Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im done for the day, i can sit back and watch

today 3 trades 3 winners total 73 pips:)

overall trades

9 winners:)
4 losers :mad:

Total now stands at 238 pips in 8 days:clap::clap:

no doubt the devil will vomit in my face soon:devilish:

The first target

Now forming a lower high (hopefully).

Usually I wouldn't be that keen on lowering the stop, but anyway lower high is formed and stop goes to 14037.

Also not my favourite to stay in the trade after 17:00, especially through 6:15pm Fed interest rate decision.(n)

Usually I wouldn't be that keen on lowering the stop, but anyway lower high is formed and stop goes to 14037.

Also not my favourite to stay in the trade after 17:00, especially through 6:15pm Fed interest rate decision.(n)

Stopped -17.

Better luck tomorrow:clover::?:

1 minute chart

Attachments

• fed.JPG
    fed.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 109
I was analysing a potential set up for important reports. From my observations most of the time price eventually goes in the direction of the first 'crazy candle'. May try this next time - NFP report.
The idea is to wait for 15 minutes after the report and jump in at the low risk high reward entry in the direction of the 'crazy candle' (if there is no break of the extremes).

Has anyone tried this sort of set ups?

Attachments

• fed.JPG
    fed.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 120
Quite often the overall direction will follow that of the daily chart direction.
Yeah was a wild one...I thought I'd try an experiment using IG SB to scalp it...:eek:

Surprisingly enough, not one requote, manual exec so slippage not an issue.
28 pips, 5 trades no loss (1 scratched), waited for 1 point spread - not the kind of thing suited to live calls though.

Basically just jumping in when candles are moving fast in what looks like a clear direction, once the volatile range had been set in the first couple of minutes.