Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indecisive EU

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,053
I’ve missed nice moves on EJ and EU. At the same time would have been stopped on GU. May try later on to play EU after 12:45.

missed yesterdays move as i was not around, managed to jump on the train south on ej today but it was noot as fast as yesterday so i jumped off at +42

Hope you've all had good weeks and
have a good weekend guys.

Let's see if it's going to move more than 172 pips in less than a minute at 12:30.
(the biggest move this week -Fed's int. rate decision 1 minute candle):eek:

It wasn't the interest rate as noone expected a change a no change was made, it was the statement released with the rate decision which pledged 600bln in another round of quantitative easing. Bernanke is bent on murdering the dollar.

It wasn't the interest rate as noone expected a change a no change was made, it was the statement released with the rate decision which pledged 600bln in another round of quantitative easing. Bernanke is bent on murdering the dollar.

The interest rate remained the same, but FOMC said it would buy $600 billion in longer-dated Treasury securities through the middle of next year.

Before the event I knew the time of release only - 18:15 (in the economic calendar known as Fed interest rate decision - full name: FOMC Rate Decision and Minutes of Meeting). Also I've heard of a possible FOMC decision to expand QE by at least $500B this month.

Information about possible QE was not that useful to me. I could have ignored all the EU shorts, but I would have missed quite a few good trades that way. Only info I could use was the time. There are some traders who trade the news, but I'm not one of them.

Through my experience, most of the time there is a sudden move in price at the time of release (even if the rate stayed the same). As my stops are quite small compared to that sort of moves, most likely outcome is a stopped trade and sometimes with a stop triggered far away from the original stop. To avoid all this, I do not trade during important reports (at least 15 minutes distance)

The interest rate remained the same, but FOMC said it would buy $600 billion in longer-dated Treasury securities through the middle of next year.

Before the event I knew the time of release only - 18:15 (in the economic calendar known as Fed interest rate decision - full name: FOMC Rate Decision and Minutes of Meeting). Also I've heard of a possible FOMC decision to expand QE by at least $500B this month.

Information about possible QE was not that useful to me. I could have ignored all the EU shorts, but I would have missed quite a few good trades that way. Only info I could use was the time. There are some traders who trade the news, but I'm not one of them.

Through my experience, most of the time there is a sudden move in price at the time of release (even if the rate stayed the same). As my stops are quite small compared to that sort of moves, most likely outcome is a stopped trade and sometimes with a stop triggered far away from the original stop. To avoid all this, I do not trade during important reports (at least 15 minutes distance)

You're a genius, so clear now, please post more to shed light on this fx day trading problem....fancy that, a "sudden move in price at the time of release"...who would have guessed .....(y)

You're a genius, so clear now, please post more to shed light on this fx day trading problem....fancy that, a "sudden move in price at the time of release"...who would have guessed .....(y)

I don’t think that sarcastic posts are of any use - maybe to release some sort of frustration?

On the other hand practical advice on avoiding trading around important reports may help.

PS What fx day trading problem?

Real money. albiet 1 micro lot. Joined the swingers. EOD for now, fits my life/job/family responsibilities.

long EUR/CHF .35273
stop .34480
t/p .36700

Real money. albiet 1 micro lot. Joined the swingers. EOD for now, fits my life/job/family responsibilities.

long EUR/CHF .35273
stop .34480
t/p .36700

Good Luck!
Good to start small, keep your life priorities in order and don't get greedy.

Peter