Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TBH I'd rather look at a graphic of where the trade was taken, why, and the result, I fail to see what anyone can learn from folk simply calling out trades unless someone wants to shadow them (bearing in mind they'll be stale by the time you enter). But heh, carry on, enjoy the company, if it (this thread) *works* for you then I'm pleased for you. :)

Not that im terribly active on this thread anymore, but just to address this.

I do agree that a graphic is much more useful in understanding someones methodology and for possible teaching pupropses, but im not sure that's what this thread is about.

Personally, I like to know who is the 'real deal' on various trading forums, and then in seperate threads, everything them people say holds more weight with me.
Im not calling you a fraud by any means, but anyone can post a chart after the fact and say ''i took 200 pips from these entries today''.

Real time calls appear to be the best way to prove oneself.

Based on this, I pay lots attention to advice from posters like chowclown, candles(doesn't seem to post anymore), chilltrader etc. Likewise with lots of elitetrader posters where I spend most of my time, and ignore basically everyone else! lol

Not that im terribly active on this thread anymore, but just to address this.

I do agree that a graphic is much more useful in understanding someones methodology and for possible teaching pupropses, but im not sure that's what this thread is about.

Personally, I like to know who is the 'real deal' on various trading forums, and then in seperate threads, everything them people say holds more weight with me.
Im not calling you a fraud by any means, but anyone can post a chart after the fact and say ''i took 200 pips from these entries today''.

Real time calls appear to be the best way to prove oneself.

Based on this, I pay lots attention to advice from posters like chowclown, candles(doesn't seem to post anymore), chilltrader etc. Likewise with lots of elitetrader posters where I spend most of my time, and ignore basically everyone else! lol

Why would anyone need to "prove themselves"? Can you explain the need to "prove oneself" on a thread, on a forum, on the interweb as I'm genuinely lost on that one..? Unless someone is attempting to sell something I fail to see the benefit..In your own time...:)

Why would anyone need to "prove themselves"? Can you explain the need to "prove oneself" on a thread, on a forum, on the interweb as I'm genuinely lost on that one..? Unless someone is attempting to sell something I fail to see the benefit..In your own time...:)

I thought you would say that! :cheesy:

Explain the need to prove oneself on the internet?
I dont know. Im not the one doing it! Im the one that wanted (in the past)people to prove themselves for my own selfish reasons! And, luckily for me, lots of people do. Maybe just because they can. Maybe they are too attached to their internet persona and like having their ego stroked? Who knows
I doubt even you'd bother talking about all the pips you apparently made if you yourself weren't trying to prove yourself on some level.

Im not gonna get too into it, as, i'm really quite indifferent as to what goes on in this thread. There's a small handful of threads I read and about 4 posters whose posts I take any notice of, and other than that, I just dont care about anyone else! lol
It doesn't bother me personally that you only post after-the-fact, but it seems to bug some people, and I was only giving you one possible answer to your original question about 'why people would want real time calls'.

My last post on the subject.

cheers

I accept and always have accepted a lot of what you say,but there comes a point where your constant confidence and apparent ability should be shown following your recent post. If your no longer using small t/f but mentioned teaching,why not show us a little more on this thread.Surely the site is about helping and pointing people in the right direction.:)

I thought you would say that! :cheesy:

Explain the need to prove oneself on the internet?
I dont know. Im not the one doing it! Im the one that wanted (in the past)people to prove themselves for my own selfish reasons! And, luckily for me, lots of people do. Maybe just because they can. Maybe they are too attached to their internet persona and like having their ego stroked? Who knows
I doubt even you'd bother talking about all the pips you apparently made if you yourself weren't trying to prove yourself on some level.

Im not gonna get too into it, as, i'm really quite indifferent as to what goes on in this thread. There's a small handful of threads I read and about 4 posters whose posts I take any notice of, and other than that, I just dont care about anyone else! lol
It doesn't bother me personally that you only post after-the-fact, but it seems to bug some people, and I was only giving you one possible answer to your original question about 'why people would want real time calls'.

