Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

again,this is a live call thread, you could not have got that price at that time,for you to have got that price you would have had to have taken it before 16.11. There are many threads and journals for that kind of stuff. Dont take it the wrong way,but it defeats the purpose of the thread

Being the impulsive gambler that I am and been annoyed at myself for taking the short before it actually triggered for me (it never did) I carried trading and took the long that triggered.

+43 for the day and that really is me done (only because I have to leave the house to take my son swimming:LOL:)

Attachments

• kumo day 7.png
    kumo day 7.png
    55 KB · Views: 115
I am short gold from 1422 target 1409.

Also next week look for usd.jpy to retest the all time lows.

I will try and sell a rally back to 80.56 if we get a break downwards, with a 76.12 target.

We may don't test the all times low. I am looking to buy at 79.70 ~ 80.00..

Yen crosses are too weird right now.. I'm nothing messing with it.

stopped for -38. I trade using DMI/ADX. basically theory says if +DMI (green line) is above 25 bulls are dominant. if -DMI (red dotted) is above 25, means bears are dominant. And if ADX (thick purple) is above 25 trend is strong.

My favourite set ups is where at a time of strong trend,

1) price has retraced towards 20 or 50ma,
2) the non-dominant DMI rises to challenge for dominance but fails and falls back down (marked x) meaning bears rejected
3) price has made a structural pivot reversal
4) the dominant DMI peaks start to rise.
5) ADX to turn back up

This trade looked to be ok (although condition 5 was not met) and at least challenging the previous high of 14280 but a spike in AUD ruined it.

That is interesting and complex !!

How are you doing with this system? How long have you trading this set-up?

Thanks!!

Vini

If you buy that area where are you putting your stop?

At previous swing low.. below 78.20, but a very small and speculative position..

the swing was to huge to determine stop and targets.. We (I) need to wait the dust to settle.

What is your plan?

That is interesting and complex !!

How are you doing with this system? How long have you trading this set-up?

Thanks!!

Vini
The set up works really well for me. But my performance isnt great as I dont have the discipline to wait until all the conditions are met so enter many trades prematurely.

Just came out of an oil trade at 10025 (entry 10070), chart attached. (apologies as this is fx thread). probably will go down further but i exited as this is so news sensitive.

Attachments

• Daily US Light Crude (Apr) (18-MAR-11).png
    Daily US Light Crude (Apr) (18-MAR-11).png
    21.5 KB · Views: 98
I guess we are not gonna see any action till Monday //

Have a good weekend guys and GL all!

vini