FTSE 100 - March

Cheers oatman, at least there is a little reassurance in knowing that they all rip us off......

CMC have been sticking to a high fair value recently..partly because of their smaller spread I think but they have been tracking the futs quote closely...so I guess no reason to complain apart from it is a bit off putting.

Chart

Attachments

• turntime.gif
    turntime.gif
    67.6 KB · Views: 310
For those confining themselves to trading with the trend it'd be
interesting to know what trend timescale you use and how you
establish the trend.

eg: timescale - 1 day sma? shorter? longer?

trend - macd? ma crossover? ew? etc? etc?

Hi Barjon,

I define the trend with 3 moving averages - 100ema, 32ema and 10sma.

Use to trade with 1 min chart but found the 5 min chart more reliable and keeps you big moves for longer

I look at the relationship between distance of price from the moving averages and the difference in slope of the moving averages.

I have found the corrective waves cause the 10 and 32 day averages to crossover and converge close to the 100, before moving in back in the original direction.

hi fin

looks sound to me!!

I first thought your 100, 32, 10 were period mas (last 100, 32, 10
bars) but you mention "day" in the final sentence, so assume
they are 100day, 32day and 10day?

Barjon,

Also use RSI on 19 days for overbought/oversold to catch the end of moves through 2 peak divergence as well as accumulation/distribution line to confirm the shift

FTSE 100 traders/watchers

Are we about to see the successful/failed test of the SP500 recent low? Result should determine next decent move in FTSE

morning all, have been doing some research into indicators (dont strike me down please lol)

i dont normally use them, but this one has caught my eye.

seems like buying/selling a break of the Parabolic SAR can yield decent gains during volatile moments..eg the opening scramble, and the period running up to the close...(not sure of an exit point, perhaps a fixed target could be in order??? - more analysis required)

just another string to the bow perhaps.

FC

Attachments

• parabolic.jpg
    parabolic.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 238