Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Id like to know the reason why you went long there.. :smart:
stopped for -38. I trade using DMI/ADX. basically theory says if +DMI (green line) is above 25 bulls are dominant. if -DMI (red dotted) is above 25, means bears are dominant. And if ADX (thick purple) is above 25 trend is strong.

My favourite set ups is where at a time of strong trend,

1) price has retraced towards 20 or 50ma,
2) the non-dominant DMI rises to challenge for dominance but fails and falls back down (marked x) meaning bears rejected
3) price has made a structural pivot reversal
4) the dominant DMI peaks start to rise.
5) ADX to turn back up

This trade looked to be ok (although condition 5 was not met) and at least challenging the previous high of 14280 but a spike in AUD ruined it.

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_AUD (18-MAR-11).png
    Spot FX EUR_AUD (18-MAR-11).png
    21 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
That's what happens when i'm left alone with a pc.

problem is more likely to be an impulsive disorder of some kind though, rather then an attention span issue.:LOL:

Don't know what to suggest but I have been jerked about by the markets too.

Probably time for a general re-think of strategies and time on the demo machine ?

Don't know what to suggest but I have been jerked about by the markets too.

Probably time for a general re-think of strategies and time on the demo machine ?

It's just the news spikes. anytime someone on TV says "Japan" the markets jump. Kinda like saying "BOO!"

Nice to see you here, Pat!

Peter

It's just the news spikes. anytime someone on TV says "Japan" the markets jump. Kinda like saying "BOO!"

Peter

Hi Peter
Hope you are doing OK
I am a bit of a newbie on forex but hope springs .........etc.

Peter
yup. Perhaps its prudent not to trade as almost all markets are susceptible to a spike from Japan/Bahrain/Libya.

I bet the spikes in AUD and NZD crosses (that stopped me out of euraud) had something to do with japan.

I really should leave it as we are in news mode (eg non-farm/FOMC) pretty much all the time...but I cant as am hooked!

I have barely traded this week. Too perilous and I don't really need to be in the markets so I can wait it out a bit. I'd rather wait than get too banged up.

Peter