Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Temp, have you ever thought about running your profit longer and moving stop in your favour?

Funny you should say that. Nearly every trade I take that I close for a winner, It carries on in my favour for a long time. When I try to let them run though, the market dangles pips in front of me, and then reverses sharply stopping me out, lol.

At the moment I am making about 50 pips per day for the last few months, so Im tempted not to change anything, even though it looks like i should.
I guess what im saying is I get more annoyed at getting stopped out after teh market offers be 20 pips or so which i refuse, than I do when i take 20 and it flies up another 60 without me.
As long as my current performance stays the same i doubt ill change anything.
cheers

Funny you should say that. Nearly every trade I take that I close for a winner, It carries on in my favour for a long time. When I try to let them run though, the market dangles pips in front of me, and then reverses sharply stopping me out, lol.

At the moment I am making about 50 pips per day for the last few months, so Im tempted not to change anything, even though it looks like i should.
I guess what im saying is I get more annoyed at getting stopped out after teh market offers be 20 pips or so which i refuse, than I do when i take 20 and it flies up another 60 without me.
cheers

50 pips per day - that's my target - still working on it.

I asked you that question, because I tend to get profit as early as pos too.
I guess you can never go wrong by taking profit.

cheers

I'm trying to do approx ten things at once atm so I hope this (kinda) makes sense; if I'm operating off/on a 10-15min TF on what I *think of* as lower digit pairs - EUR/GBP, AUD/USD, USD/JPY...I expect a 'micro-swing' to average out at approx. 30-35 pips, therefore I either get breakeven, loss of approx. 15 pip, close early for 15- 20 pip, or hit a limit of 30-35...does that make sense? On cable the same kinda theory lets me be v.happy with 60-70 on EUR/USD, GBP/JPY and cable...

small cable short here at 1.5413 - 18 pips stop
Half size - pretty much done for the week. Not as good as last week, but good enough.