FTSE 100 - March

Credit to you Barjon, the 4428 seems to be holding the FTSE down. From you experience do these s/r levels (half of previous days candle) work well?

Thanks

anmolway

Enough to be worth keeping an eye on I think. Mainly for eod -
we've had a bit of a spate of long candles recently (see chart) -
but there's often an intraday stutter. When they go, they tend to
go with a bit of a bang :)

Have to be viewed in the context of other candlestick patterns
tho'

Attachments

• ftsesr.gif
    ftsesr.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 238
We're supported by the hammer if the dow 10am reversal kicks
in

Attachments

• hammer.gif
    hammer.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 229
I'm feeling a little tired so that's probably! it for today.Best of luck to you.

only 'popped' in to see how things are going and get some 'light' reading.

Johnnyy, my approach to day trading would probably need a face to face to give a full explanation .

However you do need more than an ounce of patience sometimes.

(Like the rising wedge which started on 23rd Feb and took more than 10 days to run to ground ?)

Hi Bonsai,

Good to have u back.

This is the wave count i have been working on the day chart...does it fit??

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    75.8 KB · Views: 341
don't know about the waves, but failed hammers are usually
bad news (unless you're short :) ) This one's not quite failed yet
- there should be support at the base of its tail around 4374
which is almost smack on the tested support level of 4377.

Seems a pretty crucial area to be watching but I expect there's
more than a few eyes focussed there. Wonder if that'll mean a
bit of fun and games if we move in that direction :?: :devilish:

Attachments

• ftses.gif
    ftses.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 348
Bonjour

How we all doing today. Its Monday so it will probably be confusing. I am not short at present so I would imagine my next position will be a long...Dow still has a gap at 10100 to fill so that where they are headed.

Btw. good discussion about Fixed ratio money management method on TT and advfn if anyone has anythoughts?

With trading being an expectancy game, fixed ratio money management is the only way to stay in this game... minimise losses and let profits take care of losses

well, there must be a good few stops triggered and some
break-out shorts entered so which way now?

sorry....only way for me i should say ..still feel that the % of total trades that i make that are winning trades are still 2 low... if you making a large number of trades on a single day then i feel it definetly helps

:) Fin. Its has sparked off a few debates across the boards because the author of the fixed ratio method like you suggested that it was the only way to go. But fixed fractional can beat fixed ratio so ultimately imo It depends on your system and how accurate your projected probabilities are I guess

I'm following futures and I'm not reading it at all well this morning :confused: Got a strange feel to it. A bit jumpy.
I've not dipped a toe in yet, so no damage ;)

Totally Hooya,

Particularly the time frame that u trade and stop loss policy that u adopt... may not suit investors as oppose to traders

bingo :LOL:

wonder if fib50% at 324 or thereabouts will come into play?