Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck. It's been slow so far. I haven't seen anything I liked.

Peter
thanx..this one is an ok signal, i moved my stop up 20 pips.

going thru a frustrating period..

i got some sell signals on gold that werent high probability (with wide stops) so i ignored them....:(

thanx..this one is an ok signal, i moved my stop up 20 pips.

going thru a frustrating period..
i got some sell signals on gold that werent high probability (with wide stops) so i ignored them....:(

You me and everyone else man....this ride on the Euro has been bizarre, it's like the machines have taken over. Hoped the downgrade by S&P of Japan might help, after all it's a fookin country they downgraded, so you'd think it's be like chucking a chaotic hand grenade into the FX market, but nope, bit of a blip and return to the abnormal norm. What we need is another huge Q.E. by the US and the UK and Yirrup...it's on the way..plenty more liquidity in FX, DOW goes to 15,000, we kill each other in the street for the privilege to line up in a queue to spend a Kruggerand in Tescos on a single loaf of genetically modified bread...:eek:

You me and everyone else man....this ride on the Euro has been bizarre, it's like the machines have taken over. Hoped the downgrade by S&P of Japan might help, after all it's a fookin country they downgraded, so you'd think it's be like chucking a chaotic hand grenade into the FX market, but nope, bit of a blip and return to the abnormal norm. What we need is another huge Q.E. by the US and the UK and Yirrup...it's on the way..plenty more liquidity in FX, DOW goes to 15,000, we kill each other in the street for the privilege to line up in a queue to spend a Kruggerand in Tescos on a single loaf of genetically modified bread...:eek:
hehe..although i wouldnt mind having the dow at 15,000 for a few mins :D

its just sometimes u feel market has picked you out for a beating...i get a few signals, the ones i ignore work out and the ones i take dont!, if i take all signals then too much on table and if i ignore all then might as well pack up

still...scratching 2 of my recent trades (euraud, gbpchf) eventually worked out to be good decisions.....

hehe..although i wouldnt mind having the dow at 15,000 for a few mins :D

its just sometimes u feel market has picked you out for a beating...i get a few signals, the ones i ignore work out and the ones i take dont!, if i take all signals then too much on table and if i ignore all then might as well pack up

still...scratching 2 of my recent trades (euraud, gbpchf) eventually worked out to be good decisions.....

Don't want to get to deep on a call thread but ensure you get the enjoyment back and fixed pronto. Even if it's dropping down the stakes to prove your edge/strat/MM/mind are tight and sound. Maybe move up a few TFs, take on more pairs, would that increase your prolly vis a vis your strat., or could it heighten the losses? Perhaps keep your default daily loss at the same level, let's say it's 100 pips, but half the lot/position size..? Oh and patterns ryhme, they don't repeat...

Don't want to get to deep on a call thread but ensure you get the enjoyment back and fixed pronto. Even if it's dropping down the stakes to prove your edge/strat/MM/mind are tight and sound. Maybe move up a few TFs, take on more pairs, would that increase your prolly vis a vis your strat., or could it heighten the losses? Perhaps keep your default daily loss at the same level, let's say it's 100 pips, but half the lot/position size..? Oh and patterns ryhme, they don't repeat...
i have dropped my stakes on some trades, my last eurjpy trade was half usual stake...

prob with moving up TFs is that your stop/target increase so if a trade goes pear-shaped you could lose 150+ pips...

I find just decreasing number of trades works best when one is going through a rough patch...what encourages me with my trading recent days is that i havent lost significant amount during this latest rough patch...hope this doesnt change!

Don't want to get to deep on a call thread but ensure you get the enjoyment back and fixed pronto. Even if it's dropping down the stakes to prove your edge/strat/MM/mind are tight and sound.

Agree with Swan - it's good to change immediately if one is experiencing a rough period.
Last time I've experienced it (3 losing days in a row) was before Christmas. On the forth day I was out of trading and came back only last week. I'm not suggesting to stop trading completely, just maybe reducing the stake to the minimum until the rough period is over.

its just sometimes u feel market has picked you out for a beating

Describes me this week. I've been well spanked. I wouldn't recognize a winning trade if it hit me in the face. Unless I have a miracle day today, which is extremely unlikely, this will be my first losing week since October. Next week can't get here fast enough!

Peter