FTSE 100 February

mornin' all

that dow is a real malign influence at the moment. ftse goes all
Corporal Jonesish at the merest shiver.

US futs are 30-40 points lower than they were when we closed yesterday.....not sure the FTSE can afford to ignore it???

true, but i wasn't just thinking of the open.

off to golf soon so if it can grind its way up to the gain line by
ten it'd be nice.....

trying to use the 1 day ma a support but failing to get over the pivot. All very dodgy

looks like a flat topped triangle being formed which is normally bullish ?

but all the action is below last night's close. Could easily turn into a rectangle/square if it was needed.

probably best to take your positions for the square dance on this pull back ?

what a difference a good fib can make ?
and the 1 day , of course.

hope you are all enjoying this.

hitting the top line now.

bonsai...do ftse shares with cmc finish at 4.30pm exactly or is there an after hours thingy/auction?

regards
Lee.

ok...

theres that line.....

Attachments

• ftse60.gif
    ftse60.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 273
Havent been trading today. Been doing work on my " pivot method"...not so much the actual pivots but the trading method behind them. This involves going over intraday charts marking the pivots on them and devising and adapting rules etc. Slow work but interesting stuff.

good stuff, hooya

study of the markets is like ploughing back working capital into your business, imo

I done something similar with your fib pivots with interesting results.......

like if the price travels between a couple of areas but doesnt break another it should go up etc....
Wrote about 15 rules backteseted over data to good results, now trying to fathom out what percentage of times each rule is correct.....

I hope you intend sharing you results Lee:) just so you know lee I have added a 0.5 in the pivots aswell so you now have R4-S4. The pivots actually work better on the US iimo as it often reaches the extremes during the day rather than the FTSE right at the end LOL

phew got out of an azn short with a profit by the skin of me nuts....

should have waited slightly but the fastest finger wins....lol

taken ages to post....lee you know the formula although there is another one I am testing but like the simplicity of the fib one