Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cam within a few pips of stopping me so far. Not looking great. away for a few mins. See if ive been stopped or not when i come back

edit: stopped on that one.
puts me down on cable now after a good start.
luckily done well on oil again so a little up overall at the mo...

Last edited:
As mentioned last week I've canned the small TF trading. Just thought I'd post up these figures/charts to perhaps encourage a few of you to move away from the short term stuff and begin to think about bigger TFs? These are not particularly exceptional figures for those of us who swing 6 pairs and if you look at the two losses (circa 50 pips each) that actually compares very favourably to losing 20-30 on the 5-15min...non?

Particularly if you have other jobs etc. it may be worth considering. I've puked on these early as my monthly target is now hit and tbh I'm not happy re. all the forex noise atm from so many directions in the meeja so I'm sitting on my hands 'til next week..

As you can see I took two hits on my yesterday/overnight trades this morning, (circa 100 pips). On the EJ I ignored my signal yesterday evening, but tbh I could have only gained an extra 20 ish, so no big deal..

Anyhow, food for thought? I'll leave it with you..

+9
+56
+75
+91
+55
+56

Total pips +240

Attachments

• fx graph 270.png
    fx graph 270.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 116
  • fx graph 271.png
    fx graph 271.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 113
  • fx graph 272.png
    fx graph 272.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 115
  • fx graph 273.png
    fx graph 273.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 142
  • fx graph 274.png
    fx graph 274.png
    18 KB · Views: 455
  • fx graph 275.png
    fx graph 275.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned last week I've canned the small TF trading. Just thought I'd post up these figures/charts to perhaps encourage a few of you to move away from the short term stuff and begin to think about bigger TFs? These are not particularly exceptional figures for those of us who swing 6 pairs and if you look at the two losses (circa 50 pips each) that actually compares very favourably to losing 20-30 on the 5-15min...non?

Particularly if you have other jobs etc. it may be worth considering. I've puked on these early as my monthly target is now hit and tbh I'm not happy re. all the forex noise atm from so many directions in the meeja so I'm sitting on my hands 'til next week..

As you can see I took two hits on my yesterday/overnight trades this morning, (circa 100 pips). On the EJ I ignored my signal yesterday evening, but tbh I could have only gained an extra 20 ish, so no big deal..

Anyhow, food for thought? I'll leave it with you..

+9
+56
+75
+91
+55

Total pips +240

Lots of different horses & courses (y)

See if ive been stopped or not when i come back

That’s what I realised after some time following charts for hours no end - no point looking at it (unless you enjoy that sort of things).

IMO Best to see it before, get a good idea where to put the stop and the target and leave it till one of them is hit - keeps me from getting stressed.
Or maybe some sort of alarm for the partial profit taking.

Not clear as yet if it rejected 61.8. I’ll wait for the current candle to close and US open. There is also Trichet’s speech at 13:30.

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 96
will take my +6 here on usd/jpy as fancy some lunch and its dead

just in case anyone is wondering where my prices come from during the day i trade worldspreads platform and there is no spread on eur/usd, aud/usd, eur/gbp and usd/jpy
so nice for short term trading, well worth been with them if your in and out alot during the day

"perhaps encourage a few of you to move away from the short term stuff and begin to think about bigger TFs?"

That requires plenty of patience and hours/days of sitting on the sideline, therefore no one will take your advice:mad:

"perhaps encourage a few of you to move away from the short term stuff and begin to think about bigger TFs?"

That requires plenty of patience and hours/days of sitting on the sideline, therefore no one will take your advice:mad:

nah.
I think its better to be a short term trader.
look.

+20,+20,+20,+20,+20,+20,+20,+20,-20,+20,+20,-20,+20,+20,+20,-20,+20,+20,+20

TOTAL PIPS
+260
:)

Yes, very impressive Blackswan and Develicus, but i'll stick with my minus 50 or so, thank you very much! I know which side my bread's buttered!
Think it might be ES time for me already. Cant see much happening in cable for me....

just in case anyone is wondering where my prices come from during the day i trade worldspreads platform and there is no spread on eur/usd, aud/usd, eur/gbp and usd/jpy
so nice for short term trading, well worth been with them if your in and out alot during the day

...your nifty exit on GU earlier being a case in point - thanks for that, might look 'em up again. What's the GU spread?

whoops, stray short order filled on EU...:eek:

edit: stop to b/e, phew.

Attachments

• 18th Nov EU 2.PNG
    18th Nov EU 2.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 98
...your nifty exit on GU earlier being a case in point - thanks for that, might look 'em up again. What's the GU spread?

yes looking at the chart my alpari chart at that time was only showing a 15993 high

but it did just clip 94 on worldspreads, it is a 2 point spread on that platform so no differnet to anyone else

yes looking at the chart my alpari chart at that time was only showing a 15993 high

but it did just clip 94 on worldspreads, it is a 2 point spread on that platform so no differnet to anyone else

Thanks. Oanda only managed to squeeze out a max 93 bid around our exit points.