My last post on the subject.

cheers

You state "You want people to prove themselves for your own selfish reasons.." Trading forums spew out lots of queer personality oddities but to me the oddest creatures are the silent sniping stalkers who contribute nothing, enter into no dialogue, make no attempt to become part of a community, but simply exist to prowl and feed off others, how's that working out for you? ;)

I thought the idea of this site is to help others the best you can. Your post is far from that and in many ways laughing at us. You say you dont want to post any more because our trades are in the opposite direction and this seems to bother you. Im sure no one on here wants your sympathy. But boasting and belittleing us in the same post,how is that going to help. 11 winners on the trot,thats great,clearly you have a skill you dont want to share with us.I have always valued your posts however negative they are. How are posts like that going to contribute to the thread or any thread. Im still trusting that your intentions as a person and contributer to the thread are of the best nature so Im sure you want to contribute in a positive way. If you can get 300 pips a week in small timeframes,how much do your swings get if your going to stop the small t/f?. Youve mentioned in an earlier post that your rules for swings are very rigid,so call them out, or explain more about the small t/f you no longer use.If i picked up 1/2 the 300 a week your throwing away id be a happy man.

i was hoping for a response

how's that working out for you? ;)

How well does a forum 'work out' for anyone? Although its Probably 'working out' better for me than most I imagine! Other people waste time reading the posts of people living in a dream world.

You state "You want people to prove themselves for your own selfish reasons.." Trading forums spew out lots of queer personality oddities but to me the oddest creatures are the silent sniping stalkers who contribute nothing, enter into no dialogue, make no attempt to become part of a community, but simply exist to prowl and feed off others

Well, I guess I could throw your own words back at you:
Why would anyone want to contribute anything, and make an attempt to become part of a community "on a thread, on a forum, on the interweb as I'm genuinely lost on that one"..?
LOL.
you're contradicting yourself.

I appear to have hit a nerve and you've taken it very personally.
I was simply answering your question and you've kind of 'turned on me'! lol :LOL:

How well does a forum 'work out' for anyone? Although its Probably 'working out' better for me than most I imagine! Other people waste time reading the posts of people living in a dream world.

Well, I guess I could throw your own words back at you:
Why would anyone want to contribute anything, and make an attempt to become part of a community "on a thread, on a forum, on the interweb as I'm genuinely lost on that one"..?
LOL.
you're contradicting yourself.

I appear to have hit a nerve and you've taken it very personally.
I was simply answering your question and you've kind of 'turned on me'! lol :LOL:

Bless...;)

i was hoping for a response

Initially I was a touch disappointed with it tbh and then I wasn't sure it actually merited a response. I judged it to be a bit of a rant due to you feeling a form of self-imposed performance anxiety as a few doubts re. your revised strat kicked in..

This is becoming tiresome and circuitous, do I really have to constantly repeat myself? I've stated I'm not contributing with calls/set-ups/results on this thread anymore, but may add the odd comment, (if and when I pop my head in), can't see why that's so difficult to take on board. I posted up 9-10 charts of my small TF trades/results last week, if that corresponded with others having a poor week then that's trading eh?

I'm a swing/position trader at heart, what's next, guys asking me for a few more 200 pip calls on the Swissy? :rolleyes:

Let's leave it at that eh, you guys do your thing, I'll do mine...:)

No trading for me today - I'm going to The World MoneyshowQUOTE]

It was not a complete waste of time (free drinks). Lot's of people trying to sell you something (physical gold 1g up to 10k), oil wells, magazine subscriptions, trading lessons, trading systems etc. It seems it's getting tougher to make money from trading, so teaching trading may be the answer. One of them has quite a few satisfied followers (monthly subscription) and odd paid lessons here and there.

I liked one of the speakers' observation on $: Bernanke will keep printing until he runs out of ink.

It was not a complete waste of time (free drinks). Lot's of people trying to sell you something (physical gold 1g up to 10k), oil wells, magazine subscriptions, trading lessons, trading systems etc. It seems it's getting tougher to make money from trading, so teaching trading may be the answer. One of them has quite a few satisfied followers (monthly subscription) and odd paid lessons here and there.

I liked one of the speakers' observation on $: Bernanke will keep printing until he runs out of ink.

Yep, game on...

