Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there must be an inverse correlation between overnight ranges, and eventual size of breakout?
(tight range = big moves)
QUOTE]

I don't know about overnight ranges (it's a bank holiday in Japan).

From my experience there is usually a big move after a tight range.

there must be an inverse correlation between overnight ranges, and eventual size of breakout?
(tight range = big moves)

the Big Ben trades over on other thread are going to have to deal with massive range!

do you ever get the feeling that Gann might have been right?
with respect to ranges, its almost as if it WILL get to price X in time T.
if the move is gentle, it chugs along and gets there.
if there is an hiatus, such as a range, or retracement, it "speeds" up to reach its price target at the alloted hour.
Or, am I thinking too much? (again)

(sorry, off topic, as it isnt a live call)

i looked at gann, a bit to complicated for me,do you use it. i have a friend whos just spent a shed load for some gann software

how do you define an overnight range. From what time etc. The japs could use the us session as an overnight range

i looked at gann, a bit to complicated for me,do you use it. i have a friend whos just spent a shed load for some gann software

dont use it.
went to a Fred Stafford seminar about it ages ago. seemed a nice bunch of people, they traded on your behalf, rather than just teaching. but their upfront fees were rather steep, such that your capital investment had to be quite high. I am sure some people make sense of it.
But, I suppose Delta is similar in that Time is an important part of the theory, in terms of reversal points. I have abandoned Delta in favour of simply following the market rather than trying to be clever. Being clever doesn't suit me.

Not sure if he used delta stuff (I think he did?) but what happened to '2be'? You must remember him Trendie? He made lots of brilliant calls in the old chatzy days. Would be nice to get him calling trades here...

quite fancy a short off this line,but wont as im sticking to one method alone. I hope to re introduce t/l in future once old mas is an assured leading earner.

Attachments

• snapshot-518.png
    snapshot-518.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 115
Not sure if he used delta stuff (I think he did?) but what happened to '2be'? You must remember him Trendie? He made lots of brilliant calls in the old chatzy days. Would be nice to get him calling trades here...

yep, I remember him. he had an incredible knowledge of Delta, and used it well.
we had a good skype room for a while.

apologies to Flashy, for filling thread with abstractions, but (returning to redart) I suspect after making the 50th call, it all becomes repetitive, and so people just get bored, as the initial newness is replaced by same-old, same-old. such is trading.

leovirgo also had great ideas, and got bored with posting calls.
I tend to be more interested in exploring concepts and ideas these days.

Last edited:
yep, I remember him. he had an incredible knowledge of Delta, and used it well.
we had a good skype room for a while.

apologies to Flashy, for filling thread with abstractions, but (returning to redart) I suspect after making the 50th call, it all becomes repetitive, and so people just get bored, as the initial newness is replaced by same-old, same-old. such is trading.

leovirgo also had great ideas, and got bored with posting calls.
I tend to be more interested in exploring concepts and ideas these days.

I always love a good concept and ideas discussion, the trick is not to let it interfere with your bread and butter!

The first target

Now forming a lower high (hopefully).

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: