FTSE 100 Intraday - December

Why is someone posting them? I havent seen any of your charts over there?

Top line of that channel? Yes touching it now

HT is not anywhere to be seen. Very few index traders about on ADVFN at the moment. A few have switch to Forex instead becuase of it's apparent trending moves.

the bigger picture

Attachments

• screenshot047.gif
    screenshot047.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 340
filled the gap; hit your trend line

may be time for a reversal after a bit of a think about it ?

but a/d is dreadful ! -70

it would seem like this also counts as a very deep 4th wave.
(so far)

Ok, so I was wrong about it not breaking 4400 again - I must do better :)

Having gone over everything again last night though, I'm still of the mind that the FTSE top is in place for "a considerable period of time" (to borrow a Fed favourite phrase).

Leaving profits to run on open short positions and adding more should we revisit levels of above 4380.

well fotheringham you may think you were wrong but I still think
you may have been right !
the only thing that I can see above 4400 is selling !

getting up there was just another odd lotters orgy !
and the mm's took advantage ?

Agreed that there was selling into that strength bonsai. I had originally said when I called the top that the next mini peak would form the trendline to lead us down (Hooya has now visually demonstrated this with his last chart).

You are, of course, too kind though. I stupidly predicted a price level shouldn't be breached - but, naturally, it was ... and my set-up is still in play.

Another reason I fancied we had seen the top was that several media bears were turning bullish. A wonderful indicator if ever one existed.

Time will tell I guess :)

indicators on my a/d ?

no I havent, as it is an indicator in itself.
and often big gaps between one day and another
like yesterday and today. its not a linear sort of thing.
today we have a complete mood change.
opened negative (-40) and got worse.

and getting worserer ! (lol)

fotheringham

I usually wait for the Investors Chronicle to call a bull market !

you just used the wrong media source ?
:LOL:

yup
bye bye trend line
bye bye 4th.

next stop higher low ?
or back into the crowd at 4330 area - remember ?

Last edited:
well if we want to be negative, bottom line of channel and trendline in posted chart is about 4320 and there is still a gap there I believe

I said back at the top in Nov that I thoguht it could be the high for the year. Having got there and seeing the market action since, I'm now going to be contrarian and say that we could yet hit the 4450. This looks like a 4th wave, as Bonsai said ealier. If it is we should see a low today - that trend line at 4305-4310ish looks inviting - before making a strong push up into next week. If we continue down tomorrow and break that trend line I'll re-assess.