Fact 1: forex market is very volatile, some currency pairs more so than others, 30 pip movement on eur/usd is only 0.2 percent.
Fact 2: there are 1,000's of reasons why currency is traded day by day other than for "speculation", these are for commercial reasons, and can happen at anytime, if you're not a bank you have no idea they are coming or when they are done. If you do not know what makes up these commercial transactions and why they happen then you have no business trading forex anyway.(whether eurusd is down 50 pips or up 50 pips has no influence on these transactions as 50 pips has no significance)
Fact 3: you can trade forex one of two way (many ways in the middle but logic still applies), take quick profit 20 to 30 pips but then have tight stops 20 to 30 pips because you are leveraged so high, or secondly, swing or trend trade with much higher targets and stops.
Fact 4: problem with quick profits is that you are guessing because of fact 2 (sorry, but you really are) and you're hoping you can be right more than 50 percent of the time, over time emotion, greed, mistakes will mean you are going to be below 50 percent.
Fact 5: to forex trade for a living and make money at the second method means you need a HUGE account because drawdowns can be huge, most don't have a huge account and can't stomach the drawdowns (because of greed) so opt for option 1 because on paper you can make a lot of money but in reality is no different from gambling...

So back to the argument then, for trading on first method (quick profits), the odds are against you so to claim you can do this consistently I'm afraid needs proof (this is you black swan, btw), as for the second method, well spread betting companies prefer you to get sucked into the former as they're playing the odds (they're laughing all the way to the bank, big clue there)

So, fx bandit, anyone who can trade 20-30 pips and make money week in and week out, I take my hat off to you, but refusing to prove this fact, means you're a fraud because the probability is that you're talking through your backside......so I do not have to prove anything against BS, he has to justify his so called "easy" weekly trading...
Fact 3:

FX is tough, no doubt. Despite my moniker, I actually prefer futures (because I do a lot better).

was tom h there
who was the one with satisfied customers
what sort of systems
thanks

was tom h there
who was the one with satisfied customers
what sort of systems
thanks

I've met two exhibitors (they were trying to sell something else - unrelated to FX) and talking to them got to know about it and they looked relatively happy with his service - not 100% winning, but more winning than losing. BTW they didn't appear as if they've made their first million as yet.

I was mingling and trying to avoid some familiar faces (they may have recognized me from before - still trying to sell their courses to unsuspecting potential customers). That's a big business - teaching others how to trade - and it's beyond belief how people lose touch with reality when the greed kicks in. Few of them could be making money from trading and equally good amount from teaching. Some of them do teaching only (avoided them like the plague). I'd prefer not to mention the names.

Then - there was one exhibitor playing on extreme greed - promising massive profits in a short space of time. They came from another country where people may be more gullible. So to get their system you have to attend the course - I wouldn't know about it as I've never paid for that sort of things - definitely not when I hear about wild promises.

Sorry about not being specific, but in my opinion one is better off to try to find their own system by reading some good books, trial and error with small stakes and maybe from the forum.

Few of the speakers were good (serious analysts) and that part was worthwhile - together with the free drinks.(y)

Last edited:
his subscription service is vague calls I guess. Im surprised his book wasnt there as well.
I used to go to those shows but soon realised how crap they were. It would be nice if even one of them was any good. I have a friend who works for mt predictor(bet they were there)Its crap like most of the stuff. All just selling the dream. First and only software I ever brought was VSA,that was 10 years ago,it was rubbish then and now just better packaged

his subscription service is vague calls I guess. Im surprised his book wasnt there as well.
I used to go to those shows but soon realised how crap they were. It would be nice if even one of them was any good. I have a friend who works for mt predictor(bet they were there)Its crap like most of the stuff. All just selling the dream. First and only software I ever brought was VSA,that was 10 years ago,it was rubbish then and now just better packaged

totally concur.
when i went through the phase of learning, I went on loads of courses.
the presenters try to convince you by saying how they used to work successfully for big blue-chip banks and investment houses. but this jarred with them being in a local Brummie hotel on a rainy afternoon, when they should have been at home trading and making tens of thousands of pounds.

only 3 really convined me. Mr Charts, and Naz. It was only the entry requirements of 25K for day trader that stopped me all those years ago.
I ended up in FX due to the lower entry level costs.
the 3rd is Iraj. but a load of peripheral stuff stopped him posting here on T2W.
(mind you, I related to him since he used similar methods to me, but he on US stocks rather than FX)

oh well.
have a great week.

(hope the Mods can edit the weekend garbage and keep this long-standing thread on track)

Morning all

im not at all convinced by Mr charts.In all these years on the site,how many people has he trained to be successful traders. sure his patterns work,just like anything else. i never got to know the other two. Wheres naz now