Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The flash in the pan vendors never seem to stay long on here. Funny how you call them out on their highly suspect trades with mysterious entries, exits and stops or dodgy websites and they run like wind. Every time.

There is really no substitute for rolling up your sleeves doing some hard work and learning for yourself. Once you do that you can then try using signal services with your own money management as an additional tool in your trade kit.

Peter

The flash in the pan vendors never seem to stay long on here. Funny how you call them out on their highly suspect trades with mysterious entries and exits and stops and they run like wind. Every time.

There is really no substitute for rolling up your sleeves doing some hard work and learning for yourself. Once you do that you can then try using signal services with your own money management as an additional tool in your trade kit.

Peter

not sure i agree,if a signal service works why try and improve it, particularly if you are a profitable trader. Youve been on here for nearly a year pete and have from what i can see never changed your method of attack, i can only assume from that that you are making good money. Do you know of any service that has stood the test of time,ive never looked at it properley but cant recall seeing a single thread that has consistant praise of any service. if there was a really good one id give up trading and use it so id be stress free

not sure i agree,if a signal service works why try and improve it, particularly if you are a profitable trader. Youve been on here for nearly a year pete and have from what i can see never changed your method of attack, i can only assume from that that you are making good money. Do you know of any service that has stood the test of time,ive never looked at it properley but cant recall seeing a single thread that has consistant praise of any service. if there was a really good one id give up trading and use it so id be stress free

Good points. But how do you really know if a service works or not? I don't know of any that have stood the test of time but certainly I've seen only a fraction of them. By using your own mm you really want to be sure you don't overleverage and the stops provided (if any) are within your comfort level.

I've tried a few signal services in the past, like I said, as another tool in the shed. My issue was most of the ones that appear to be OK send signals at a time I can't be at the computer. Anyway, I'm not recommending them, just saying IF you are interested in them then at least you should know how to trade yourself. Never depend on someone else.

Interestingly, years ago, I was attempting to trade stock options and realized quickly I was out of my realm. I was profitable in stocks but losing badly in options so I subscribed to an options advisory service to see if I could get a handle on what they were looking at when they put out their recommendations and maybe start being profitable. I did learn a few things while just about breaking even (instead of losing) so I deemed it worthwhile. To your point though, I don't believe they are in business today.

Peter

ADDED: I nearly broke even on the service's recommendations. All totaled I ended my options trading down rather large. Can't win them all!

Last edited:
my aud/jpy trades been in for a day now..approaching a record in recent times
its down about 15 at the mo....gotta have faith:)

I'll be looking to short usdjpy around today's high at 82.92 if it pops. Last week's high of 83.05 should be good resistance.

Peter

eurjpy stuck in a range since 4th march.

breakout should be interesting.

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_JPY (04-MAR-11).png
    Spot FX EUR_JPY (04-MAR-11).png
    24.9 KB · Views: 99