200 for today.

11207 is also PP-S1 so support looks like kicking in and RSI oversold on 15m chart.

11110 is PP-S2. Next target. With China down another 8% I don't have bottle to go long today. Not that I had it before mind you :cheesy:

Feel there is more down side to come to test support.

Also new PP-S3 @ 10942. If 11000 fails then I'd pencil in further falls. So looking very bad for the DAX at the mo., imo.

Attachments

• DAX_D_150727_0905.GIF
    DAX_D_150727_0905.GIF
    47.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
SPX - Daily Charts - PP Levels...

Here are PP levels and couple of my own thrown in for good measure. Key range to watch is 2071-2091 imo.

Favour the dark side but SPX may buck the trend. BA's and economists always rattle off interest rates rise at the start of a boom cycle.

Don't fight the Fed will be the rallying call. But it's all a lot of BS to me.

I will not fight the Fed, but I will follow up the rises with short limit sell orders 5/10 ticks below. No changes there. Strategy has been working why change it if it isn't broken.

Anyone see HHs? If you do then you should be visiting SpecSavers :cheesy:

There... stuck mi kneck on the guillotine... :whistling

Attachments

• SPX_D_150727_0912.GIF
    SPX_D_150727_0912.GIF
    28.3 KB · Views: 153
DOW - Daily Chart - PP Levels.

DOW is in similar flow to spx and looking to test 17500s which is PP-S1 effectively.

It's nearer to the HL or LL test area. If we see a LL then further falls should follow imo. This no doubt will depend on earnings report from FB, BP and likes of Samsung etc. So yes there may be some rallies but once again after China falls, the bulls are well and ready skewed and ready for the spitfire imo.

Attachments

• DOW_D_150727_0922.GIF
    DOW_D_150727_0922.GIF
    31.7 KB · Views: 140
need to know how you calculate PP ??

PP Levels comes from http://www.iii.co.uk charts. I've selected to watch three levels which usually represents a trading day. They have a java based desktop package which I think is good. Called Interactive Trader.

Levels do not change for intra-day TF's which is good as some other packages recalculate them if I recall.

As for the formula's they use to calculate them, don't see anything on the charts or package as yet - I'll have to do some digging and get back to you. (y)

key level around here 50% of up move from 10650, next one 11090 area 61.8% retrace.

hard to buy dip tried friday with no luck. let' see how day pans out

plenty of bullish movement from the 11170 horizontal supp
a tad oversold
11270/prev supp looming