Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys, are some of you placing big money trades; £500-£1000 per pip? Please don't take offence, but the amount of 'noise trading' on this thread; folk nipping in an out of the markets, taking a loss of a dozen pips, or a gain of a pip or two suggests to me that some of you are high rollers? Am I right?

Is there such a thing? what do you call when prop traders scalp for 2cents on a $10 stock?
How do you define noise? Is that where market makers trying to push it up for 20-30pips before dumping it for 200pips? Or is it 100 pip-per-day move within a daily range that is going no where for 2 weeks?

Remember, noise and trend are all perspective. ;)

Is there such a thing? what do you call when prop traders scalp for 2cents on a $10 stock?
How do you define noise? Is that where market makers trying to push it up for 20-30pips before dumping it for 200pips? Or is it 100 pip-per-day move within a daily range that is going no where for 2 weeks?

Remember, noise and trend are all perspective. ;)

Important you don't take offence as It was a genuine Q, I enjoy the journals/others trading methods, but when you see folk bailing with a couple of pips profit and trading in a totally different way to my mini-swing method it got me thinking that they may be actually hunting for something I'm not seeing; the slam dunk 10 pip gain for 500+ quid trade...
Let's not forget there are many institutional guys who trade this way (some may be on here), I've no idea as to anyone's background unless they reveal it...they might scoff at my chasing 200 pips+ per day and suggest I'm wasting time/energy when they can earn the same money with one cable trade taken with their muesli at 7am and be on the golf course by noon...:)

Im certainly not a high roller.The in and out trades could also represent fear could they not. ODT youve mentioned a few times about taking 500 pips a week from dax etc yet your performsnce suggests otherwise. I would love to see you do it so please explain exactly how we do this using trends. I rarely get over 250 pips/points for the week and average much less.

Im certainly not a high roller.The in and out trades could also represent fear could they not. ODT youve mentioned a few times about taking 500 pips a week from dax etc yet your performsnce suggests otherwise. I would love to see you do it so please explain exactly how we do this using trends. I rarely get over 250 pips/points for the week and average much less.

It is very easy to take 500 pips a week from trading, one has to be a trend trader ,using high probability set ups only.

I will tell you more when I have a set of rules written down.

O D T

G M

Another cracking day in store.

Pending buy orders long 1.3570 , 1.3600 and 1.3630 ,1.3660 , stop 20 pips

I dont see trends you see. We look at the same chart and see something completely different. I guess thats trading.I cant post a chart as t2win uploads arent working at mo

ah were up and running again. Im short eur from 1.3526,took 1/2 off at + 15. Rest at b/e
I really dont see the trends you get odt this is my chart and trends. I dont see any upward 5 min trend this morn

Attachments

• snapshot-46.png
    snapshot-46.png
    38 KB · Views: 132
ah were up and running again. Im short eur from 1.3526,took 1/2 off at + 15. Rest at b/e
I really dont see the trends you get odt this is my chart and trends. I dont see any upward 5 min trend this morn

I was looking at just one up trendline on 5 m, starting at 4.25 a m .I think yesterday's reversal from 1.3445 will continue today,and may get a good up trend soon.Euro has bottomed.

I am going to take a little break and go back to my 45 pip stop system .

short eur/gbp 9066 s/l 10. Chancing a break of trend as in chart

Attachments

• snapshot-47.png
    snapshot-47.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 149
why do you want a 45 pip stop on a 5 min trend, you either trade short term or long term.

I trade volatility breakouts mainly and 20 to 30 pips stop is nothing when volatility breaks out, here I am trading a manual directional version of my automated version. I normally get really good day on unique pyramiding system(details not disclosed), where I make good pips to make up for losses.

Why didn't you take a short at 1.3537?Top of t/l.

I trade volatility breakouts mainly and 20 to 30 pips stop is nothing when volatility breaks out, here I am trading a manual directional version of my automated version. I normally get really good day on unique pyramiding system(details not disclosed), where I make good pips to make up for losses.

Why didn't you take a short at 1.3537?Top of t/l.

because I wanted to short eur/gbp 1/2 off at +10